Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 76 to 100 of 100
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Roadtrippin': to Summit County
    Posts
    1,891
    Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    ...I was expecting to be taken for a ride but was plesently surprised how well they skied at less than 110%.

    I’d love to get on some of the new/old ones to see what the difference is.
    Well, one huge difference is that the old 196cm is ~2750g per ski, whereas your 185cm 2016/2017 Bodacious is ~2260g.
    - TRADE your heavy BILLYGOATS or PROTESTS for my lightweight versions at this thread

    "My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

    "I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,195
    Funneh, they look like they have way less sidecut in IRL
    I thought the same when I saw them in person the other day, right next to my 14/15 lime green old school ones...they look straighter for sure. Don't know if it's an illusion 'cause they are black or what. The other weird thing is that it lists a tighter turn radius at 30.5 vs. the 32 of my green ones. It all makes me kind of anxious to try the black ones out but they are still in plastic for now. I must say I had the 'ol 186's out in some textbook hero pow today and it was as glorious a time as it's ever been!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,490
    I was pretty shocked at their nimbleness in spite of appearing so straight, and that I could really lay them on edge and ride through a big, fast, sweeping GS turn that I could hold until I was fully facing uphill and stopped if I wanted to.

    Yeah heavy feeling. Especially with 14 DIN 997's. I like that. These actually kinda remind me of the OG, 1st year ON3P Wren. Fat, heavy, stable and skiable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cruzing
    Posts
    9,007
    ^^^^ funny. I own both. A 196 Bod for the fresh days and the 191 Wren for everything else until it gets firm and for that on 186 LPs.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Calgary/Golden
    Posts
    226
    These can chew up a lot of real estate fast ... 196 with attack 16s.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cruzing
    Posts
    9,007
    Are these new skis just like the OG. Love love
    Love my OG, but much prefer this black top sheet

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Are these new skis just like the OG. Love love
    Love my OG, but much prefer this black top sheet
    Yes. Same ski.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Posts
    1,664
    anyone have interest in 186s?
    I impulse bought these on sale and aren't going to keep them. Drilled for Pivots 325bsl, otherwise 1.5 days on them and as new. Pm with questions.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    20
    Had the rustler 11 192cm this year western canada...great ski, but want something with slightly more traditional feel. I come from a racing background. Thinking the 2018/2019 bodacious could be the ticket. Is it still OG/unchanged for 2019?
    Me 185cm tall, 193lbs naked. The 196cm is tempting... What are the Trade offs with the 186?

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by kicool View Post
    Had the rustler 11 192cm this year western canada...great ski, but want something with slightly more traditional feel. I come from a racing background. Thinking the 2018/2019 bodacious could be the ticket. Is it still OG/unchanged for 2019?
    Me 185cm tall, 193lbs naked. The 196cm is tempting... What are the Trade offs with the 186?
    Having skied both the 192 rustler 11 and a older 186 bod this season I would actually say the rustler is the more traditional feeling of the two. You can drive the tips more and it is a better carver. The 186 bod also feels quite short.

    I haven’t skied the 196, but it is really heavy(2700g per ski?) so not sure it would be something I would want to ski every day.

    I love the damp metal construction though, the rustler 11 shape with the old Bodacious construction would be sick.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,504
    The 196 bode is pretty easy to ski. I like that ski a lot but it is a heavy mofo.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    pdx
    Posts
    11,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    but it is a heavy mofo.

    + another

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,253
    +3, but it is an absolute kick ass ski... I also have 194 Praxis Qs and Supergoats and my 196 Bods were my go to... But they are heavy as hell - get them up to speed and the weight goes away... Only that I owned that was heavier were my 194 4Frnt Devastators...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cruzing
    Posts
    9,007
    I found the 196 pretty easy to ski. I even had fun at slow speeds hanging w my then 4 year old on powdery green slopes. Bring it up to speed, and it was not much to handle at all. Toughest part was shouldering them back to the car at the end of the day.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    pdx
    Posts
    11,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I found the 196 pretty easy to ski. I even had fun at slow speeds hanging w my then 4 year old on powdery green slopes. Bring it up to speed, and it was not much to handle at all. Toughest part was shouldering them back to the car at the end of the day.
    I agree...on the g round on your feet, very fun ski

    Hanging off your legs on a long slow fixed grip...not fun

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Having skied both the 192 rustler 11 and a older 186 bod this season I would actually say the rustler is the more traditional feeling of the two. You can drive the tips more and it is a better carver. The 186 bod also feels quite short.

    I havenít skied the 196, but it is really heavy(2700g per ski?) so not sure it would be something I would want to ski every day.

    I love the damp metal construction though, the rustler 11 shape with the old Bodacious construction would be sick.
    Okay cool. Not to worried about the weight my q-labs are 2500g a pair I think. What I am looking for is somthing that is going to be a comp ski for me next year with a little more guts than the rustler that responds to my shin on the boot style.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redneck Town
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by kicool View Post
    Okay cool. Not to worried about the weight my q-labs are 2500g a pair I think. What I am looking for is somthing that is going to be a comp ski for me next year with a little more guts than the rustler that responds to my shin on the boot style.
    The Q-Labs are a ripping ski but for me something seems just a little off. I definitely prefer the longer radius of the Bodacious as you can drift a turn or quickly dump speed a lot easy than on the Q-Labs. They would make for a great comp ski. I am on the R10's as my everyday ski in the Rockies and found the Bodacious to be intuitive to hop on - as in it is not a difficult ski to ski and you can open up the throttle and make any turn shape (so long as you have high angles), although it definitely prefers big turns.

    I don't own the Bodacious, I just tried them out for a weekend. In that regard, if anyone knows of a pair of OG/Blackout 186cm's that are looking for a home...

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    20
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F5137D7D-7D47-4B36-86B1-FB700DFCDE87.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	284300196cm Bodes with FKS 18. Got these on warranty, shout out to blizzard.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cruzing
    Posts
    9,007
    ^^^^those look great.

    So much better than my OG topsheet.

    Was able to get on mine a lot this past winter. Still love this ski in 3D snow. Stable and easy and likes to go fast.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ^^^^those look great.
    FKNA right they do. Still need to get on a pair of 196s but I still love my 186s to death.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,490
    196 is a real ski.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    ahead
    Posts
    27
    For anyone lookin for a pair on the cheap, I'm looking to unload some real minty 196's

    Pro: Bases and edges are pristine
    Con: 1.5 mounts (FKS on the line for 27.5, FKS at +1 for 28.5)

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,822
    Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    For anyone lookin for a pair on the cheap, I'm looking to unload some real minty 196's

    Pro: Bases and edges are pristine
    Con: 1.5 mounts (FKS on the line for 27.5, FKS at +1 for 28.5)
    How much?

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    How much?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-Bodacious-196

    Still available.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    ahead
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    How much?
    225 +ship?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •