Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I just got off the phone with a bud in Aleyeska. Pretty dismal. Got some snow, but he said it set up stiff right now. He's hoping it goes blue so he can heli higher?

I was @ Alyeska last week for a few days of cat skiing & resort turns. Knowing about the high pressure over the area for the few weeks leading up to my trip, my expectations were pretty low. Resort turns were pretty good up top, sloppy toward the bottom. North Face skied good off Ragdoll, but was rough toward the bottom. Saturday cat day got cancelled but it snowed all day. Sunday was a go, and it was much better then I expected with about a foot of fresh on average due to how the winds loaded certain aspects. Pretty sure they got snow after we left. I think we got lucky with how good it was sunday compared to how bad it could have been.

I was at ALyeska last week with some friends and it was not as bad as I thought it would be. Knowing of the high pressures in the weeks leading up to my trip, I kept my expectaions in check. Skied the resort 4 days and the Cat 1 day. North Face skied ok on Ragdoll & Picnic gates and just ran groomers in the fog. Cat was cancelled saturday, but it ran sunday and we had some decent snow actually. Don't think they flew the 6 days I was there.

any update for the valdez area would be great. Offered a discounted trip to rendezvouse and want to see if i should pull the trigger.

Thanks

It's finally on. We went Monday. Great day good stability. Opened up some LZ's that hadn't been hit all year. Starting to be some crusts on sunnier slopes but was breaking down nicely during the day. Still looked a little thin on some of the bigger lines. I wouldn't of wanted to be the next group down OZ after we were done. Snowing a little bit today. sooner than later is the time to be here.
    off your knees Louie

nice, woudl be cominig on sat flying sun- sat.
    metorite have enought snow on it?

I don't know about Meteorite. We flew out of Cordova with PNH. I did talk to some guys that skied over from Valdez last week and they showed me a photo looked good. Meteorite is a little out of Rendevous's Blue Hole zone. Have fun hope the good weather continues.
    off your knees Louie

How are conditions at Alyeska right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    How are conditions at Alyeska right now?
    \

Conditions at Alyeska are out of this world right now. They just got a ton of pow. I skied Thurs/Fri last week and got some of the best snow that I've seen there in my 7yrs skiing the area.

On Christmas Eve (Saturday) I skied Turnagain Pass with some friends. You could push a ski pole vertically down and bury it - without much force at all. My best day at Turnagain yet!

Anchorage just got dumped on. 15" in the last three days. HIT IT!