4 some reason I think this is almost cooler...

..than my skiing article in my local newspaper. Cause come on, how hard is it to get some recognition as a skier in "Surf City USA". (btw-Santa Cruz, holds that claim, not Hunington Beach) But as a surfer that grew up in one of the strongest generations of surfers ever to come out of SC, I thought this was pretty cool.

Plus, the day described in the article was one of the best day's of surfing in my life. It was like Teahupoo rights. O-head to Double O-head barrells breaking in about two feet of water.

Yeah, whatever, if I sound like I'm claiming, I was pretty stoked.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/arc...es/04sport.htm

Gwen Mickelson: Swell ideas for the surfer on Christmas
    Enough holiday jibber jabber. My surf reporters in the field tell me the Murph Bar was going off last week. Cody Townsend, 21, of Santa Cruz said he got it good Thursday with only three guys out — locals only, of course — at the one of the most elusive, highly prized and heavily guarded breaks in town.

"The waves were sucking up bowls, really just dredging," said Townsend. "They a little bouncy and bumpy, but it was heavy barrels."

Townsend said he saw a bunch of the big local names out, including Bud Freitas, Jesse Colombo and Josh Mulcoy.

When he checked back at sunset, there were 25 people in the water.

"It was one of those lucky ones," said Townsend of his surprise uncrowded session.

Nice dude, that you made the news and that you got that killer session.