View Poll Results: Christmas tree lights?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Multi-colored lights

49 48.51%
  • White lights

33 32.67%
  • Get serious

19 18.81%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    growing up we always had the large colors. big bulbus colors. it was the way to go. some of my less cool friends had the small colored ones, and i would point and laugh. some of them even had strings of lights that blinked and twinkled, i quicky made those friends my enemies, as cluttering up a tree with blinking winking little lights is satans work.
    over the years the old big bulbus bulbs burned out. with a shrinking light supply and a fear of being un-cool for using tiny colored bulbs, the family gave in to the world of small white bulbs. I often think back to the glory days of the 16 ft. tree back in the south end, with the giant colored bulbs, and i weep, saddened by the realities of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    someone had come in the middle of the night and rearranged it so one deer was humping the other.
    and by "someone" you mean YOU.
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

As far as the indoor tree goes, it's always been candles on a real tree for me and my family. Lately my mom's got into the habit of setting up a secondary artificial tree and that's always white lights.

For outdoors, coloured lights say Christmas, white lights say winter.

SaAaH (and starting to think about maybe considering doing some shopping soon),
    d.

Quote Originally Posted by gincognito
    As far as the indoor tree goes, it's always been candles on a real tree for me and my family.

that is so core.
    i always lobbied for that option because the tree at christmas revels had real candles, and i was always intrigued by fire. i think my parents thought i would surley succumb to my pyromaniac tendencies and we would be homeless for christmas. so, no dice.

As far as the indoor tree goes, it's always been candles on a real tree for me and my family.
    Candles. On a real tree. In your house. Has anyone suggested to you that this practice might not be such a good idea?
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

I prefer white. But evidently not as strongly as Mr.AG thinks multi-colored lights are an absolute requirement- the world would come to an end if we used white lights or something. Thus there are multi-colored lights on the tree. We don't bother with lights on the house - you can see the tree in the big front window and I figure that's enough.
    Last edited by altagirl; 12-16-2004 at 10:33 AM.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Candles! Now that's old school.

My mom is a serious Christmas nut - our house was always decked out with multicolor lights, santa's, reindeer, nativity scene and all the trimmings.
    I'm a little more subtle - white lights around the eaves and windows, colored on the trees - outside and inside.

Quote Originally Posted by EPSkis
    Candles. On a real tree. In your house. Has anyone suggested to you that this practice might not be such a good idea?
    Yeah, a bunch of nancies tend to bring this up each year . No respect for tradition, I tell ya. But when they see the lovely warm glow that only 20 lit candles can produce, well, they tend to settle down (sometimes a healthy dose of the nog helps calm their nerves as well).

SaAaH (and I'd assume it goes without saying, but said tree is never left unattended and fire extinguishing materials are always near-by),
    d.

Candles sound really core. I think that could have been a problem when I was growing up...little pyro me. I remember having colored bubble lights? They had a little ball under the light that heated up some liquid?? I haven't noticed those in a long time. The parentals do all white on a real tree and white lights outside as well......well, mom does all white, dad just runs away when she is putting them up. At my house we have one of those artificial trees with white lights already in it. However we added some color this past wknd with some help of the Jager girls. Now we have blinking red Jager lights all over it
    "Hurry up and finish your wine so we can go get us some milkshakes"

Out here inda southwest we use chilipepper lights and then shoot 'em off Jan 1

We went retro this year - back to the days of old and the large colored lights. Picked up some C-7 ceramic lights (don't get as hot as the old ones). Looks great but doesn't show off the ornaments as much as the mini - white lights.

Here's a great page with lots of styles to look at:

Christmas Lights
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

This years tree:

Merry Christmas!

SaAaH (and I'd assume it goes without saying, but said tree is never left unattended and fire extinguishing materials are always near-by),
    d.
    Once you've seen what happens when a fir tree torches, you will sing a different tune. Forget the fire extinguishing materials, just keep the door open so you can run for your life.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    Once you've seen what happens when a fir tree torches, you will sing a different tune. Forget the fire extinguishing materials, just keep the door open so you can run for your life.
    Of course, getting the right kind of tree is key as well.

SaAaH (and tree is cut only a couple days before Christmas and not left up much more than a week),
    d.
    Last edited by gincognito; 12-16-2004 at 01:51 PM.

Jeez! Just let the man have his candles on his tree!

Tradition people!
    As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.

Colored lights can hypnotize
    Sparkle someone else's eyes

Nonetheless it is the colored lights for me and mine and the bigger the better, dammit.

The white only thing is too damn snooty by half, I say!
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

epsskis nails it.
    I don't mind all white *outside* as trim, but my tree's gotta be saturated in multi-colors.
    white looks good in the yard, but on the tree; you gotta have color. white just blends in white the lamp inside and if your house cant grow its own icicles, don't force it. those people probably are the ones that put christmas sweaters on their dog.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo Pup
    When I lived in the South as a kid - we used to hang colored only.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry
    Reread this^^^.
    I thought I was the only one who caught that. I'm still not sure if this is a deliberate slow pitch (iceman's KKK reference had me thinging the same way), or a totally unintentional choice of words.

We have white lights in the house (pre-lit tree - booya!). But this tree looks better with colored lights:

Because rich has nothing to do with money.

White lights, colored lights. It doesn't matter. You just gotta keep 'em up all year round.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

I think someone asked for candles in tree pictures so...

We all survived.

Sick and ashamed and happy (and hope everyone had a decent couple of days),
    d.

Lights are crazy now with that seizure inducing flashy flash

multi color, leave em on the fig tree year round, just replace the batteries and the x-mas decorating is done
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Ha! My sister and her husband just got in a huge fight about white or multi-colored lights on their tree.. You'd figure that's something you'd want to hash out before getting married, like child-rearing or spending habits.

My household has solved this very real problem by getting lights that alternate between the two. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181208_224740.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	259668Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181208_220029.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	259670

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid