Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Life has gotten scary and serious. But I will likely appear back here once that is behind me. This place is like salt and pepper chips...bad for you but actually so good you will never put it down! And I do like to see the old names from wayback appear. There's some quality stuff and folks always.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Nothing posted yet about the Neptune Mountaineering thread..?

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...Mountaineering
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Do I count as an old timer? I have gray hairs now.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Heh. I like a lot of you fuckers. That first summit was all time. The concept of an internet alias disappeared pretty quickly. Real life merged with the digital one. I do miss some of the old alias play, but life has spilled out of the cup and is running everywhere.

I'm holding down the fort in Ogden and am always up for a drink or turns if any of you clowns pass through. I'll be in Denver in a couple of weeks to see Radiohead if any Colorado kids want to grab a drink in LoDo.

I wonder if my kids will post here when they get older? Will I be taking their pictures when they get rad?

Quote Originally Posted by divegirl View Post
    Oh man, I can't believe I missed this thread a year ago. Well, I know why. Spent no time here and more time on lamebook, & had 3 jobs. Thanks Brett for starting this thread, and ? for bumping it.

I *really* miss this place, but I miss the minis and summits more. I left b/c it was starting to smell like a shit upon jockstrap, but that stuff only lasts for a bit.

I echo Viva's sentiments, and miss the maggette contribution (Britney, yoga,... all). But the thing I love about TGR is that I don't have to censor myself much, and no one else does either.

Is there a possibility of a summit reunion somewhere, next season maybe?

I especially miss skiing with a large group of great people at Kirkwood every other weekend... Also, all the stuff that everyone mentioned so far.

Hell, I wouldn't be married or working on a mini-mag without this place. Love you guys.
    My last summit memory was having dinner with you, dj (I think) and one other mag in south lake tahoe after skiing Kirkwood. 7 years ago? Good times. I would do it again.

PS congrats on the Mini.

Sent from my LS9000 using the motherfucking TGR Forums.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by BeanDip4All View Post
    imo, things became much more self-promotional around these parts over the past few years.

here's a teaser TR now go over to my blog for the full thing
    yo here's my TR and btw i'm hawking shirts and ski suits for a ladyfriend
    oh hey i'm secretly a shill for the resort and they pay me in season passes

i blame "social media" bs uprising... nowadays people view these forums as a means when they used to be an ends

miss when everyone just hung around here and shot the breeze, didn't have an agenda to push

ps check out my blog at danceswithcorgis.com
    Quote for truth.

Sent from my IS11CA using TGR Forums
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    I blame the POV camera. I used to love pictures and writing and now the main forum is a lot of 8 minute poorly angled POVs.
    YES! Video killed the TR star.

www.poachninja.com

I actually get to ski with old time mags again next weekend, going to Utah for my first ever gordy camp. It's no summit but I'm sure it will do. It's my first time back to Utah since my road trip to the Tahoe Summit and beyond.
    Move along nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    My last summit memory was having dinner with you, dj (I think) and one other mag in south lake tahoe after skiing Kirkwood. 7 years ago? Good times. I would do it again.

PS congrats on the Mini.

Sent from my LS9000 using the motherfucking TGR Forums.
    Yup. I think it was antisocal skier, Telenater may have been around, and Mrs. DJSapp (who wasn't Mrs. at that time). I recently stumbled upon some drunk photos from the battered beaver party... Divegirl, I accept cash and credit cards...
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I swear I ate a half cooked burger (whatever that enormous one was called) at that Battered Beaver party, I looked it was pink and I thought whatever I'm hungry.
    Move along nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Quote for truth.
    I disagree, at least here in the Padded Room. I hardly ever even look at the rest of the site, honestly. I like talking to skiers and boarders a lot more than I like talking about skiing and boarding, most of the time. And this place is still pretty cool, hell you could even talk about skiing in here if you wanted, after all it's the Padded Room after all.

Quote Originally Posted by meatdrink9 View Post
    Heh. I like a lot of you fuckers. That first summit was all time. The concept of an internet alias disappeared pretty quickly. Real life merged with the digital one. I do miss some of the old alias play, but life has spilled out of the cup and is running everywhere.

I'm holding down the fort in Ogden and am always up for a drink or turns if any of you clowns pass through. I'll be in Denver in a couple of weeks to see Radiohead if any Colorado kids want to grab a drink in LoDo.

I wonder if my kids will post here when they get older? Will I be taking their pictures when they get rad?
    Whatever happened to GT40? Is he your dad? I had the pleasure of skiing with him at a Straightline camp years ago.He could really rip and it was a powder day so we all ditched Gordy for the first hour of Camp.Funny ass time it was.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I disagree, at least here in the Padded Room. I hardly ever even look at the rest of the site, honestly. I like talking to skiers and boarders a lot more than I like talking about skiing and boarding, most of the time. And this place is still pretty cool, hell you could even talk about skiing in here if you wanted, after all it's the Padded Room after all.
    You know, you are right and I think I am just getting older and increasingly bitter. Yes, I am not a fan of all the POV crap and there is way too much "here is one pic now go to my site" diversions but there are still amazing TRs (Klar's latest, for instance), great banter and even Def Jef level pisstaking (the Gaper Spirit Animal is as good as anything I have seen on this site). TGR is dead! Long live TGR!

www.poachninja.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Plakespeare.
    Plakespear still rides with me...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plakespear.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	111384
    Last edited by H-man; 03-02-2012 at 09:46 AM.
    Fresh Tracks are the ultimate graffitti.
    Schmear

Set forth the pattern to succeed.
    Sam Kavanagh

Friends of Tuckerman Ravine

Lots of old schoolers simply lurk now-a-days and then pop up when something like this thread catches their attention. As Ice says, I blame Rob Story.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    Whatever happened to GT40? Is he your dad? I had the pleasure of skiing with him at a Straightline camp years ago.He could really rip and it was a powder day so we all ditched Gordy for the first hour of Camp.Funny ass time it was.
    That was a blast. Gordy was late to school on a pow day and got ditched. Wasn't that also the camp where Gordy wrecked himself on that gnar liftline and busted a rib?
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.