Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    ^Ah well, nice to have inter-met you. Sorry old timer, I guess I just defaulted to the only Iceman I've heard of.

Honestly though, I don't want to cunt up this thread. I've enjoyed reading it and really wish I could have been around back in the good ole days.

That George Gervin dude was pretty cool though.

I looked up on the pow forum my original join date, 10/12/00 at noon, member 345. Holy crap. I think I had eight gray hairs then. I like that I waited until I wasn't "working" to join, I recall surfing randomly for a couple of months and joined to post something smartassed. I can remember the office I had back then, great light, I had a blue iMac, map of the world on one wall of my office.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    Yeah, Phil, comrade of dude_le. Was just telling someone that story the other day, probably the most badass thing I've read here (although that was in powmag days I believe).
    That was me who you were telling the story. I loved the days when Blurred was every alias on the board and Gosey had some pocket rockets he didn't know what to do with.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Mr. Pound Key
    a kid named Butters
    the beautiful written lunacy of Odin and Buster
    Owens piping in and his dog
    Cletus being my welcoming party to Bend, Schralper showing me the goods
    just about anything Phunk said Porkchop Sandwiches!
    DTM hucking all of Bad News

and that's "just the tip"

I started lurking in 05 and everyone was saying it was the beginning of the end. I'm just glad that I was able to meet all the great maggots that I met before they stopped posting.
    Last edited by Phill; 03-07-2011 at 05:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by cramer View Post
    who posted that TR with squirrel99 skiiing off the summit of mt hood? Probably the best one ive read on here. By far the best TR on here and should be in hall of fame. Rocks falling, ski patrol talking shit. I tried search function, but im a jong and couldnt find it.
    Powstash did that one.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

reserving my space in this thread as a future "old time maggot". bring it on!
    i dont slay ur groomerz with teh steeze so dont carve corduroy in r park nOOb!

my arsenal !: 4FRNT CRJ : Armada Pipecleaners : Salomon 1080 Gun Lab : Rossignol Scratch FS : Salomon Yellow 1080s : Rossignol Powair : Elan SCX : K2 Extremes (4 versions)

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    a kid named Butters
    Heh, that was me. My move to UT coincided almost to the day with MD9 leaving for St. Louis. I slipped right into his spot in the crew and we had a running joke for awhile that I was like the new Kenny. I'm way too calm to be called Tweek though so I had to be Butters. Then there was a big powmag meltdown where lots of people lost their logins (same event that gave us Xover, BakerBoy2, etc.) so I re-registered as butters instead of DTM2 or whatever. It was funny for awhile, then it got old so when the TGR exodus happened I went back to DTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubersheist View Post
    Oh yeah, where's DJSapps? That guy and SnowJob were great! I miss the Roos and Brownmonkey, too.
    Still here. Mostly lurk in the padded room and photo forum these days. Ever since the KW roll call threads ended, I've been omitted from any kind of TR due to excessive suckage (that and 666 et al. raised the bar far above my level).

What did happen to Homerjay anyway? He got me a job in Avon that I turned down in 05 and I still think about what may have been. That and the Stacy Hatch avatar always made me laugh.

FIGHT ME, FUCKER.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Anyone remember the "Maggots ownerize the cirque" thread and video? Spats shot the whole thing on a cerca-2002 P&S digital camera and it is still one of the most stoke-inducing videos I recall seeing on here. Too bad it was lost to the Powder board implosion.

I miss the trolling over at Epic dot com.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander#2 View Post
    I looked up on the pow forum my original join date, 10/12/00 at noon, member 345. Holy crap.
    I just went looking & couldn't even find the forum. I recall joining in the first few days of 2001 after hearing of it at a new years party.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

I miss reading pechelman's engineering insights and edg's sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Anyone remember the "Maggots ownerize the cirque" thread and video? Spats shot the whole thing on a cerca-2002 P&S digital camera and it is still one of the most stoke-inducing videos I recall seeing on here. Too bad it was lost to the Powder board implosion.
    Yeah, that was a good one. Remember Arty's video from his first Gordy camp in AK? I think LPH and maybe Roo were involved. Fucking awesome video.

Also stoke that came from passing the hat around via PM to put Nils in a heli, and the internet treasure hunt to reveal it. Was that mostly Cleatus, Rev and phunk, or am I really confused? Does anyone remember that?

edit: can we ask for a "old timers" forum? Requires a 04 join date or earlier?
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Even digging back to 2006 when we had a similar reminiscence brings up a ton of people we don't see anymore:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-Powmag-forums
    Living vicariously through myself.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Whatever happened to Keoni?

I miss that Sledneckripper guy.

Quote Originally Posted by iskibc View Post
    I miss that Sledneckripper guy.
    that was a fun summer
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    Even digging back to 2006 when we had a similar reminiscence brings up a ton of people we don't see anymore:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-Powmag-forums
    Whoa, big changes. Nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Whoa, big changes. Nice find.
    Do any of the first 8 posters still post?

edit: acutally other than you, particle and cj does anbody from the first page still post.

Brownmonkey, MacDaddy, Tri-ungulate, Bad Roo...nice to see those!

I always pay attention when tonghands posts, too bad that's pretty much never these days

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Do any of the first 8 posters still post?

edit: acutally other than you, particle and cj does anbody from the first page still post.
    Actually, from the first page only Plake (self-explanatory), schmear (he's a writer and you can't write and post on here both, ask me how I know), Spicoli (he gets a pass - funny bastard but he had some issues) and Utarded (I would bet that's an alias of someone we know fairly well) never post at all. Me and Steven S. are at one end of the spectrum, Bob and 3pin at the other, but everyone except for those first four has posted this year at least a couple times. Some post way less than before but hey people get busy.

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    I always pay attention when tonghands posts, too bad that's pretty much never these days.
    He never has posted much. Kid definitely has the highest signal-to-noise ratio in PowMag/TGR history by far.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Some post way less than before but hey people get busy.
    Some of us have gotten older, fatter, and... I hate to say it, but I really don't care anymore... have lost as much interest in skiing. I've never been a great skier, but I sure wasn't bad. I'm now more out of shape then I've been before, and I physically can't do what I used to be able to do anymore. I still love skiing, but it was my main hobby for 20 years. I had to let others in.

BTW, I still remember that story you told (I'm pretty sure it was you on the the "Stupid Things Done" thread") about how when you could still smoke on airplanes, you got off the plain and flicked a lit cigarette out onto the tarmac. Except, it didn't go onto the tarmac. It went straight into some guy's ear. It makes me giggle even today.
    Fighting foot fungus one public bath house at a time!

My site