Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

yo long time maggots!

Lets reminisce. I'm playing online poker and need something to do in between hands.

Talk about posters who aren't here anymore but wish still were.

What thread sticks out most to you on this board over the years?

What do you think about the evolution of this place?

I remember when Mir posted her feet on here. Then you started dating her.

Remember DINS and DINMS? Whatever happened to those brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Remember DINS and DINMS? Whatever happened to those brothers?
    There was only one. The older brother was made up. I think Fiddler's kid may still know DINMS.

lemonboy had a kid and disappeared, haven't seen his big ass pickup at BP or LL either.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander#2 View Post
    lemonboy had a kid and disappeared, haven't seen his big ass pickup at BP or LL either.
    Remember the alias lemon boy is a tailgunner?

That was me.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    There was only one. The older brother was made up. I think Fiddler's kid may still know DINMS.
    Seriously though?

ever hear from the iskibc kook? man that got wacky. Phunk and his toaster troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander#2 View Post
    ever hear from the iskibc kook? man that got wacky. Phunk and his toaster troubles.
    Dude, really? Iskibc and I are great friends. I brap more with him than probably anyone else.
    He posts under ^^^ now.

Slow on the uptake, eh?

Watch TBC3. That's him in the sled seg. Get with it man.

DINMS attended a couple of the Mt. Hood Minis. First time around, he was a part of the crew...skied with us and shit. But the next next year, he was detached, had changed his steez, could tell that he was moving on. I met his dad that second time around.

I miss GT40.

And I miss the Maggettes! Damn, we had a lot of cool girls here once upon a time: Brittney, Monique, Lynx, Sherpa Style, WSD, Altachic, SkierGirl, Divegirl, EricaZ, Valleygirl, Altagirl, snowfire, Mrs. Roo et al. I see SheRa, Yoga, BeanDip and Bklyn post occasionally, but that special Maggette touch is definitely missing.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I remember the days before iceman mauled the fawn.

And then the time of the tags.

imo, things became much more self-promotional around these parts over the past few years.

here's a teaser TR now go over to my blog for the full thing
    yo here's my TR and btw i'm hawking shirts and ski suits for a ladyfriend
    oh hey i'm secretly a shill for the resort and they pay me in season passes

i blame "social media" bs uprising... nowadays people view these forums as a means when they used to be an ends

miss when everyone just hung around here and shot the breeze, didn't have an agenda to push

ps check out my blog at danceswithcorgis.com

I wish pHunk was still here flaming you.

Best threads: DefJef, HoneyPie, and the best by far ever was the FuckAGoat thread; I never laughed so hard!

All things evolve. We knew it would happen. This place is too big now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Dude, really? Iskibc and I are great friends. I brap more with him than probably anyone else.
    He posts under ^^^ now.
    who was the dude that hacked your puter and posted all that evil crap about your old lady?

Armchair Extreme hitting a guy upside the head with the side of a hammer and the hammer broke but the dude didn't go down jumps to mind for some reason. Wildbill, Bason and Roo = funny shit. The list goes on. The whoke Thelonius and Angry Whelk shit was pretty amazing I thought. Def Jef was pretty wild and that other dude, the guy that won the Emmy's (what the hell was his name?)was good stuff too. I can still see that couple -Mike and kris?_ in that picture dead serious in their Marlboro fartbags...Canada=51st State... Unsmart things done...

I think the place is ok. It has always had its ups and downs, there was a long damndown after the Rob Story aricle, way too many of a certain type of poster, but mostly they've gone away and pretty much only the good one stayed. Once people stick around for a while they begin to feel like part of the community and nobody really wants to be a total outcast, so they moderate their behavior a bit (at least what they post under their own names, right, Brett?)

It is a pretty good time for a thread like this, it must be coming up on 10 years here pretty soon. It's too bad that so many funny bastards don't post anymore but what can you do? Instead of sticking around and trying to make it better, they split. And the place kept going. Imagine that.

Highway Star and K-Stormchaser were good for a laugh. And where is Doctor What??

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Highway Star and K-Stormchaser

Forgot about that. That was some good shit!

Oh, and the Vicarious Powderhound threads were always good!
    Last edited by Below Zero; 03-02-2011 at 09:45 PM.

[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Armchair Extreme hitting a guy upside the head with the side of a hammer and the hammer broke but the dude didn't go down jumps to mind for some reason. Wildbill, Bason and Roo = funny shit. The list goes on. The whoke Thelonius and Angry Whelk shit was pretty amazing I thought. Def Jef was pretty wild and that other dude, the guy that won the Emmy's (what the hell was his name?)was good stuff too. I can still see that couple -Mike and kris?_ in that picture dead serious in their Marlboro fartbags...Canada=51st State... Unsmart things done...

I think the place is ok. It has always had its ups and downs, there was a long damndown after the Rob Story aricle, way too many of a certain type of poster, but mostly they've gone away and pretty much only the good one stayed. Once people stick around for a while they begin to feel like part of the community and nobody really wants to be a total outcast, so they moderate their behavior a bit (at least what they post under their own names, right, Brett?)

It is a pretty good time for a thread like this, it must be coming up on 10 years here pretty soon. It's too bad that so many funny bastards don't post anymore but what can you do? Instead of sticking around and trying to make it better, they split. And the place kept going. Imagine that.
    Heh, it wasn't Emmy's, it was Grammy's. I actually skied with the fartbag couple, MFI and wife. They weren't ready for Solisunday. I think he lives on at a couple of different message boards.

I think a lot of this place has gone underground as well. Some people wandered off to different places. Some people don't post much but still communicate via other methods. And like Beandip said, some people seem to just come here with their hand out.

And yeah Brett, there was only one real life DINMS.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Fucking yes

I actually skied with the fartbag couple, MFI and wife.
    Mrs. Blondex...something like that. Nurse Kris was her sister. Kris hung around for a bit after we ragged on her sis.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

We're all getting old.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

I miss the insane ramblings and disturbing videos of 0bernhardfranz
    And that guy from the south who left his wife and hitched to a ski town
    pantsuits
    manpris
    I thought their offices would be strewn with bunny-fucking and condom dispensers, a veritable enchanted forest of cock shafts and twat mist. - JoeStrummer

That just blew my mind. Come to think of it though, they never really talked about DINS. DINMS was actually the first maggot I ever met. Followed 5 minutes later by Endlesseason.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

I remember spicoli being funny, Tonghands and Roo as well.
    Punani brought the goof at times. The Utah stoke has simmered. TRs from stoysluttie and phunk and crossdresser were always great.
    I also remember when mir first joined, she posted every time she had a new thought enter her brain.
    I'm trying to remember the details of Ice's story with the matchstick head...but I'm drawing a blank.
    Meatdrink had some random, verbose, but oddly sensible drunk posts. And yoda was good as well.