Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mammoth Windbagger (TR of some length in 4 parts)

Duff & Duff for all the Ya-Ya’s

Looks like we have some catching up to do--I have been away for bit...a few at Mammoth, a few more at Baldy and one at June…

So, yet again His Dudeness arrives in cyberland with more blatant written garbage for your visual displeasure...but it is finally here once anon in its full anti-glory, none-the-less.

Photos:
    Pictures of Mammoth Dec 11-12, 2004

Abridged Version: The anthill is again in need of new snow, lots of pow-pow would be kind. But never give up on the hill, no matter the conditions…Stay positive and remember how lucky we all really truly are...

*Insert my standard quid-pro-quo here, please.* If you do not like me, my verbosity, or my extra-lengthy tales upon the sweet whiteness...umm, duh, I repeat...DUH, do not read any further.

So grab a chalice of java, or perhaps a fine malt beverage, or maybe just some other drink of choice...kick back, prepare to be put to sleep with my usual nomenclature of excessive adjectives, descriptors, similes, metaphors, and slang that no one understands fully, 'cept this mondo SoCal kook...

Away we go on the journey into the mentally inane workings of BodhiSnowdude...

Let me get my bitching rant here out of the way pronto, so that I can drop the whining, bitch-slap myself on the cheek, and get on with some uplifting enlightenment of pleasures on the sparkle and fade…

For the drive to Mammoth from SoCal, I am torn between the two camps:
    1. Doing the trek Friday afternoon and adding two hours because of traffic, and
    2. Hitting the road in the wee-hours of Saturday morn and hitting no traffic.

Option one gives me a decent night’s sleep before hitting the slopes, but creates unneeded frustration and risk of being on the road at the same time as everyone in California. The extra drive time can be as much as 2+…

Option two allows for a serenity drive in less then 5 hours from Temmy, no traffic, no worries, smooth sailing all the way up the 395, but leaves one a bit groggy for the day on the slopes and wiped out by dinner time, unable to partake in any evening proclivities.

Most of the time I opt for the early-am departure, but this past w/e I chose to bail right after work…so I bolted home at 3:00pm, ate some grindies, packed the gear, stocked the cooler, loaded the truck, gave Dude (my pup) a hug and a chewy on the way out the door, and was on the street by 4pm.

Btw, Blondie was a last minute ditch-bitch, needing to get some X-mas shit accomplished around the house and in the malls without my presence in the near-by. I tossed about the idea of kidnapping Dude and taking him to the mtn with me, but figured it would piss off the old lady too much since I had the feeling she wanted to spend some quality time with him over the w/e…esp since he spend more time thru the weekdays with me, me-thinks she was trying to get his favor more in her direction, she thinks he tends to me more than her…jealous chicks, eh? Besides that, if I took Dude without her actually knowing it, I would probably not get laid until Christmas 2005…behold the evil power the ladies hold over us guys…

Fucking traffic—damn, SoCal dolts behind wheel. TMC syndrome for the past ten years here and it is getting worse by the day seems. Millions of aimless simpletons (like myself) drudging their way to their little pieces of the world---all at the same time—block’o-ing up the route like constipation in need of an aenima. And Southern Cal could definitely use an aenima.

For the life of me...I could not get out of my little burg! Wish I had the power of Bruce Almighty and could have moved all the cars out of my way, and blasted a line right down the middle…BION, Took me 35mins to get to Murrietta, when it should have taken me only five…honestly, I could have done the trip faster on my Marin.

Trucks and Cars…mostly purposeless SUVs everywhere…plus, add in the spice of crazy maniacles on crotch rockets scooting threads between lanes narrowly missing side mirrors abounding everywhere…change lanes w/o looking over your shoulder and you’d layout one of the fools on their heads—spat! Avant-garde red pavement. Maybe that would be Darwinism working magic, but I do not need the headache of manslaughter on my record…then I would never get back into Canada, eh?

I am usually a mellow calm dude “who takes ‘er easy” 24/7 with positive thoughts humming about my brain…but sometimes while on the pavement, evil transgressions of aggression float by on the forefront of consciousness and block out my peaceful easy feeling of just simply and softly cruising down the lane jamming to kind reggae rhythms…so, dammit be to those forsaken souls who make me get vile in my mind’s eye. I hate them all…

”Hey dork! How does my exhaust smell? Think I’ll pass the smog? Maybe you should just give the pipe a blowjob since you are up my ass so much…dick.”

“Ahhh, such a pretty-pretty girlie—you little size three tight-bod solo princess, with your seat pushed up all the way to the steering wheel, in your gargantuan SUV that is pointlessly redundant with no 4WD…I want to thank you, thank you very much, for warning me by hitting your brakes nine million times…just keep pumping those brakes on each and every slight downgrade, so that everyone behind your pretty little ass has brake panic. And in turn they hit their brakes a little bit harder, and then the person behind them hits theirs a little bit harder, then the person behind them…and so on, and so on, until we are all at a complete stop…I appreciated your efforts you dumb soccer mom-twat. Go back to Connect-i-cunt with your Mass-hole hubby, 2.5s, and dog while you still can.”

Hell, I deeply wish we had roadway emicons, ones that we could flash out to all the idiots…sort of like “Bat-Signals” projecting out from headlights and tail-lights…expressway expressionism via illuminating illumination…for it seems in our cut-throat world of the commuter age, sign language does not cut it anymore; blowing your horn only adds to the huge noise pollution; and obvious drastic maneuvers only add more psychotic episodes of unneeded chaos to the freeway (which is no longer free here in Cali).

So I had no choice but to creep along as one sand granule in the hourglass freeway…Temecula thru Murrietta, Sun City, Perris, Riverside, San Bernardino, the merge back on to the 15, up the Cajon pass…then broke into the clear when the 395 exits the 15 in Hesperia, then the same old--swear that I know every nook and cranny in the road sometimes—passing Adelanto, the death whoop-de-whoops, CA58 at four corners, the old fed prison, red mountain, Johannesburg, Ridgecrest, Inyokern, Pearsonsonville, Little Lake, Coso jct, Dunmovin, Olancha, Cartago, Lone Pine, Independence, Big Pine, Bishop…

Pulled into Vons in Bishop, ran into AsandyGal and Skier11053 plundering some sin supplies…strolled around the store aimlessly in flip-flops and board-shorts, looking for God knows whatever I did not know to eat. I was still road drunk from the l-o-n-g inoculating drive. Seemed like yesterday that I left home…

Then up the Sherwin Grade, Toms Place, Lake Crawley…made it to the CrabCooker around 11pm…really needed the 4wd to get back to my favorite little natural tub—the road had ice and tons of wash-out, but got there none-the-less with no hitches…but I decided to hit the hay on the futon in the back of the truck and soak in the tub in the morning…

[continued below...I actually exceeded the 10,000 character post limit (those that know me, go figure, eh?)]

peace,
    BS.
    Last edited by BodhiSnowdude; 12-15-2004 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Syntax
    "There's a truth that sanity denies...." --Sprung Monkey

Oops…got another bitch to throw out into the ether (damn I am actually in a fine mood right now, but just got some issues I need to get off my chest I guess).

I never did get that soak next day as it turned out…Shiftyrider and 2NaKiller pulled in shortly after I did and shared the spot for the night…which is fine with me, but if Shifty still has issues and holds a grudge with me, then why the hell would he pull in when I was already there? Saturday morning, he had already scored the tub before I got up, and I decided to bypass and not soak, let him have it to himself. To add karma, on Saturday night I opted not to camp there to give him all the room in the world, did not want to find myself drunk, sitting in a hot-tub with someone I care not to like much.

So why didn’t he give me the same right of way on Friday night so I could soak a bit Sat morn? Saw him on the mtn Saturday and tried to be cordial and make some idle chit-chat, I got no response from him (maybe a slight mumble-grumble), was belittled a bit as was most likely intended...I know he heard me…another friend saw my attempt and tried calming matters by saying “No, worries…you tried to be the bigger man for the sake of peace.” No consolation in that that, still empty feelings linger over why and what can be done.

Still, I am just sick of this whole thing.

All others who are around feel ill-at-ease from the horrible vibes of discomfort that hang around when the two of us cross paths on the mtn. I do not understand how someone so big in stature can be so little emotionally and childish in behavior. I understand that I have some discrepancies in my character that he cannot stand—I know I am tough to be around a times. I know I need some refinements. But, hey, likewise I never want to hang with the guy either. It’s hard to swallow and forget all the things he has done to me--like wrecking my truck after taking it out on the town all loopy with-out my permission, all his Internet facades, etc…But my god, for the sake of all our mutual friends, stop all this bull shit.

I keep trying to cut thru all the shit, and get harshly shut-out. I have really cropped out some good times and friends because of him, so that they would not have to chose sides or worry about a situation with us in the same room…this has also hurt my wife’s feeling who likes and misses those friends as well. I simply propose to be a bigger person and find the better in the other--stop the inane feud/grudge. I did over a year ago. To me it is frustrating and ludicrous to act out in such ways…hell, it is stupid for me to complain like this in type, but I just felt the need to get it out there and vent some how…

Screw it. Done. Close the door quietly and tip-toe into less insane sobering happier thoughts.

Still, No matter how I feel about Shifty, when floating over a run on a chairlift it is still always a prime thing to hear him yell out his patented “S-E-S-S-I-O-N-S!” Stoke just has to flow through the veins at that reverberating sound…it is right up there with avy control mortar being dropped, or seeing an expression on 2Na’s face that needs no verbal explanation, or Flaskman yelling “Yeah, Baby!”

Good-good times.

I feel better, probably, sort of, maybe, maybe-not, …fuck it, I am totally clueless about how I feel. But the mood of this Windbagger will definitely not dip-down the negative trail again…only primo groovy feelings from here on out in this TR.

[Jesus Christ that was a long lead of complaint into the journal this time…note to self: stop the bitching in the future and stay in the calm mellow of the here and now]

Day 11: Saturday December 11, 2004. Dufferin and Aspirin.
    Woke up early at the Crabcooker, I was going to soak, but it was occupied. So I decide to go into town and fart around for a while. I was aspirin’ to be the god of the duff…dufferin all la-de-da day-o long. So I was one of the first to park at !@*%)({4@*!…I vegged and grooved out to some fine mellow old-school reggae—Tosh, Marley, Steel Pulse. Made some sands for b-fast and lunch, and geared up.

Man, I love my little anthill in the E. Sierra!

It was a warm one this day (relative to the recent cold spell at Mammoth anyway), and it would get much warmer. Plugged the Ipod in to jam with some Too Rude, and I was on the first chair at 8:20am…made my way over to Lincoln and ch22. It was barren…no one was around. I found some plush lines in Sneak, Baby Shaft Area, and Avy1…but the best was ######. Damn, that place is always rocking. Four days after a storm and there are still freshies to be had in there. Total Grinville.

Somewhere faintly on the quiet wind just over the treetops way down below at Canyon could be heard the sound of some kook proclaiming, “I am a Demigod!”

Next, I headed over to my old reliable…the Paranoids for a couple trips. Firm, steep, and sweet. First run I opted for a line down the spine between P1 and Monument, snow seemed less marked and softer, but I did score another core shot from a lurker below the surface…[reminder—buy more p-tex maybe black this time]. Second run I dropped P3, it seemed to have the most skier thrown duff in it since it was getting the highest amount of traffic of the 4…

Next I hit Upper Dry Creek, down thru China bowl, past the stink hole and back to mid…yet another faithful run that seldom lets me down.

Next trip to the top I ran into Sheebz, Carnivore, and Bullet…followed them back into Upper Dry, I was right behind them until we got halfway thru China Bowl, and whoosh--all I could faintly make out was a blonde pony-tail flopping in a velocity swept cold smoke pulling away into infinity…then Bullet blew by me in a rush like I was standing still gaping at scenery…wow.

This day (and w/e), on a surface that was appropriately deemed by 2NaKiller as “Firm but Forgiving,” skiers ruled the roost. And they were throwing up magnificent roosts into the wind…some were breathtaking when caught into the sun along a downward ridge. Niiiice. Very Niiiice.

But we boarders will get our turn, soon. Just wait. As soon as that dumpage of 15% moist blankets the slopes, the highlands will be ours…
    <most evil “muuhaaahahah”>

How can anyone else know how much fun I am having as I am ripping down a line? No way possible. Ya Gotta get the feeling yourself.

I was enjoying the day, hard not to enjoy the day…most seriously, anytime I am on the sparkle and fade with a pulse, I will have a phat smile on my face and a blessed feeling in my heart. Bump-Beat-Smile-Bump-Beat-Smile-Bump-Smile. Life is good, eh?

Still, I had done Lincoln Mtn, the Noids twice, Wipeout3 once, Upper Dry thrice…I decided to hit Dragon’s Back…Carnivore informed me that Snowman said it was “ugly” over there, but being the stubborn son of a bitch that I am, I had to experience it for myself.

So I did the traverse over to Dave’s, then made it down as far as I could to the Back before I hit an impasse of exposed wind leached rocks. Had to hike a bit, then cautiously rode down the Back to skier’s right of the Wazoo put-in. A sizably huge slab (about 1m thick) had dropped out most of the chute. Wow, all that we left was a thin layer covering the rocks and sprucelings poking out.

The drop in was a bit hectic, it looked much softer than it was in reality…I almost made a bad decision that would have cost me a bit of “down-time”…made a turn toeside then quickly back heelside and lost my edge, took a bit of a butt check/slide down a few feet over some flat rocks, then recovered finally with a bit of knee wobblies from the experience. Look back up the slope, throw a finger, take a deep breath…whooh. Carry on my wayward Bodhi…

A few turns further down, the traverse line from ch9 below was crazy…the wind had done weird shit to the snow [see pictures], and it was mostly impossible to ride with any pace on the crap. Made it laterally down and through it, then was relieved to drop into the trees—I was hoping to get some slushy turns…however, what I got was just plain wrong. The snow was sticky and it was like trying to ride over rubber sheets on mashed potatoes. Thank God I was on a bit of a slope (25degs I’d guess) and not in a flat area when I hit the shit, or I would have been hiking out.

Got the hell outta there and headed down past ch9 and over to ch25. Off the top of 25, I opted to traverse way over and around into ######, the snow had softened and was actually better than it was earlier in the morn…oooh-la-la, dope, man.

It was noon, and time to chill a bit…so I grubbed down lunch (turkey & swiss on a bagel with hot salsa and chips) at the truck and called my voice mail…there was a message from SmokingFatBob, so I gave him a buzz. We ended up hooking up for turns for the remainder of the day. Cool match, we both have the same likes and skill levels, so riding together worked quite nicely. Plus he is top company to have around…

SFB was hiking Hemmy Ridge when I called interrupted him with my call…told me he’d not mind doing it again if I wanted to. So we headed onto the backside for some plush corn turns most of the way down, almost all the way to the boot track for the hike. It was surprisingly soft, like riding a day in April.

We did the short 5min hike up Hemlock, soaked in the calming peace and quiet at the top for a few minute…I just love it up there, quiet and serene, usually no-body else around save the snowflakes.

Hemlock is maintaining some fresh orts here and there, left over through the days. It was a bit chunky, but still, a steep tasty line was easy to score. Yet another place that is always consistent and never seems to let me down. “Always a good decision.”

Up ch14, another pass in the Noids, left and down into the top of White Bark—which was mostly bumpy and wind hacked all to hell (save that one line SFB pointed out that was mighty sick) and raced the groomers to G1…

[continued below]
    Last edited by BodhiSnowdude; 12-15-2004 at 06:18 PM.

We then ran into many MM forum members at the top…Bullet, Snowy, Snowdude, Powderhound (briefly), 2Na, Carnivore, Sheebz, Shifty…

Next run…
    SFB:“I have never done a line down Climax” amazingly came out of his mouth…
    Me:”Really? Nahhh…”

I found that extremely hard to believe, but after discussion about distaste for bumps and avoidance if at all possible of their heinous forms (shared by me), I could understand the reasons and accept the plausibility of its truth. Though he had been in Upper Dry, lower Huevos, and Signline (most consider to be part of Climax as a whole)…just not down Climax proper.

Off we went into Upper Dry Creek, navigating the traverse around pepper shards sticking their teeth out now and again…Midway down UDC, I was taking pictures and Snowman blew by…met up with him at mid and rode the Gondi with him and 2Na—who was loving the day. Didn’t need to say a word, it was literal all over his face—reserved joy and pleasure.

SFB and I did one of the last Gondis around 3:20pm and headed over to Dave’s—we both needed to get to the Canyon Area…so we charged down the right side which was most excellent, sugar on top of slab. Smooth, steep, with wind duff abound. Damn, I should have done more runs over there…

We worked our way down to ch22 and opted to hit ###### off the top…conditions had drastically changed and the surface was pure shit. Hard and all you could here was “Kchrrrggggkkkkrschkkkgrsckksgggrckrsggggrkkkskcrg g” the sound was so loud it was drowning out the tunes blaring out of my Ipod.

The day would end, finding me beat-up a bit and tired…but quite sated all-and-all.

After getting to my Xterra, SFB and I drove around scoping logistics for a BC hike in the Sherwins the next day, but darkness came in and we decided to make the ultimate decisions in the morning light.

Dropped him off at his condo…so, my next major omnipotent goal was to find a shower, I did not want to drive back up to the main lodge, so I stopped by Daish’s condo to beg for usage of some running water…

Daish presented me with the kind offer to stay in the condo with him and two of his friends. At first, I turned it down, but then decided I would not mind having the company around to socialize and enjoy some convos with a couple choice spirits here and there. I met Mike and Keith…a couple of top dudes from SoCal who were taking in all the glory Mammoth had to offer them, which can be overwhelming if you are not familiar with the mtn. But they were in great hands with Daish who is a kind soul with oodles and oodles of kind karma floating about his presence.

By 11:30pm the conversation had run its course and we were all Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz’d.

Day 12: Sunday December 12, 2004. Twelve on twelve…should be a penalty somewhere, eh?
    Cooked some b-fast for the guys…some potatoes-a-la-Oklahoma (the way granny makes them), and some French toast that paid homage to my Canadian friend Nirvana-boy. Even had to have Mike go out the night before and get some real maple syrup—can’t use the corn-sugar watery imitation type syrup on Nirvy’s FT recipe. It would not do him or the tasty dish justice, in fact, if he heard I let someone use fakies on his toast, he’d go postal on us backwards-assed Americans down here in the states…

Bid farewell and thanks to the kind Daish with a mondo full belly. Time to get outta dodge and hit the slopes. I was 50/50 on the idea of turns in the BC, depending on the cut condition and the visual observations.

Outside it was about ten degrees cooler Sun vs. Sat, but still was going to be a warm day again. Total blue skies…
    <smile with a sigh>

Met up with SFB who was pretty laid back on this morning…he was scoping lines in the Sherwins from his vantage point off the side of Old Mammoth road by the golf course. He had heard the E. Sierra avalanche report, “Moderate to high danger.” He pointed out a few slides above Mammoth Rock left and right. More slabs had let loose in the trees lower as well. I noticed one in the Finger Chute most skier’s left. Looked pretty unstable up there. Rock Chute looked gnarly but holding its snow with a narrow line, but not one that I could handle with any resemblance of confidence…I am sure that the snow would have given way in there as well.

It was death on a plate. We were not going to be doing any back-co today. Nope. Nada. No way. Sorry, bro. Later in the day the idea “Hole-in-the-Wall” came about, since SFB had never had the privilege of experiencing its novelty yet…but the idea was ditched on the rumor (from Shane via Carnivore) that the hike out around the lake was in heinous waist deep muck/slush. Over all, we wisely opted to stick to the inbounds comforts of MM--not a bad bridesmaid of an option, eh?

We went separate ways in the morn and set up a meeting for 12noon at 3369m (11053ft).
    Waiting for SFB at the top, guess whole strolls by? Bomber, long time no see, eh?

The three of us would end up doing runs the rest of the day together…turned into a fun trio to shred the white…

We returned to the old favs…and did many a run here and there.

Then back on top we came across Carnivore, Sheebz, Snowman, 2Na, SnowNymph, the other Snowdude, Skier11053, and Asandygal again…always nice to see and converse a bit with others. I do regret that on this w/e past—I never got the op to ride with Skier11053 and ASG…I really do enjoy time on the slopes making turns with them and usually have it at the top of my list of things to see and do while on Mammoth. But for some unbenounced reason, we were just passing shapes on the carpet of white—I dunno, maybe they seemed pre-occupado with something I guess.

So then, off in search of…

At the top, the decision was to hike as far as we could into Huevos. So Bomber, SFB and I dropped into Dave’s bowl and stayed high left until the snow ended. De-boarded and bi-peded a bit, hit more snow and put the gear back on and rode, then more rocks and had to take off the board again, scrambled over more protruding rock, then boarded up again. Bomber, being on skies, was able to get all the way into the mid-part of Huevos (just below the drop of the upper part), SFB got a choice line down the far right side…me, I pussied out and struck down into Chicken Huevos, hit a hard left at the big rock, then traversed as high into lower Huevos as I could.

What we found was the best snow of the day, no bumps-flat, firm, steep and sweeeet. Scored a bit of tasty adventure…got the heart-rate up a bit with a base of uncertainty within the unknown…and laid down some pretty decent lines. Whoosh, and all too quickly we were all smiles and traversing over to the top of China Bowl…and back up G2

More totally awesome corn on the backside, down to 14 up and over into the ‘Noids…

Me:
    ”Do I look like a gorgeous blonde with big tits and an ass that tastes like French vanilla ice cream?
    Noids2:
    “No.”
    Me:
    “So why you wanna fuck me?”

Maybe it is all the times that I have talked about Noids2 as being one of my fav places on this planet, then describe the experience using overly abundant (bordering on TMI) phallic and discharge references…maybe I pissed Ullr off?

Some of you will undoubtedly find this most amusing and laugh your asses off when I am done…

I was taking pictures down the skier’s left line, and SFB came over and stopped down below me to my right. We were discussing something and he said all of a sudden, “D, Look ou…”

Smack-Phwack. Yellow pain filled my eyes like I was smacked in the balls, I doubled over in anguish slamming my helmet and head into the hardpack…shit, I *was* smacked in the balls.
    Rodney Dangerfield’s quote “Oh, I should have yelled Two (after yelling fore)” from Caddyshack comes to mind here.

I could not believe it when realization set in and the first shot of pain subsided a bit…Paranoid2 just kicked me in the nuts. Right square and ground zero on the royal scepter and family jewels. OUCH. Fuck me, Jesus Christo mio.

“Fuck” was all I could call out in pain as I was still doubled over in agony, my stomach was starting to well up with sickness…I think SFB was trying to do all he could from laughing, but at the same time understanding in empathy the excruciating pain with which I was endowed, as any other male with a pair would.

He said the hardpacked snow bomb that crushed my twig and berries was the size of a soccer ball, but I never saw it coming. I remember seeing the skier (who must have let it go) way at the top putting in, but I never espied the thing gravitating to a bulls-eye in my loins.

What are the fucking odds, eh? Only me. Only could it happen to Bodhi. Sometime I think, only me.

It was tough to ride the rest of the day. I just pussy-footed over every bump and took it *real* easy the remainder of the day.

Last run we opted for Upper Dry Creek for me and Lower Huevos for Bomber and SFB, I cheesed the whole run, put nothing into it. The janglies were too damn sore and sensitive to harsh maneuvers…at the bottom, waved bye to Bomber (dude, email me about meeting in Tahoe over break) for the w/e, then down into Dry Creek, over lower Face of Five where we bumped into Snowman again…bid him a pleasant adieu…split from SFB for the w/e…and I basically limped-like rode gingerly back to my truck making few turns, if any.

Waaaaahhhhhh. But, man, come on. You take a crumpling shot like that to the ‘nads, and talk to me about not whining. Impossible, bros.

Those of you that found my misfortune in P2 hilarious…fuck you.

[continued below]
    Last edited by BodhiSnowdude; 12-15-2004 at 06:19 PM.

Things were still mondo sore Monday, it hurt to fidget the dammed things even with a moderate adjustment skier’s left or right for that matter. Still a bit soft-sore today like a bruised banana, but I will live (and I am hoping for some action with Blondie tonight, maybe a sympathetic massage to make ‘em feel better, eh?)

Still, it was just plain wrong of Ullr to stroke me hard like that, but many of you will declare it to be righteous poetic payback, eh? Correct, OopsieDaisy?

For these reasons of not offending Ullr at this place and time, I have omitted most of my usual stiffie and woody references…besides that, I am hurting…

Anyway, all the same…my riding day was over. Done. Close the proverbial book on us. Day 12 complete…bank it, baby.

The drive home was another long one, but traffic free (ended up doing it in almost exactly five hours). I was thinking of sending some fresh jerky (Mahogany Meats) to Nirvana-Boy when I pulled into Bishop, so oddly enough I found myself stopped at Taco Bell for a bite, a place Canadians like him starve for since nothing of its kind is in Quebec…In his care package I am going to send some packets of Taco Bell hot sauce as a mean teaser.
    <smile full of evil playfulness>

Again weird, bumped into ASG and Skier11053. Never really rode with them all w/e, but met them by chance twice in Bishop…very weird. Hopefully for their sake and sanity, they are not beginning to think like the Bodhi-dork.

Made it home right at the tone of nine bells, had some cookies and milk, and off I was into REM-land soon after--with Dude on one side of me, Blondie on the other, and one of my kitty-cats nestled between my legs…I was sporting a smile of contentment and a happy heart…life is good.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

<in a deep Sam Elliot voice>
    “Well, that about wraps her up, puts this one beddy-bye…pretty entertaining story I might add, with a lesson to be learned, though I did not like the fact that the Dude got “ransacked” in the jewels, but I know for certain that he will be back to ride again someday real soon, ya betcha…”

I now leave you with another top ten from somewhere deep in my goofy-ass cranium…

Top ten reasons why Christmas at the Mall is better than Mammoth.
    10. The food court is cheaper for lunch than Mid-Chalet
    9. You no longer have a pair of testicles--your girlie owns one of them (uses it better than you anyway).
    8. Riding the escalators without using the handrail is tops in your book, woo-hoo!
    7. It’s great to wait til midnight so the lot is empty & you can car slalom in and out of the light poles.
    6. The thrill of scoring a sale is sooooooo much kinder than scoring a hidden powder stash.
    5. Mammoth just doesn’t have anywhere to buy your poodle a new pink embroidered sweater.
    4. You are afraid some kook will find out your secret-special parking spot at the mall.
    3. Lines in the store are much more challenging than lines down Climax.
    2. Gapers at the mall have more money and cleaner SUVs.
    1. Your girlie finally managed to confiscate your last testicle and hung it on the tree.

So as the sun sets slowly in the west, I bid you a fond farewell.

peace,
    BS.

Mammoth Pictures Dec 11-12, 2004

reader's digest version please.
    fine

"You Must Sign In to View This Album"

Boooooooo!
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Cliff Notes? That was almost as long as the drive from Lone Pine to Mammy!!
    But Thanks for the TR god I miss Mammy! Got hit it this spring!

You don't write User's Guides for Microsoft do you?

Paid by the Word.
    ADD and damn proud of it.

yea dude...

keep this diarrhea on the Mammoth Forums.... :

traffic part is pretty funny though....

<edit - funny part>
    Last edited by Barnballs; 12-16-2004 at 08:59 AM.
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

I see long chunks of text and don't read. These windbags are better off at the Mammoth forums (ditto'd).

can you attach some photos?
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by yogachick
    I see long chunks of text and don't read. These windbags are better off at the Mammoth forums (ditto'd).
    Then don't read it...I do not write these blogs for you Yogachick.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnballs
    Diarrhea...
    Yeah, it is allot of flowing shit, eh?

Tuffy109--I am working on a place I can put my pictures online so that I can insert them...soon. Sorry about the current imagestation log-in requirements...

peace,
    BS.

Quote Originally Posted by yogachik
    These windbags are better off at the Mammoth forums (ditto'd).
    I am outta there permanently (MM forum)...I am sick of all the shit and posting problems/requirements/censorship...plus the mood is soooo different now from what it used to be. No longer any fun...

They just ripped out one of my threads, so I just said my goodbyes on MM, so looks like you will have to put up with me here...

peace,
    BS.

plus the mood is soooo different now from what it used to be

ever since your buddy cut the Ch2 line...it's never been the same. So sad. Although it did make for interesting posts...

Yeah, I think it was that kook who got my thread ripped...he and I were having another online argument. I am just sick of him, and he is most of the reason why I am outta there.

The mood also changed with all the posts over and over HWM and SL...they are nice people, but sheez! on the posts...

I will cut the windage down to a more read-able tr size here...the things are really a pain in the ass to write so long anyway.

So, no more Tardis either, eh? Too bad--I loved the Dr. Who reference.

peace,
    BS.

Tardis either, eh?
    HA! Id's go quick!

Once in awhile I'll post...just tired of having to pick through the shit to get the goods.....

Going up tonight for some Friday turns....need wind...

Going up tonight for some Friday turns....need wind...
    Yeah, you got that right. We need something to re-cover things up again.

Have fun, and take a quiver of rock skis with ya. I am headed up next Tuesday thru Friday for some midweek sessions...hoping some system comes in before that, but not looking too good.

See ya on the hill or in the pub.

peace,
    BS.

Quote Originally Posted by BodhiSnowdude
    yeah, but we ALL have ADD. keep that in mind.
    fine

yeah, but we ALL have ADD. keep that in mind.
    Understood. Hell, I never truly read thru the damned things start to finish, and I *write* the shit...for me you have to modify it to ADHD...

Future TRs *will* be shorter, and I will get more pictures inserted to break things up in the future, no worries. Remember, on this site I'm JONG, eh?

peace,
    BS.

Apparently I'm nuts, but I really like long semi-incoherent trip reports. The thing I always find funny is that you go to Mammoth every weekend, and have similar experiences every weekend, yet the TRs are always different.

Keep posting 'em.

I'll be up there for the traditional family ski trip from Tuesday the 22nd through Monday the 27th. I don't remember ever riding with you (I may have met you in passing). We can talk about snow chains and hotel occupancy rates while riding Chair 11.

Keep an eye out for us. I'll be on B2s wearing a light blue jacket with a Giro 9 helmet with visor. My little brother will be on Stockli Stormrider XLs:

http://www.stockli.com/_iu_write/D-F...iderXL.jpg.jpg

edit - Just for the sake of tradition:

Go back to Mountain High you knuckle dragging JONG!
    Last edited by AntiSoCalSkier; 12-16-2004 at 12:54 PM.

We can talk about snow chains and hotel occupancy rates while riding Chair 11.
    LMFAO! Yeah, one of the reasons I jumped off the sinking ship...

I think we tried to hook up some time ago (maybe two seasons back?) but for some reason, we always cross paths and never meet...probably on purpose on your end?

Jong status can be cool, eh?

peace,
    BS.

I won't, D. If you shorten them so that they fit into one post (and not 3 or 4), I probably would. Unless, of course, something of great magnitude occured while on the trip (avi, injury, a great first trick). Otherwise, they're the same old same old.

Quote Originally Posted by yogachik
    I won't, D. If you shorten them so that they fit into one post (and not 3 or 4), I probably would. Unless, of course, something of great magnitude occured while on the trip (avi, injury, a great first trick). Otherwise, they're the same old same old.
    Points have been well taken, I agree that 10,000 characters is a ton (my last tr had 35,000 in it!)...and I am still trying to get a good place to host my photos online, once I have it, I will be inserting pictures as well--that one cool thing permitted here that attracted me to this forum, and I feel it should be taken advantage of in TRs...

peace,
    BS.

...and I am still trying to get a good place to host my photos online, once I have it, I will be inserting pictures as well...
    BS, just upload them to the User Galleries on this web site or to Biglines.com and then link to the photos from your posts.

And a picture really is worth a thousand words around here. We keep it short and sweet. A common complaint among forum users is the 10-character minimum for a post.

Points have been well taken, I agree that 10,000 characters is a ton (my last tr had 35,000 in it!)...
    It's just that we're not your therapy session. There's some major issues in your TRs that have absolutely nothing to do with stoke.