Stowe conditions PRIME

Well considering the time of year. Stowe just went from 2 trails to 20 something. Liftline, National, Nosedive, Hayride all open and well covered.

Today was incredible, blue bird, sunny, everything was white from the recent snowfall. It looked like the pictures you see in the promotional brochures. Snow was soft and grippy, not much ice.

I recommend getting out before the weekend crowd destroys everything. Trees aren't quite doable yet, too many whippets and brush. Need about another foot or so.

More snow coming towards the beginning of next week...
    "Stoke your own fire or burn out like the rest"

Quote Originally Posted by snowrider

I recommend getting out before the weekend crowd destroys everything.

http://www.planet-familyguy.com/char...cs/mort_tn.jpg

that weekend crowd. so destructive. oh my.

I'll be at smuggs this weekend with skijunky, and its never crowded at smuggs so i won't be worried about crowds

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime06
    I'll be at smuggs this weekend with skijunky, and its never crowded at smuggs so i won't be worried about crowds
    Hey finally some love for smuggs. I'l be up both days. Let me know and I can give a bit of a tour if you want. The opened most stuff on Madonna this a.m. It was sweet.....
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman
    Hey finally some love for smuggs. I'l be up both days. Let me know and I can give a bit of a tour if you want. The opened most stuff on Madonna this a.m. It was sweet.....
    It was better before they opened it...no ropes and best of all no tracks. Made three laps yesterday, Docs was fresh and deep, FIS had a track or two but it didn't matter too much. Skier's right Freefall was sick. Now we need some more snow so we can get shit going for real.

I have come to the conclusion that I'm not going to make it up there until early Jan. I'm swamped with work. Thia will be the 1st December that I have missed in a long while

Quote Originally Posted by sequoiashan
    It was better before they opened it...no ropes and best of all no tracks. Made three laps yesterday, Docs was fresh and deep, FIS had a track or two but it didn't matter too much. Skier's right Freefall was sick. Now we need some more snow so we can get shit going for real.
    Yup. FIS and liftline were good though, deep....did not get to freefall...work
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

mildbill- wasn't referring to you. Referring to all the people you'll be maching past. Don't know if I'll be there sat, but possibly sunday, and it may be an exploring day. Gray helmet, blue arcteryx jacket, tan pants, blue goggles and either on inspireds or PR's.
    "Stoke your own fire or burn out like the rest"

Quote Originally Posted by snowrider
    mildbill- wasn't referring to you.
    oh thank god, i was super super offended! oh my!

i'll be on super nobii with bright red nordica hotrods, with a lady friend on prs, basom on seth pistols, and perhaps gonzo??? on ???. did we meet in tucks once many years ago? or just see each others' lines? damn short term memory is so shot the long term is going too.

i'll be exploring too, but i'm new there so mostly that will be figuring out things like: what lifts go where? where does trail X go? and dude, where's my car?