Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15
    ... said in other words, this is the wonderful opportunity solly was waiting for to improve their image after the quest story....

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Blaster View Post
    This article indicates that the weight is going to be 1480g per binding (2960g/per); while the Duke is listed at 2630 gr (w/ 110 brake).

It was my understanding that this binding was supposed to be lighter as well. I am a bit disappointed by this. Can anybody clarify this information or point me in another direction which indicates it is lighter?

http://www.freeskier.com/stories/guarding-sidecountry
    In the prototype phase the binding was in fact lighter but per the testers requests, we chose to beef up two things. 1. The metal on metal pivot point and 2. Adding the PU piece to the riser bar. Those two things pushed it over the prototype weight to the final weight.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    So Now I will just need to convince salomon to let me order 4 extra toe and heel attachments...
    They will have to in their spare parts catalog.. Good news in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    soo the guardian/tracker will be like the freeride NTN?
    one will buy toe and heel plates and will swap the binding from one ski to another?
    brilliant! thanks solly/atomic for lettin' us save a lot of $$$!
    this video is pretty explicit ;-)

thanks to ercole for the scoop
    Sweet video, awesome track put a smile on my face immediately. Looks pretty damn good to me, the ability to swap between skis is great. Salomon must have noticed the proliferation of inserts and swap plates and decided they could facilitate swapping and make a buck or people were going to do it with inserts and Solly lose out. Either way good to see. I'm in the market next season for a burly touring binding, should be a good year for it what with tyrolia, salomon, marker, and mfd all having options.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by sqikunst View Post
    They will have to in their spare parts catalog.. Good news in my book.
    Have you tried ordering spare look/rossi turntable parts since they were re-released? Used to be a quick phone call got you any part you needed, now it is next to impossible without a warranty part.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Have you tried ordering spare look/rossi turntable parts since they were re-released? Used to be a quick phone call got you any part you needed, now it is next to impossible without a warranty part.
    They shipped me 4 half moons free and easy. Haven't needed any other parts though.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Breaks are a straight no go, as is the actual turn table assembly.

Skied this last week on some of next years Rocker 2 115s and they were awesome. Didn't get to tour with them so only commenting about their downhill ability. Not much more to say than they skied just like my STH 16s which is great. They felt a bit heavier than I was expecting but for slackcountry and short tours its all you need. I would buy these over a Duke in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    In the prototype phase the binding was in fact lighter but per the testers requests, we chose to beef up two things. 1. The metal on metal pivot point and 2. Adding the PU piece to the riser bar. Those two things pushed it over the prototype weight to the final weight.
    And for my perspective these 2 improvements were 100% dead on the money...so good call.

So the guardians appear to only have a rear sliding plate, with no sliding plate in the front? That's really been a huge design point for the Dukes over even the MFDs, the fact that torsional loads are not transferred through the pivots since there are front and rear plates. I don't understand why people would choose to over engineer pivots when there is a more elegant solution of using a front locking plate...

Cant wait for all these to hit the market next year! We'll see how the hype plays out

Sooo, wait a second! Guardians dont have a moving afd, thus making it incompatible with vibram soled boots!!!???

WTF?

I been looking at the pics and been thinking that the aft must be a moving one...

Like,wtf?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Sooo, wait a second! Guardians dont have a moving afd, thus making it incompatible with vibram soled boots!!!???

WTF?

I been looking at the pics and been thinking that the aft must be a moving one...

Like,wtf?
    I think they do have a sliding front AFD. What I was referring to is how the binding plate/rails only appears to lock into the plate on the ski at the back. The Duke has interlocking plates at the front and rear.

a moving AFD is just one more thing to break. The whole point of an 16 din binding is that you don't come out. As discussed previously, the binding is not "compatible" with rockered-vibram soles. Do I give a shit? No. Will I still use it with my vibram soles? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by trees4me View Post
    I think they do have a sliding front AFD.
    Sure looks like a sliding AFD. At any rate, the hard plastic "buttons" on the Dynafit Vulcan (patented by Dalbello/Plake for the Sherpa boots?) may make it academic for some of us full-time AT boot users next year, I'm thinking of just going with STH 16's on my "lift-served" skis next year.