Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Live the life you love. Thoughts are with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Making a Pizza View Post
    Marius, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you've probably never had someone close to you in the hospital with a severe problem like this. If a person is in the hospital & stable, you can't just turn life off, you can't crawl into a hospital room & hide there until they're better, and they don't want you to do that for them, they want you to go out there and keep going, then come back and tell them all about it. By all accounts he was doing ok, so his friends did what they thought was appropriate for the situation
    i wouldn't take everything as usual and go back where my friend hurt hisself and try to push the limits again and again.

i have been in this situation, but i was the guy in the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    me personally, i wouldnt want to ride a comp when there is one (or maybe more) person(s) severly injured i know. and i wouldnt ride pow when my good friends is in hospital and in danger of loosing his life.
    (i wrote: i dont now anybody of the us-comp-scene in persona, and everybody can do whatever the person thinks is right)

as far as the euro-riders told me, i know, there was no single official comment from the FWT (both FWT's) before his death went to public. the show must go on...

THIS totally sucks!

As far as I and everyone else knew that Monday morning/afternoon he had became stable and everyone was very happy to hear that. Not completely out of the woods but stable and they would be waking him up soon... I for one had no doubt in my mind that I would be seeing him soon awake and cracking jokes, someone like that you just can't imagine not....

things like you posted are generally the types of thoughts people should keep inside their heads.

Ryan you will be missed buddy! The most stoked person I have ever met, truly stoked on every single piece of life. There was a nice gathering on Donner Summit yesterday afternoon, with some beers and great stories... Horrible to have had to meet his family under these circumstances but I have to say they are truly amazing people.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow"

Moment skis

Quote Originally Posted by kush1 View Post

Ryan you will be missed buddy! The most stoked person I have ever met, truly stoked on every single piece of life. There was a nice gathering on Donner Summit yesterday afternoon, with some beers and great stories... Horrible to have had to meet his family under these circumstances but I have to say they are truly amazing people.
    After spending any more than 5 minutes with Peter and Jackie, you know why Ry was the way he was. That whole family propagates good vibes.
    I wish I could have made it down to Reno to see my friend off, and wish I could have made it to Donner to fly the Green Mountain Boys kite.
    Hoping a plane back to Burlington to spend time with family and friends. Hope to see people there.

Do something Ryan would do today!

Sorry to hear of such a loss. Sounds like very good folks. Cheers and God speed Ryan.
    watch out for snakes

I am so sorry to hear this news i saw the incident on sun. at the wood. My condolences to his family, as a father of 2 boys it would be crushing to lose them.

I met Ryan randomly up at Tucks the spring before my freshman year at UVM. He was hanging out watching his friends ski due to an injured knee and we somehow got talking while I was hanging out at the bottom of the bowl between runs. The next fall he not only remembered me (just some freshman in the weight room) but made a sincere effort to make me feel at home up here in VT, inviting me to play football and the like- what an excellent guy. It does not surprise me a bit that he has made such a positive impact on the lives of so many others. My condolences to his family and all those who also knew him.

Didn't know Ryan, but this is simply heartbreaking.

++++++++vibes+++++ to everyone who had the pleasure of knowing him.
    northern lights and southern comfort...

Bump it up.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I'm at a loss for words. I had the privilege to go biking with Ryan last summer. He was happy, brilliant, driven, extraordinarily gifted, so kind, and unbelievably humble. Ryan was the most solid human being that I knew. He will be sorely missed.

The world will be a better place if all of us strive to be a bit more like Ryan.
    "Life's not a bitch. Life's a beautiful woman. You only call her a bitch 'cause she won't let you get that pussy." - Aesop

when and where does it become ok to discuss why and how this happened. i have some ideas, which may be an indictment of something we all love, but i feel needs to be addressed to help avoid this kind of tragedy in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    when and where does it become ok to discuss why and how this happened. i have some ideas, which may be an indictment of something we all love, but i feel needs to be addressed to help avoid this kind of tragedy in the future.
    this toughts were my impulsion to write in this thread. i didnt see any positive movement after the accident and before his death. i think there are some things going in a possibly wrong direction.

rip bro..............

I think keeping this as a ++vibes++ thread is a good idea, if you want to start another thread, to do what you want with, it's your call (I personally wouldn't right now, but that's just me)...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Maybe the FWT Thread would be OK place to have this discussion. I know I got a little hot when people started arguing points in there but that was right as the news about Ryan was trickling in. Seems like the most appropriate place to open the discussion again. Although, I do believe there has been at least one similar thread started in recent years, maybe after Nicoletta's death.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

There's also Risk taking in Freeskiing Comps? Started by Hutash after Neal Valiton's Death in France. Seems like the most relevant thread.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

To those going to VT this weekend. my thoughts and prayers. I know tomorrow will be a ski day for Ryan for me for sure.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

heartbreaking. so young. his poor parents. unimaginable.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...reeskier-Hawks

Yeah, I'm proud to have been his friend
    Thank-you for the continued support And vibes

One love
    Live

Great edit...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Great edit...

which one is Ryan?

this one too:

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

RIP.You are a huge inspiration.

skied deep pow and jumped off stuff while listening to Gregory Isaacs today for him

Quote Originally Posted by SKIORFORGETIT View Post
    which one is Ryan?
    bump. green jacket