Str8line photos and commentary from feb

Another awsome camp;thanks to the coaches.Great to see all the new, and familiar faces.Our smiles on sunday said it all.I'll look foward to shreddin' with y'all ,in the future!
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Nice shots . Especially that one of Gordy. Thanks for posting them up. I'm hoping more people have some shots too.

Good skiing with you and everyone else. keep on headbangin!
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Good photos. I like the one with everyone at the top before that last run on Sunday. Great skiing with everyone this week.

the 3rd pic is ben,you can see the purple jacket ,if you zoom it.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Nice pics. I am bummed that I am not going to be able to go this year. Keep your hands in front!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Good skiing with everyone. That last lap was quite the mob scene with everyone heading to the same ridge. Sun was the only real pic taking day since it was dumping all day Fri and Sat Worth doing again for sure.

jeeze that looks like fun

Was way fun. Stupid epic conditions, for sure.
    Glad I could once again provide quality entertainment at the video debriefs!
    Great to see and ski with peeps I haven't seen in a while, and was awesome to make some new friends too.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."

where's the chest cam vid?

I'm looking foward to chads', huge POW shots on vid...........also at http://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com I have more pics and ski paintings.

str8line v. H20

Has anyone done both? Can anyone compare and contrast. Plannig for the future and maybe just dreaming, but would like an insiders perspective from someone who has attended both if that person exists.

Also, for some of you who are skiers that attend, did you feel inhibited by the lesser mortals in the group? Not trying to bash, just laying out that the coaching is something I find attractive, but the lines in the pics are stuff I ski with my 8 year old. If I were doing this, I would want to be stepping up my game in both technique and terraine. I know one begets the other.

I like Dean and he taught me alot 20+ years ago, and I am sure he has learned alot since then. The line up for the st8line crew is amazing and I'm sure they also could give me a ton of knowledge.

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Has anyone done both? Can anyone compare and contrast. Plannig for the future and maybe just dreaming, but would like an insiders perspective from someone who has attended both if that person exists.

Also, for some of you who are skiers that attend, did you feel inhibited by the lesser mortals in the group? Not trying to bash, just laying out that the coaching is something I find attractive, but the lines in the pics are stuff I ski with my 8 year old. If I were doing this, I would want to be stepping up my game in both technique and terraine. I know one begets the other.

I like Dean and he taught me alot 20+ years ago, and I am sure he has learned alot since then. The line up for the st8line crew is amazing and I'm sure they also could give me a ton of knowledge.

I have been to several gordycamps. The camp is split into three groups depending on ability and the coaches rotate among the groups, so you get the benefit of different input. The terrain around Snowbird and Alta is such that there are different options on a lot of runs terrain wise and the coaches have enough local knowledge that if you want to step it up, they can show you around.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Thanks!! Anyone done both?

Gordy's camps certainly line up at a time when there is always more consistant snow.

I have not done both, but can assure you Gordy camp will challenge you and improve your skiing. If you want to huck forty footers, the couches will find you forty footers. They will make use of all the terrain Alta and Snowbird have to offer, and if so many world class skiers find the two resorts worth skiing regularly, I think you will find the terrain you want.

I will say the camp is less about flailing down hard lines and more about proper technique which is easier to practice and develop on less radical terrain. Camp is more about learning to ski properly then it is skiing steep lines, but yes, there is plenty of opportunity to ski some really fun stuff.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Yup. Have done both. Also have done the X-Team with Egan and Deslauris.

Your eight year old must be a pretty rad skier! I know some of those pics are from Comma Chute at Snowbird (according to Jamie Pierre, one of the steepest lines at the Bird). If you and your eight year old are ripping lines like that, you probably should be holding your own clinics, not attending them!

YMMV with whichever program you choose. You get what you put into it. Generally, Deans program is more terrain analysis and Gordy's program is more skills improvement.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."

Thanks again guys

I appreciate your insight and apologize for my arrogance. As stated, The guys at either camp could teach me alot. I am blessed to get to ski there alot. Hopefully next year I can pull it together. Tires and transmission just made it a non possibility for this year.

Had a great time this trip, guys! Snow was epic. For any that were on this trip that did not get my email with the link for the videos, PM me and I'll provide.