Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The thread is discussing the legend pro rider 105. There is no non pro 105.

Any insight on how these would compare to the Belafonte? Seems like they have a bit more early rise/rocker than the Moments. Similar stiffness?

BUMPAH!!!

Any more peeps have skied the new LPs? Care to share your impressions.
    Pulling the trigger on them in the coming weeks, going to replace my elan1010s.

Oh, this aurelien ducroz is prolly the same ski just with a different topsheet?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

^yup, the Aurelien Ducroz Pro Model is the Legend Pro 105 with the funky AD graphic. I had heard it won't be (widely?) available in the States, FWIW.

Pretty good review here with pics and video: http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/...-pro-rider-105
    Turns out the reviewer is even more sold on the new Blizzard Bonafide in a different review.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderracer393 View Post
    ^yup, the Aurelien Ducroz Pro Model is the Legend Pro 105 with the funky AD graphic. I had heard it won't be (widely?) available in the States, FWIW.
    Heard the same,luckily I am on the old continent! Found a pair of 184s for a decent price from italy and will prolly try to order them..

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Pretty good review here with pics and video: http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/...-pro-rider-105
    Turns out the reviewer is even more sold on the new Blizzard Bonafide in a different review.
    Yeah,read the Alexz review and others opinons. Bonafide sounds promising but I am looking for a bit more wider platform.
    The LP105 & Kästles FX104 are the main contestants here : 105ish,stiff,cambered ski with classic shape in the 184-188cm length.
    Too bad I have not found any good reviews about the FX104s.
    Anyone skied the FX104s and have some good info on them? Let alone skied both LPs & FXs? The only gripe is the price of FXs...850€ is the cheapest that I have found them...double what the LPs cost...

Elan1010s were really good but I realized that I dont "need" jack-of-all-trades. Ended up traveling with 2 pairs last season , cholesterones (126mm) & elans. Cholesterones came out when there
    was any amount of soft and elans when there was none. So practically ended up skiing all kind of hard(ish) shit with them...to wich they were a tad too wide and hooky.

Edit :AAargh! Totally forgot to make an extra question about the Stöckli Stormrider Pro that could fit the bill! 190cm,136-105-123mm. Even less info about those. Anyone?
    Last edited by Meathelmet; 08-06-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Yeah,read the Alexz review and others opinions. Bonafide sounds promising but I am looking for a bit more wider platform.
    Don't know if you have any love for Praxis skis, (I do) anyways, last season the came out with the Freeride http://www.praxisskis.com/shop/buy-s...&category_id=3 I didn't buy them then as I had some Back Country's which I have since sold. In the 184 the are 135/107/125 with a 24M turn radius. Sounds pretty good to me, the graphics are nice and they are on sale now. I am having a hard time deciding between it and the Armada TST as they are night and day different from one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Thanks liv2ski. It is just that I have grown to realize that I love skis with metal.... Cant help it,love the "zing" and bite that it brings. The other drawback with US made skis is the poor exchange rate and tax+toll we have to pay: pair of praxis would end up costing double what the LPs cost..
    Heard a lot of good about the praxis though, a lot of buddies skiing with them and they are thoroughly impressed.

Too bad I have not found any good reviews about the FX104s.
    Anyone skied the FX104s and have some good info on them? Let alone skied both LPs & FXs? The only gripe is the price of FXs...850€ is the cheapest that I have found them...double what the LPs cost...
    The FX104 got great reviews in french "SKI". Not for cruising, but everything else. I believe it was tested as a freerando ski.... (i.e. different category than the lp105.

Quote Originally Posted by hilmersen View Post
    The FX104 got great reviews in french "SKI". Not for cruising, but everything else. I believe it was tested as a freerando ski.... (i.e. different category than the lp105.
    Hmm, I thought fx104 had 2 sheets of metal in it, thus making it a tad heavy for the freerando category?? Happen to have any info how the fx104 & lp105 compared?

Thanks liv2ski. It is just that I have grown to realize that I love skis with metal.... Cant help it,love the "zing" and bite that it brings.
    i've learned this is one of the biggest determinants in how i experience a ski as well. dimensions, performance envelope, weight... all important, but i just love that cadillac ride that you can only get with metal

Hmm, I thought fx104 had 2 sheets of metal in it, thus making it a tad heavy for the freerando category?? Happen to have any info how the fx104 & lp105 compared?
    Yes, at 4400g a pair in 184 I think it's to heavy for anything more then the occasional sidecountry lap. Should be a sweet ski though from what I've read about Kästle in general...

So, anyone how can share a review on the LP105 that I might have missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Moralkaka View Post
    So, anyone how can share a review on the LP105 that I might have missed?
    I just ordered a pair - I'll have another review for ya in a couple weeks.

Just picked up my 192s, here's some initial thoughts. Got the Ducroz pro model cause they were out of the normal 105s. Wow - they're brighter than I thought... Hand flex slightly softer than 187 XXLs - expected that. I feel like it's mostly softer in the first ~40cm of the tip and the last ~20cms of the tail, remains pretty substantial underfoot.

Tails - very similar to the 187 xxls... the taper is slightly longer and rounder than my 187s. Stoked they're still using that firm rubber tail piece in their layup - bodes well for tram line abuse.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0565[1].jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	104490
    Tips - This is what I'm most excited about - nice long early rise, nothing dramatic. The skis are lined up even at the tails, you can see the true length difference in this shot.

Name:	IMG_0567[1].jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	985.1 KB 
ID:	104489
    Underfoot - 4mm narrower while the tip and tail are identical dimension-wise. Umm, can anyone tell me where the mounting line is on these? All I see marked is the "T.192" and the drillbit guidelines on the other side. Gonna need to research this, I'm no dynastar tech. Wood sidewalls look nice, but my gut is saying it's a knock against their long-term durability vs their normal sidewalls. That being said, construction looks bomber per usual dynastar.

Name:	IMG_0569[1].jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	899.5 KB 
ID:	104486
    Plenty of Camber!

Name:	IMG_0571[1].jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	748.2 KB 
ID:	104488
    Bases squeezed together show the flexed rocker profile - again, pretty subtle. Looks fun.

Name:	IMG_0575[1].jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	782.9 KB 
ID:	104487

All in all, really excited to get on these. They'll be the skinniest ski I've been on in 4 years, but I suspect they'll still be a step up in pow performance vs the XXLs. If they achieve that, I foresee cutting out the "tweener" pow ski and moving to a 2 ski resort quiver: 105s and Protest. I'll be sure to post a real review after a few days on snow.

The mounting line should be a little raised line at one of the edges. It looks like in the pictures it might be right where that 4,1 is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertier View Post
    Just picked up my 192s, here's some initial thoughts. Got the Ducroz pro model cause they were out of the normal 105s. Wow - they're brighter than I thought... Hand flex slightly softer than 187 XXLs - expected that. I'll be sure to post a real review after a few days on snow.
    Yo, Bertier! Any days on skis? Did you mount on the line?

Just ordered mine...Stoked.

Just ordered mine...Stoked.
    Congratz dude! Dukes for them?

Thats some serious rainbow euro steeze! I like em'.

When made properly wood sidewalls are super durable. Just make sure you bring the skis indoors to dry at night and the wood will season and become hard and waterproof. Probably tougher than ABS. Look at all the rocks those FWT guys hit, if A.D. was blowing out sidewalls all over the place they would switch back to ABS.

Love the new tip profile on those! Could never figure out why Dynastar always did the super abrupt tip upturn. I love my raceroom LP's but combine stiff tips with the abrupt upturn and you always get that "over the handlebars" feeling when landing in soft snow. Shallow tips like that should make them plane better and ski faster in powder.

Quote Originally Posted by Westslope View Post
    When made properly wood sidewalls are super durable.
    I believe the sidewalls on these skis are wood-look plastic, not actual wood.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    I believe the sidewalls on these skis are wood-look plastic, not actual wood.
    Incorrect, looking at mine now and they are marine grade wood.
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother49 View Post
    they are marine grade wood.
    . . . copied from evo.com's site:

"Construction:Traditional sandwich technology of Wood and Titanal layers guarantees precise carving stability and excellent torsion rigidity. The power is provided by two layers of fiberglass whose basic weight (thickness) can vary depending on the model and the desired skiability. The double Melamine/Phenol sidewalls ensure flexibility and power according to the skier's needs in the different phases of the turn."

like the stuff they make the "wood" Legend emblems with on the front of the ski - looks like wood but isn't . . .

http://www.evo.com/skis/dynastar-leg...rider-105.aspx

yeah, because EVO never gets the description wrong in their blurbs

bluesbrother is correct, and so far with 40+ days on mine there is no issue withe the wood sidewall...but i'm a pansy and baby my gear...
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    yeah, because EVO never gets the description wrong in their blurbs
    From http://www.dynastar.com:

"WOOD TITANAL CORE
    Traditional sandwich technology of wood and titanal layers guaranteeing precise carving stability and excellent torsion rigidity. The power is provided by two layers of fiberglass whose basic weight (thickness) can vary depending on the model and the desired skiability. The double melamine/phenol sidewalls ensures flexability and power according to the skier's needs in the different phases of the turn."

When I remodeled my kitchen, both a contractor and a carpenter friend commented on the beauty of the wood in my kitchen cabinets - except they aren't wood, they're melamine . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    From http://www.dynastar.com:

"WOOD TITANAL CORE
    Traditional sandwich technology of wood and titanal layers guaranteeing precise carving stability and excellent torsion rigidity. The power is provided by two layers of fiberglass whose basic weight (thickness) can vary depending on the model and the desired skiability. The double melamine/phenol sidewalls ensures flexability and power according to the skier's needs in the different phases of the turn."

When I remodeled my kitchen, both a contractor and a carpenter friend commented on the beauty of the wood in my kitchen cabinets - except they aren't wood, they're melamine . . .
    yeah, because dynastar never gets the description wrong on their own skis

waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Onward View Post
    Congratz dude! Dukes for them?
    Dammit! Local shop doesnt want to do (they cant do....) inserts like BindingFreedom and getting jonondrums dynaduke plates take too much time....

Dang, those sticks would have been perfect testbed for either of those two systems...Oh well.[/1st word problems]