Page 667 of 820 FirstFirst ... 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 ... LastLast
Results 16,651 to 16,675 of 20494
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Thanks to the moronic dutch guy buster and me will ski with our 500 best friends tomorrow.

And probably tour with 100 of them on Saturday. I sure hope it snows in regions where he gets more money from, so he can focus on ruining resorts i don't go...
    Wow airolo was tracked by. 10 am. We did two non wepowder variations there and left to the end of the valley at 11:30. Did an afternoon tour and were very happy. And I was spot on with my 100 friends. We counted 80+ people on the way up the standard route from the opposite ridge.
    Still found some very fun snow. But it's getting ridiculous in the bedretto.

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Wow airolo was tracked by. 10 am. We did two non wepowder variations there and left to the ebd of the valley at 11:30. Did an afternoon tour and were very happy. And o was spot on with my 100 friends. We counted 80+ people on the way up the standard route from the opposite ridge.
    Still found some very fun snow. But it's getting ridiculous in the bedretto.

did you see Morris and get his autograph?
    Is Airolo one of them resorts that stays untracked for a few days as a rule goes? is it covered on the magic pass?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Not on magicpass. Way too far for any of us romandies anyway.

They are adding saas fee next year though.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Not on magicpass. Way too far for any of us romandies anyway.

They are adding saas fee next year though.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    the magic pass does seem a bargin saas fee included as well. what are the resorts generally like on the magic pass, small family style?

Untracked resorts in the alps? Come on... Airolo is not a secret anymore either, but if you dont understand the probkrm, im not going to explain it to you.

Sometimes i get the idea you're some strange sort of troll.

Untracked resorts in the alps? Come on... Airolo is not a secret anymore either, but if you dont understand the probkrm, im not going to explain it to you.

Sometimes i get the idea you're some strange sort of troll.

There are resorts in the Alps that don't get tracked out for days. Can't speak for your stomping ground of switzerland as i don't ski there but there certainly are in France.

Troll me? not my game, sometimes text gets lost in translation without the intonation(not sure if thats the correct word, but someone out there will be impressed by it)

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    the magic pass does seem a bargin saas fee included as well. what are the resorts generally like on the magic pass, small family style?

Some bigger ones like glacier3000, zinal and the rest of val d anniviers. The rest are smaller but awesome for low viz free skiing. Good balance.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

2 days after snow in that quiet backwater starting with a V... the Alps are already quiet after the half term break. Get some local knowledge and you’ll be skiing fresh tracks through the April sweet spot

Le Monde de Jérémie Heitz. A nice one for any French speakers...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0HQzzWot9i4

It’s starting in Prättigau...

Great timing overall: February sunshine to go touring to get out of the resort while the school holidays are on; powder when everyone leaves!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1300.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	269.2 KB 
ID:	273455

Armed with antibiotics I’ll be free riding ze Arlberg tomorrow .
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Armed with antibiotics I’ll be free riding ze Arlberg tomorrow .
    do you know the area well or will you get a guide?

Tourist question here.

I'll be in Frankfurt on business for a few days. Meetings end on the 25th or something, a Wednesday. That leaves me 4 days until I need to be back stateside for work on Monday.

Where do I go?

Austria was getting slammed with snow earlier this year I know. Looks like Soelden and maybe others are drive-able from Frankfurt.

On the other hand, Geneva is a short flight away, and Chamonix only an hour by car from there. How has the snow been? I speak a bit o' French, and a descent of the Vallee Blanche is a bucket list item for me. (Is that even doable with the cable car closed for repairs?)

Also, I'm at that point in my career and life where this may be my only opportunity to ski the Alps for the next 20+ years, unless I win the lottery or my wife suddenly falls in love with skiing. So, given these constraints, where do I go? Tick off the bucket list Item in Cham (where I know a bit of the language), or hack my way through the German speaking regions and chase the snow?

EDIT: I should ask something more specific here: Are the conditions anywhere in the Alps so unbelievable right now that I should 100%, no questions, head there over anywhere else? If so, I'll try to do that. Otherwise, I think I'm headed to France.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangur View Post
    Tourist question here.

I'll be in Frankfurt on business for a few days. Meetings end on the 25th or something, a Wednesday. That leaves me 4 days until I need to be back stateside for work on Monday.

Where do I go?

Austria was getting slammed with snow earlier this year I know. Looks like Soelden and maybe others are drive-able from Frankfurt.

On the other hand, Geneva is a short flight away, and Chamonix only an hour by car from there. How has the snow been? I speak a bit o' French, and a descent of the Vallee Blanche is a bucket list item for me. (Is that even doable with the cable car closed for repairs?)

Also, I'm at that point in my career and life where this may be my only opportunity to ski the Alps for the next 20+ years, unless I win the lottery or my wife suddenly falls in love with skiing. So, given these constraints, where do I go? Tick off the bucket list Item in Cham (where I know a bit of the language), or hack my way through the German speaking regions and chase the snow?

EDIT: I should ask something more specific here: Are the conditions anywhere in the Alps so unbelievable right now that I should 100%, no questions, head there over anywhere else? If so, I'll try to do that. Otherwise, I think I'm headed to France.
    That’s a long-ass drive for four days, innit? In your shoes, I’d lean towards flying into Geneva or Zurich (but I don’t know anything about your travel circumstances).

Ticking something off bucket list always sounds like the right way to go. Might be worth waiting a few more days to see how weather forecast evolves to confirm though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dangur View Post
    Where do I go?

Fly to Geneva. Go to Verbier, ski the powder and watch the best freeriders in the world ride the Bec des Rosses in the Verbier Extreme. Drive back to GVA via Cham and hire a guide to take you up the Vallée Blanche. Perfect 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    Fly to Geneva. Go to Verbier, ski the powder and watch the best freeriders in the world ride the Bec des Rosses in the Verbier Extreme. Drive back to GVA via Cham and hire a guide to take you up the Vallée Blanche. Perfect 4 days.
    If anyone needs life advice, go see bobinch! This is a good itinerary.

the long range forecast post this week isnt looking so promising. heats up fast....

Took today off work after watching the weather fromthe end of last week. Sure payed off today

Name:	stubai1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	371.1 KB 
ID:	273683

Stubai was less crowded than i thought it would be, got some first tracks in. Even by the end of the day there was still stashes to be found.

This one's for peds!
    How's the knee coming along?

Name:	peds.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	273684

Sorry for lopsided photo...

Quote Originally Posted by powderfanatic View Post
    the long range forecast post this week isnt looking so promising. heats up fast....
    Contemplating Cham/Verbier April 3-7 for similar reasons (Frankfurt business trip, not a ton of time), but worried about these warm weather forecasts. This is not once in a lifetime for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    do you know the area well or will you get a guide?

This Arlberg newb linked up with a guided group which lapped the albonabahn 2 before a few licks down into Stuben then out some moist gully of mystery to end in verwalls. 30cm+ bluebird and fucking mobbed.

Impressed by the terrain and infrastructure but it sure isn’t like anyone is remotely interested in you, let alone happy to see you. Like so many mega resorts.

Guidod again today around the front side for a lap then rendled and rifflseed 1 and 2 to head out hinterland bowl. Fun recremed pow, friendly group of Germans who did not need the guide
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by lemarin View Post
    Contemplating Cham/Verbier April 3-7 for similar reasons (Frankfurt business trip, not a ton of time), but worried about these warm weather forecasts. This is not once in a lifetime for me though.
    That’s 3 weeks away so anything could happen. If you can leave the decision to the last minute that is always the best plan but if you cant Verbier & Cham are good choices. Both have a great base, high altitude, north facing terrain so there’s nowhere else with a better chance of some sunny pow...

This Arlberg newb linked up with a guided group which lapped the albonabahn 2 before a few licks down into Stuben then out some moist gully of mystery to end in verwalls. 30cm+ bluebird and fucking mobbed.

Impressed by the terrain and infrastructure but it sure isn’t like anyone is remotely interested in you, let alone happy to see you. Like so many mega resorts.

Guidod again today around the front side for a lap then rendled and rifflseed 1 and 2 to head out hinterland bowl. Fun recremed pow, friendly group of Germans who did not need the guide
    youve done exactly what i did with a guide last season. did you go down to stuben via langres catching a taxi at the bottom?
    then the bus back from verwall?

more pow for buster: google translate it because powderguide no habla inglese.
    https://www.powderguide.com/magazin/...ie-zweite.html

stay high and watch out for the blue bird warming on Sat.

more pow for buster: google translate it because powderguide no habla inglese.
    https://www.powderguide.com/magazin/...ie-zweite.html

stay high and watch out for the blue bird warming on Sat.
    Friday call? Might be able to get out of jail (I.e work)
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    Friday call? Might be able to get out of jail (I.e work)
    Hmm the trees would have to be really high. There is only one place that comes to mind.