Page 237 of 820 FirstFirst ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 20489
    webcams say it will be a lot of fun today..................

Quote Originally Posted by irbis View Post
    Thanks Sassa.

Horizon - I am there for 30 hours next week on a business trip, but I thought I'd use the time properly. Yes we will come back together from the Dolomites. Although the more I think about it the more I think we should ski the 8th as well then head home.
    Sounds good but what about skiing the 8th a little closer to home? Engelberg, or maybe St Anton.
    You really need to stop knowing WTF you're talking about. (Tippster)

Everything closed in Andermatt today...
    Always Fight Gravity

Nice!!! Good to get you back in the mix....you around for the weekend?
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
    Got the results from my x-rays. "L'os est devenu solide, tu peux faire du ski".

Realised I can't make it Friday because of a meeting but I REALLY want to ski tomorrow (Thursday).

Ripz?

HS: I'm in for the big V tomorrow if Ripz went to G3000 today.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

In Verbier on Saturday with the ski club, skiing with some other Scandis in Chamonix on Sunday is my weekend plan

Are you up for some runs tomorrow? I can most probably take a day off some time next week as well, and will definitely be around for next weekend.

Edit: Since Jay hasn't checked in, I'm guessing he is at G3000 today?

No Ripz is at work and the Combe has not opened.

As for me I sent you an SMS.

The man is keeping me down until Friday, so no tomorrow. Enjoy the fresh!!!!

In Verbier on Saturday with the ski club, skiing with some other Scandis in Chamonix on Sunday is my weekend plan

Are you up for some runs tomorrow? I can most probably take a day off some time next week as well, and will definitely be around for next weekend.

Edit: Since Jay hasn't checked in, I'm guessing he is at G3000 today?
    DOWN SKIS

Heading to Nendaz / Verbier in mid March. What's the snowpack like around there this season? And what's the best website for avalanche bulletins (preferably en anglais - my French isn't good enough).

Damn, if I look at one more webcam here at work I think my head is gonna explode....

Yemble - http://www.slf.ch/lawineninfo/index_EN

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    teh combe opened sometime this afternoon. not sure how many people might be there or how shralped it will get. i'm 50/50 on tomorrow. not really my ideal for taking a vacation day.

Quote Originally Posted by irbis View Post
    Can anybody recommend a ski shop in Geneva? I am looking for some touring boots.
    Penseyres Sports - Downtown about 3 - 4 blocks from "Cornavin", the main train station;
    http://www.penseyres-sports.com/

from station it is towards the lake on Rue de Neuchâtel.
    The American Market (small grocery) is a couple doors down from it.

Sport 137 in Versoix, if driving from airport around lake towards Lausanne/Berne/Valais try;
    http://www.sport137.ch
    small shop, but top-end lines carried and rentals available. english spoken.

both shops u better call ahead to see what product lines and sizes they have in stock.
    Last edited by Lostinthetrees; 02-18-2009 at 09:32 AM.
    when not on the snow what else do i do...

http://www.jatho-craftsman.blogspot.com/

This place is good and carriers some nice rando/touring gear but pricey. There is another place Montagne (something) near Junction that also carries some good gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by sassa View Post
    Good shop in Geneva for touring gear:

Cactus Sports
    Bernard Wietlisbach
    4, rue du Pont-Neuf
    1227 Carouge
    Tél. +4122 300'30'01 Fax +4122 300'30'09
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by teosickrider View Post
    Everything closed in Andermatt today...
    Not quite, but it pretty much sucked. You couldn't get in or out of town, which made for one empty parking lot.

Lots of snow. Pretty heavy and a bit wind blown. They're still throwing bombs all over the place. I think tomorrow could be sketch.

In Verbier on Saturday with the ski club
    I'll bring my youngest kid to the evening GS race at esserts at 6PM....

Quote Originally Posted by cramp View Post
    Take a look at this store in Anif near Salzburg (close to the High Way A10:

Click (website only in German)

It is a mountaineering shop and the people there should have plenty of experience with Dynafits (since it's nowadays the preferred binding system of old school ski mountaineers in Austria).

For chosing a ski resort in the Salzkammergut Area it depends on your mobility. With a car you can choose of course from a couple of possibities. Loser, Tauplitz and with some limitations Feuerkogel seem to be among the most interesting for off-piste. Postalm is directly at the Wolfgang See and ideal for beginners. Dachstein-West is a bigger on-piste oriented resort in the vicinity. And of course you will have K., maybe you can convince your GF that the one and only official piste there is blue enough (it is quite attractive for piste-skiers BTW).

Don't know much about Zwoelferkogel (which is
    So some intel - stayed in the town of St Gilgen (sleepy, lakeside, kept GF happy) and it had 1 ski lift- a 1950's era gondola rising 1000m. Lift ticket €25 for the day or €100 for the year. Fed into one steep, very wide bowl with plenty of tree action on both sides. 1 piste for the girlfriend, which she loved because we had it to ourselves. Saturday powder day 9am rush involved, eh, 20 people. Weekdays were deserted. Tons, literally tons of lines remaining Monday after no snow Sunday.

Now officially added to the ridiculously long list of awesome places in euroland.

Hmm maybe it's time for a G3 day... what's the front side looking like over there? Can you make the traverse under cabane? Are the rocks all filled in?

The combe is nice over there but that front side makes the mountain...

Anybody up for it after the next storm?

Ohh and I suppose I should give instead of just get info --- Chamonix today OK, not the full blown powder day you might think, at least for us. Top of Les GM had I guess 20-30cm but wind affected. Flegere had only 20cm of dust on moguls and old tracks. Some nice turns to be had though and nice to be out in the sunshine...

This place is good and carriers some nice rando/touring gear but pricey. There is another place Montagne (something) near Junction that also carries some good gear.

Cactus are pleasant but always busy plus Switzerland is so expernsive. I would hop across the border to France (like the Swiss do).

Quote Originally Posted by bbirtle View Post
    Ohh and I suppose I should give instead of just get info --- Chamonix today OK, not the full blown powder day you might think, at least for us. Top of Les GM had I guess 20-30cm but wind affected. Flegere had only 20cm of dust on moguls and old tracks. Some nice turns to be had though and nice to be out in the sunshine...
    You there still? I was in town three weeks ago, pointed out your (old) place to a friend, but thought you had gone!
    You really need to stop knowing WTF you're talking about. (Tippster)

Quote Originally Posted by bbirtle View Post
    Hmm maybe it's time for a G3 day... what's the front side looking like over there? Can you make the traverse under cabane? Are the rocks all filled in?
    not as of last weekend. i guess you could pick your way across if you're not too worried about your skis. it's been pretty wind-ripped but maybe this last snow stuck a little better. me and PK are going tomorrow, although, must warn you that it's the school holidays here so kinda iffy with the crowds.

Have fun boys....want the beta....look on the other side and see it that LD to Reusch run looks $$$. (be safe too)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    not as of last weekend. i guess you could pick your way across if you're not too worried about your skis. it's been pretty wind-ripped but maybe this last snow stuck a little better. me and PK are going tomorrow, although, must warn you that it's the school holidays here so kinda iffy with the crowds.
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by cberry View Post
    So some intel - stayed in the town of St Gilgen (sleepy, lakeside, kept GF happy) and it had 1 ski lift- a 1950's era gondola rising 1000m. Lift ticket €25 for the day or €100 for the year. Fed into one steep, very wide bowl with plenty of tree action on both sides. 1 piste for the girlfriend, which she loved because we had it to ourselves. Saturday powder day 9am rush involved, eh, 20 people. Weekdays were deserted. Tons, literally tons of lines remaining Monday after no snow Sunday.

Now officially added to the ridiculously long list of awesome places in euroland.
    Obviously you discovered the Zwoelferhorn, according to insiders a truly gem when conditions are right. By luck you have had sort of 'once in a decade' conditions (o.k., not quite right, 3 years ago there was even much, much more snow in this region). Congratulations for your timing . Do you have any photos?

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    I'll bring my youngest kid to the evening GS race at esserts at 6PM....
    Sorry, not that kind of ski club. This is with the club at CERN and there is no competition section in it. Just a ski school. We're heading there by bus, skiing for the day and then going back in the evening.

Hope you have fun at the race though!

Tomorrow is ON! Wohoo!!! I've never used the word before but I think that 'stoked' could fit pretty good right now...

Hoy

It was cold in Andermatt. Really cold. Snow was ok. Way more stabile than I expected. But it sure was cold.

Sickter! I am so glad I sat in an office all day
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnappi View Post
    It was cold in Andermatt. Really cold. Snow was ok. Way more stabile than I expected. But it sure was cold.
    Last edited by geo039; 02-19-2009 at 11:05 AM.
    DOWN SKIS

today was sick. welcome back PK!!!