Page 731 of 736 FirstFirst ... 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 LastLast
Results 18,251 to 18,275 of 18376
  1. #18251
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    4,005
    Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    Why do you say that? Seems somewhat unlikely to me that the guy waits a year to post footage skiing pow in Ovronnaz a day after the place has just received 1m of fresh?
    Because they're not open yet ? (And haven't been)

    And the "meter of fresh" is a windblown automatic station at 2600m where the Rest of the hand measured stations in the area are arond 9 to 30cm of TOTAL snow Cover?

    And this high altitude Station also had about 10cm of fresh when Ovronnaz had about 60cm over night. It us highly unreliable.

    And the slf has specifically not mentioned any major snowfall outside central Switzerland and Glarus?

    And the cat track has a solid frozen base under the pow in the video.

    And the webcam looks bony as hell with about 10-20cm of coverage? Have you ever been there during a solid storm? I can assure you the roof of the Hut looks different.

    I guess that's why.

    Edit: Charlie nooo that poma is such a fun zone. Hmm. Adds more stress to the traverse.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211201-134838_Firefox.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	394757
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  2. #18252
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Because they're not open yet ? (And haven't been)

    And the "meter of fresh" is a windblown automatic station at 2600m where the Rest of the hand measured stations in the area are arond 9 to 30cm of TOTAL snow Cover?

    And this high altitude Station also had about 10cm of fresh when Ovronnaz had about 60cm over night. It us highly unreliable.

    And the slf has specifically not mentioned any major snowfall outside central Switzerland and Glarus?

    And the cat track has a solid frozen base under the pow in the video.

    And the webcam looks bony as hell with about 10-20cm of coverage? Have you ever been there during a solid storm? I can assure you the roof of the Hut looks different.

    I guess that's why.

    Edit: Charlie nooo that poma is such a fun zone. Hmm. Adds more stress to the traverse.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211201-134838_Firefox.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	394757
    Ok that’s a pretty comprehensive rationale 😂

  3. #18253
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So he's another stateless one, like Amsterdam dude with no ski equipment. If only.

    Oh, and fuck off, too, if you insist with that last comment. I've only encountered snooty insults from most here, not good advice.
    Where are you living Benny? Someone said Maryland but I’m not sure that’s right.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  4. #18254
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    998
    Dear benny,

    I appologize for all of us here in this thread.
    We are not like this in real life. Emotions going high at the moment....the dark season has started and this is a special time of the year.
    I am not talking about this capitalistic christmas bullshit. It is the time to find my inner peace. I celabrate this with the special day. The winter solstice.

    This is the true natural spirit. I can only find peace in a forrest. This man made world is horrible. Look at all the buildings streets cars malls..... it is all so fucked up. People cramped in cities like chicken and pigs in cages. There is only one way out.
    And killing and hating each other is no solution.

    Usually buster helps everbody with great info about switz. So does cds and bob inch
    Sp makes the snoe
    I give info about tirol as much i know
    Sorry there is no italians here.
    I am not up todate with all the rules and regs in tirol atm.

    But i am happy to ask a pharmacy for qr code for.
    Send me a copy of l your cdc card and passport. I am happy to go to pharmacy and ask if they can help a friend out.

    Peace and love

  5. #18255
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    25,194
    I am like this in real life.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  6. #18256
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    4,005
    The forecast after the weekend is pretty abysmal Northern hemisphere wise. I'd say we're done until January with powder.

    I mean we'll probably have another week of touring until the 12th and then....dry and warm to infinity. This persistent pattern has appeared every winter since 14 15 for 3-4 weeks.

    I mean normally I'd just go bouldering, but I fucked my shoulder when I started to train again after the surf Trips.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  7. #18257
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    998
    Nooooooo

  8. #18258
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    566
    Night skiing is on 🤘

  9. #18259
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,146
    Guess I’m glad I got the knee deep blower today!

  10. #18260
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    The forecast after the weekend is pretty abysmal Northern hemisphere wise. I'd say we're done until January with powder.

    I mean we'll probably have another week of touring until the 12th and then....dry and warm to infinity. This persistent pattern has appeared every winter since 14 15 for 3-4 weeks.

    I mean normally I'd just go bouldering, but I fucked my shoulder when I started to train again after the surf Trips.
    Andorra says hi

    https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Arinsal/6day/top

  11. #18261
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    4,005
    It's the same pattern. One week is all we have left until January.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  12. #18262
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    566
    Quarantine making things look pretty dire for Alpine Businesses in Verbier…
    https://www.20min.ch/fr/video/mon-ba...s-590060248069

  13. #18263
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    laus'angeles
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    Quarantine making things look pretty dire for Alpine Businesses in Verbier…
    https://www.20min.ch/fr/video/mon-ba...s-590060248069
    "My restaurant only sells beans"

    Sometime they dunk on us Americans as well :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-l5...A9visionSuisse

  14. #18264
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    1,875
    Engleberg going off right now. Looks damn good from all the Scandi's insta

    via Tobias Granath:
    Name:  tobias.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  205.3 KB

  15. #18265
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    "My restaurant only sells beans"

    Sometime they dunk on us Americans as well :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-l5...A9visionSuisse

    “15 years in Switzerland and you don’t speak French? This is Verbier, not Switzerland!”

  16. #18266
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    4,005
    From tomorrow: Have your test ready for Switzerland, even if vaccinated. No qarantine though.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  17. #18267
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    June Lake
    Posts
    2,581
    Skied Zermatt the other day and Monte Rosa yesterday. Man-made groomers are decent, off piste not really available yet. Let it snow!

    Sent from my SM-G998U using TGR Forums mobile app

  18. #18268
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    4,005
    Today was rain to 1800m im back home....oh well there is always tomorrow
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  19. #18269
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sedrun CH
    Posts
    389
    Dumping in Sedrun right now…. What’s going on with the forecasts this year?!?


    Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums

  20. #18270
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sedrun CH
    Posts
    389
    8 cm were expected and we got close to 30 so far… last week 40 cm expected, we barely got 15🤪


    Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums

  21. #18271
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    566
    Bit warm today but there’s a ton of snow falling over a wide area. Next week will be powdertastic everywhere

  22. #18272
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    4,005
    3 dead in Austria. Big one. deep layer problem.
    The weak layer is everywhere in the alps. Great.

    No deep persistent thing in the pyrenees and they might get another 1-2m this week. I'm seriously considering my first trip there for Christmas.

    Tomorrow will be touchy if they open at all.....
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  23. #18273
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    3,609
    Bareges has 2.5m on top another 1.5 coming

    Closed Sunday and Monday.



    Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

  24. #18274
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    4,005
    They opened. It's good.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211205_112529.jpeg 
Views:	150 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	395306
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  25. #18275
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    3 dead in Austria. Big one. deep layer problem.
    The weak layer is everywhere in the alps. Great.

    No deep persistent thing in the pyrenees and they might get another 1-2m this week. I'm seriously considering my first trip there for Christmas.

    Tomorrow will be touchy if they open at all.....
    https://racerxonline.com/2021/12/04/...ofer-2002-2021

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •