Page 422 of 821 FirstFirst ... 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... LastLast
Results 10,526 to 10,550 of 20508
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    pm me your mobile info (and horizon's) and i'll reply with mine. give me a ring when you get in on fri night.
    No worries about the music, we provide ear plugs
    The beatings will continue until morale will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by freak View Post
    !!! kahen kilo soldier simo at seeeecret arlberg !!!
    kahen kilon soldier simo at seeecret military mission????

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    pm me your mobile info (and horizon's) and i'll reply with mine. give me a ring when you get in on fri night.
    pm sent, looking forward to talking to you
    The beatings will continue until morale will improve.

1 extra week on trip!!

Just changed my flight to come over to Europe earlier. Looking at 2 full weeks in Chamonix and 6 nights in St. Anton. Couldn't have picked a better year as I'm in Tahoe and we no snow. Can't wait to ski the Alps (plastered white Alps that is)!!!!!

and for everyone in the American West I hope my departure gets some flakes to start flying around here finally...

Quote Originally Posted by irbis View Post
    (repost)

Horizon and I will fly into Geneva Fri night for two full days of seeking out (what's left of) the powder... We haven't yet chosen a destination yet.

Anyone around to share turns? Any suggestions as to where to go? We have a car.
    Alas not around this weekend but skiing with you guys brings back good memories....

Quote Originally Posted by kix515 View Post
    Just changed my flight to come over to Europe earlier. Looking at 2 full weeks in Chamonix and 6 nights in St. Anton. Couldn't have picked a better year as I'm in Tahoe and we no snow. Can't wait to ski the Alps (plastered white Alps that is)!!!!!

and for everyone in the American West I hope my departure gets some flakes to start flying around here finally...
    Good move! I am thinking about extending my trip too! After riding deep blower for the past two weeks, the thought of going back to squaw is unbearable... watch out... you will never want to go home... Too bad you missed the all the storm skiing, bring your ropes, harness and belay devises most of the easy access skiing at cham is tracked out. by european standards though, not squaws...

Quick skin up to Col du Belvedere, we were the only three to go down it today after the wind filled it in last night. Two people on the Aiguille du Belvedere on our left, and a handful of French army on something to our right... other than that, a very quiet day out. Wonderful.

After my epic 2 week streak, I just want to ride and tour everyday now. Makes me think why am I going to the office and working on a PhD. Still this momentum has me aiming for 100 days this season instead of my previous goal of 75.

Quote Originally Posted by Orash111 View Post
    After my epic 2 week streak, I just want to ride and tour everyday now.
    Who doesn't?

(Oh Ullr, please make it snow here in the US. I don't know how much longer I can take this.)
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Same after an Epic streak my shins are shot, my legs are dead and there is more blue than white going on my upper thigh but best storm system in AGES....

In broken and lost equipment it was still an expensive 10 days!!

Haha... Stopping just was not really in the books the last couple of days cause the amount of sluff getting released was insane.

Definitely two weeks of memories to take to the death bed.

Quote Originally Posted by sqikunst View Post
    Same after an Epic streak my shins are shot, my legs are dead and there is more blue than white going on my upper thigh but best storm system in AGES....
    ha! and i was thinking it was just me. my left shin seems to be perma-damaged from hitting a patch of windripped crust on my last day. i could probably ski with all the sore pressure points in my feet but my shin feels like someone hit it with a hammer.

In broken and lost equipment it was still an expensive 10 days!!
    are your protests still intact? (iirc you had lost one last season and found it again)
    i managed to fix my mangled edge with nails and jbweld and it seems to be holding up fine so far.

Haha... Stopping just was not really in the books the last couple of days cause the amount of sluff getting released was insane.

Definitely two weeks of memories to take to the death bed.
    absolutely!

I'm glad that others admit to being physically disabled after a Eurofest - 9 months later my right quad still isn't right....

Hi,

Finally I won't be able to make it to Cham' before Sunday (but thanks anyway for the Alpenrose Hostel info it'll be useful later in the season !).

So I'm thinking of going to Switzerland tomorrow and Saturday and either go to Engelberg/Andermatt or Grindelwald/Mürren but I'm having trouble finding some infos on where I will have the best chance to find some powder left from the last Eurofest. Do any of you have any intel ? Or if any of you are going to be skiing one of these places and want to share a few turn let me know.

I'll make sure to post a few pics, thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasSki View Post
    Hi,

Finally I won't be able to make it to Cham' before Sunday (but thanks anyway for the Alpenrose Hostel info it'll be useful later in the season !).

So I'm thinking of going to Switzerland tomorrow and Saturday and either go to Engelberg/Andermatt or Grindelwald/Mürren but I'm having trouble finding some infos on where I will have the best chance to find some powder left from the last Eurofest. Do any of you have any intel ? Or if any of you are going to be skiing one of these places and want to share a few turn let me know.

I'll make sure to post a few pics, thanks !
    I would think twice about skiing Murren / Grindelwald this weekend. Lauberhorn in Wengen is on with combined on Fri, downhill on Sat and slalom on Sun. The entire Lauterbrunnen valley is a shitshow when the race is on, I was told. Murren kicks ass for skiing though. A-star place.

Thinking about heading to Zinal tomorrow, unless there's a better shout?

The Brenva Glacier via the Southwest Couloir of the Tour Rond was pretty good today, Courmayeur, January 12, 2012.
    Last edited by jumpturn; 01-13-2012 at 10:11 AM.

They finally opened all the lifts today so making it up to the alpine was a bit easier

The snow in Zillertal was pretty variable, ranging from wind crust to heavy powder and pretty much everything in between. Still, found a couple of new routes and had some good rides!

Carveman....if you are going to Flaine to train with Flane Super Ski then you need to speak to Rene Roulet.
    Super nice older guy, ex trainer of French Olympic team...a real grizzled mountain veteran figure.

Tell him you are a friend of mine (my name is Janek, pronounced with a "Y" in front) and mention in passing that you know he rents my place. I know we don't actually know each other....but the Mag brotherhood etc etc!

I'm sure that Rene will be able to sort you out, they are very focussed on race training in their business, particularly what I would call "development" race training, ie juniors who are looking to progress to national squads rather than the actual national squad level guys. Over the years he has had a lot of top names go through his system. I'd be amazed if he had any problem with your specific needs.

Send me a PM if you want more info.

Finally I'm going to Andermatt. I have a car so if somebody need a ride from Strasbourg, Mulhouse or Basel let me know.

A long shot. Been wanting to do this for the past 2 mornings, but no takers so far. Anyone from Lausanne or close to Montreux up for a pre-work tour tomorrow? Like real early. Want to get to this while the snow stays good. Should still be okay since it is north facing.

http://www.camptocamp.org/routes/522...de-lys-face-nw

900m up, ice axe and crampons for a 200-300m section on the ridge. Good idea to bring a harness and rope up and attach to the bolts on the way up that hold the chains for summer hiking I'd say.

Probably no takers, but always worth a try.

PM me if interested with your number and I'll respond prob within 15min.

Arash

Quote Originally Posted by Orash111 View Post
    A long shot. Been wanting to do this for the past 2 mornings, but no takers so far. Anyone from Lausanne or close to Montreux up for a pre-work tour tomorrow? Like real early. Want to get to this while the snow stays good. Should still be okay since it is north facing.

http://www.camptocamp.org/routes/522...de-lys-face-nw

900m up, ice axe and crampons for a 200-300m section on the ridge. Good idea to bring a harness and rope up and attach to the bolts on the way up that hold the chains for summer hiking I'd say.

Probably no takers, but always worth a try.

PM me if interested with your number and I'll respond prob within 15min.

Arash
    Looks good...so why was the face not scoured by the west and northwest winds?

Quote Originally Posted by jumpturn View Post
    Looks good...so why was the face not scoured by the west and northwest winds?
    That is not my picture actually, but I saw it from another peak on tuesday night during a moonlight tour. Not sure on the exact status of the run now, seemed good from what I saw, but worst come to worse, I'd go there and just not ride it but have a nice morning before work.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastOfTheEast View Post
    I would think twice about skiing Murren / Grindelwald this weekend. Lauberhorn in Wengen is on with combined on Fri, downhill on Sat and slalom on Sun. The entire Lauterbrunnen valley is a shitshow when the race is on, I was told. Murren kicks ass for skiing though. A-star place.
    Mürren side is fine. Lauterbrunnen train station is busy in the morning but it won't affect access to Mürren, just be annoying. It might be easier anyway to take the cable car up from Stechelberg (a worthwhile trip anyway - great cable car). I'd reckon Grindelwald/First would be fine too. Even Kleine Scheidegg would probably be OK, but getting there would obviously be the issue.

Mürren's got some nice sidecountry but it's a bit much to explore on your own (some areas anyway). Some minor hiking and/or skinning required. Great area. Best with a friend or two.

rungsp - thanks for that, PM sent.

I've not heard back from a couple of emails which is disappointing, as the facility looks perfect for what we are after.

Quote Originally Posted by irbis View Post
    (repost)

Horizon and I will fly into Geneva Fri night for two full days of seeking out (what's left of) the powder... We haven't yet chosen a destination yet.

Anyone around to share turns? Any suggestions as to where to go? We have a car.
    The following weekend would have worked for me. Have fun anyway.

EDIT: LOOKING FOR A KNEE BRACE RECOMMENDATION; HERE'S WHY http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...47#post3505947
    Last edited by Hicks; 01-13-2012 at 05:53 AM.