Page 492 of 820 FirstFirst ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 ... LastLast
Results 12,276 to 12,300 of 20487
    Anyone ski Grands Montets today? Rain crust to the top or what?

Just a quick look today, but a rain crust to 2000m in Verb, about 10-15cm above that but lots of wind crust around as well. Lots of snow has been moved around this week, several small ridgelines have been scoured. Should still be ok with the snow, but the bonding to the crusts + wind-loading will be exciting...

Quote Originally Posted by Incompetent Boob View Post
    According to slf it is currently -2 at 2.500m, so up high might be quiet nice, there is a lot of water coming down. However more likely is less than interesting.
    Verbier was nice today with 10-20cm of fresh up high. Mont gele was bottomless where we skied and the MF backside was good too. No stability issues. A rain crust kicked in around 2200m with some variability depending on aspect. AM, GM, and Valorcine were closed in chx due to high winds. Big dump coming, but wind looks like an issue....

(asking about schladming)

Quote Originally Posted by suntoucher View Post
    hey, won´t be back home till 10th or so. but easy to explain, Planai: hike up krahbergzinken (~1h) from the highest point of planai. Hauser Kaibling: couple of fun short couloirish runs down the north side of the top (gipfellift). if theres blubird, avydanger is low and your not scared of hights then check out edelgrieß down the dachstein south side. about skis, theres everything to be had in the region if weather/snow permitts, so i can´t really help you there...
    Thanks man. From the forecast now it looks like snow/rain/precip for a week, any pointers on good treeskiing for the low wis days?

I'll be hauntign the alps from next thursday onward. so ripz and geo: I might be headed your direction.

I have to work (well we're having a teacher workshop thingy going on...great) this Saturday, but will try some Powdery spots on SUnday.

btw. the dump should see the meter mark in some areas.

woohooo Amps to 11!!!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Here are a couple photos from verbier yesterday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1359701358.466301.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	131672
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1359701440.261477.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	217.3 KB 
ID:	131673

Cool. Off to DE Sunday/Monday. Back for later in the week.

Let's get dancin!

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I'll be hauntign the alps from next thursday onward. so ripz and geo: I might be headed your direction.

I have to work (well we're having a teacher workshop thingy going on...great) this Saturday, but will try some Powdery spots on SUnday.

woohooo Amps to 11!!!
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Watching it float in through the valley right now, the next 5 days look to be amazing anyone wanna meet up in schruns and ride tomorrow? Stoke is gonna be ultra high!

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post

Update: Make that 2m in some areas, which means many lifts will be closed due to avy danger....

Absolutely POURING in Nendaz right now, I'm a little worried about the freezing level. All lifts are closed due to wind.

What is the Swiss equivalent of a pineapple express?

Quote Originally Posted by Lostinthetrees View Post
    Next time bring a machette. ;-)
    sweet line!
    Ahah no but seriously, it wasn't too bad with bushes!

Quote Originally Posted by ulty_guy View Post
    I heart monterosaski! If they only got good conditions more reliably. Nice line!
    Yeah...I love it even more since I discovered that I have a deep lift ticket discount as a Swiss ski teacher!!!
    Always Fight Gravity

thread jack but this is the only place it will get any reads. Buddy has a pair of large guardians that his new boots dont fit into. 5 days skied €250 is asking price located in IBK. I dont have a jig for them but willing to mount them for ya if that sweetens the deal at all. He just needs to get some funds to get a new pair so its not a complete bomb of a purchase.

Bump for the weekend snow.

Euro tech talk: Does anyone have a good online source for machine screws (m5, various lengths/heads), also a ski screw supplier? Baumax isn't cutting it.

Oh yeah, skiing... Arlberg tomorrow. Should be some powder

So what exactly is the forecast? I'll be in COUR and CHAM starting Friday next week.

Fogster, check out: http://wepowder.com/ . They get a little overly happy with snow potrentials, but will give you the info.

Here's Sham: http://wepowder.com/playgrounds/chamonix/conditions
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by rrmiller View Post
    Absolutely POURING in Nendaz right now, I'm a little worried about the freezing level. All lifts are closed due to wind.
    Will be around from tomorrow on - that looks sketchy.

PM for Cour options. Most likely be around this direction is nothing better in W.CH
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    So what exactly is the forecast? I'll be in COUR and CHAM starting Friday next week.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

^^^For the screws, you could try schrauben-shop.de, otherwise just google what you need and you should get a few options.

^Snow-line should have been around 1900m in Verb, a fair bit of rain under that. Most of what you will want to ride (once you can see at least) should be ok, but there has been a lot of wind and avi 4 should kick in during the day tmrw at the latest.

Looks like snow level has been higher than the forecast expected, it started raining here at the hut (1400m) around noon and has been pouring for going on 8 hours straight. From the last 4 days of warm temps, and now this rain, the base here is really starting to suffer, lots of grass patches every where and avg snow depth is 30-40cm. Hoping this cold stuff next week gives us a much needed recharge....

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    That should be just about the right timing. Anything before that is going to be sketchy to awesome...
    that's not bad...
    www.nosiesta.com
    IFMGA Ski & Mountain Guide

Quote Originally Posted by blondin View Post
    That should be just about the right timing. Anything before that is going to be sketchy to awesome...
    Today at Helbronner in level 4, the locals said to bring your bible if you ski back the avy drainage (!) because it goes big down to the road with some frequency (!)....like the col d'entreves, which slid down to the tunnel thursday.... Pretty good down to the 1600m rain line.

Cham was largely closed.
    Last edited by jumpturn; 02-02-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Verbier today was good, but totally socked in after 12pm. Bad fog.

Did Mt Fort/Gele open up?

Nope closed all day ^^

chandolin was fun today with boob. 40cm slightly heavy pow poor viz but trees were a blast.