Page 399 of 821 FirstFirst ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,975 of 20518
    this first wave will hit tomorrow.

pray for the second one later this week because it might change for the worse again on Wednesday...

for those who are capable of speaking the new "euro debt crisis superpower language" everyone is complaining about: there should be a detailed forecast on powderguide.com today

KEEP ON DANCING, AL !!!!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

^^ NICE.... going to check it out now

Hope this holds true for us.....

Giant, stubborn high pressures can turn a powder haven into more of a beach environment with sunny skies, warm temperatures and bikini tops. But there’s a silver lining (besides the female fashion): for high pressures to budge, it usually requires a whopper of a low-pressure system. After Sun Valley winced through a brutal six-week high pressure last February and March, the mountain was deluged with nearly five feet of powder in one week. Similarly, that 108-inch storm that buried Alta in late Nov. 2001, was preceded by one of the driest and warmest Novembers on record. Local lodges held meetings urging employees to spend Thanksgiving elsewhere, as there was no snow, guests, nor paychecks—and an ever-decreasing food supply. More so, local managers began whispering that when the high finally moved out, a mega storm cycle would likely follow. Turns out they were right. The Climate Prediction Center4 is a gem, offering a host of long-range forecasts.
    If this 6 week high gets pushed off by some weak ass system that would be really sad .....

Probably going up to Kitz on Thursday with an out of towner just for fun.

Røldal : no lifts running, bad viz. But. Snow! And actually of decent quality and amount!
    At the base ( there is about 30-40 cm of heavy glop but higher up there was close to 1m. Really bouncy snow that covered all the rocks, so the base is allready here!
    The night might bring some extra 20-50cm if the predictions hold... That coupled with clear & cold weather for tomorrow... Oh yeah!

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

I heard small-ex-superpower ski company wants some weather wankers to test skis....raining hard here in GVA. Keep it coming Al!
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    for those who are capable of speaking the new "euro debt crisis superpower language" everyone is complaining about: there should be a detailed forecast on powderguide.com today
    KEEP ON DANCING, AL !!!!
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

well /he /she / it has my e-mail
    At least i think marius sent it.

Well, It looks like Stranda is supposed to get upwards of 4cm of precip today, looks like you guys are in for some snow! If it keeps up this way I might have to head north soon...

http://www.yr.no/sted/Norge/M%C3%B8r...let_skisenter/

Been in røldal since friday. Been snowing every day. Resort not open but conditions are goood. Should be a real solid base for the opening next weekend.

And it just started snowing again this evening

10 - 15cm fresh in les deux alpes ... first gondala haha ... new resort - same routine

webcams show some snow in verb. I'll be there wed/thursd.

So where are you guys going this WE in the western Alps? I was thinking to hit Cervinia but I'm not even sure. I don't feel so much like pisten-carving....
    Always Fight Gravity

My friends in Norway.... SNOWWWWW! I gotta head up your way soon! Does anyone know of someplace I might be able to work, at a ski area or otherwise? I want to get in on what I missed last winter! 50cm in Stryn last night, and it's still dumping from the looks of it! Ahhh sooooo stoked!

Vakna opp til 50 centimeter nysnø
    http://www.yr.no/nyheter/1.7903085

Hiked up on a ridge till a 2800m peak yesterday by Les Marecottes. I was breaking through 1m deep snow drifts above 2400m at the very deepest spots. Down till 2000m the snow was 15-40cm deep. That was before this and this storm came in last night and the 2 more we have aligned for CH and France. Welcome back Ullr...

It's on in sogndal again:

And conditions are just as good in røldal

Meathelmet approves of røldal btw.

Does anyone have much experience of off piste/touring in Mayrhofen? Seem to be a few routes but finding the information is pretty hard to come by..

I did a week of touring out of Lanersbach a few years back. That's a few miles up the valley towards Hintertux from Mayrhofen. Best off piste runs were the north facing slopes on the south side of that valley. Climbed the Hoher Riffler from the lifts at Hintertux. Skied off the back of that and hung a left on to a great long 1,000 meter vertical slope. I think there's some good stuff of the Ahorn lift right out of Mayrhofen but haven't been there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Looking down the Lange-Wand-Kar.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	462.3 KB 
ID:	105465  

Anyone got plans for this weekend that could allow for a tele-skier from the lowlands?

Anyone got plans for this weekend that could allow for a tele-skier from the lowlands?
    Which county, then region, then day.... We can tell you what we are up to then....

Quote Originally Posted by sqikunst View Post
    Which county, then region, then day.... We can tell you what we are up to then....
    Have an appointment in Darmstadt on thursday, MIGHT be driving down afterwards.

So ski friday/ sat/ sunday then drive back. Want to hit up fresh snow so will follow the weather systems i.e. don't know right now which country but it looks like some nordstau will be in progress...

we (GF and me) will/may/might be around western ch or france or switz in general depending on the second wave that hits tonight. 50-80cm are possible It should dump enough to ski somewhere. The more west, the better.
    Full detail report in German should be up on powderguide.com any minute now.

mid range forecast looks encouraging with more westerly weather and not too muc warmth on the way. BUT, it may switch to dry SW very easily depending on the central low near greenland.

KEEP ON DANCING AL!!

and keep up you Ullr sacrifices folks. It worked so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonically_Neglected View Post
    Have an appointment in Darmstadt on thursday, MIGHT be driving down afterwards.
    are u picking up a fax?????

Quote Originally Posted by Onward View Post
    It's on in sogndal again:

And conditions are just as good in røldal

Sickllows!

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    are u picking up a fax?????
    Huh? No, I've got an appointment concerning geothermal energy. Why?

Tuesday, 06 December 2011: Yay!