Page 377 of 813 FirstFirst ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,425 of 20323
    Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Fell off my bike, trying to catch my train last friday. Was going at a good clip when my tyres just slipped on the wet asfalt. Banged up my knee pretty bad but worse: dislocated my L- thumb. That's probably the season ender for me. And I was all set up for a fabulous 2nd half of the season... Fuck.

Double fuck, actually as I was in full on training for Rotterdam marathon (marathon on 10 april, been training since last summer) and doubt that I will be able to run (hand now in a cast, probably needs surgery i.e. another cast after surgery= no more training km's). Fuck, fuck.

Absolutely fucked my back picking up my ski bag at Melbourne Airport.

Very lucky nothing happened during the previous 3 weeks I suppose!

Back from a nice weekend at Sölden. Glacier was closed on Friday so on Saturday we were busy tracking Rettenbachferner and doing a couple of runs down Krumpe Rinne etc. Everything else was in the fog. Sunday was bluebird and we had some great runs on Gaislachkogel... before the idiots took over.

I was really amazed at how many people seem to be able to buy a Norrona fullsuit and the most expensive pair of fat skis but then forget about buying avalanche gear and a beacon. Not to mention the lack of any knowledge of how to behave in the alpine.
    Groups and groups of freeride-fashion styled people passing by at the lift and not a single beacon signal. People passing others very obviously waiting for the first of their group (and none of them slow skiers) to come out of a steeper section, just to then stop in the middle of the chute, start a discussion and unpack camera gear, blocking off the group that was there first. It was a rather safe day, but nevertheless..
    Luckily, there were also some nice people and smiling and good skiing to lighten our mood so we didn't need to knock someone's teeth out.
    ~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~

Quote Originally Posted by herr_stoiber View Post
    Back from a nice weekend at Sölden. Glacier was closed on Friday so on Saturday we were busy tracking Rettenbachferner and doing a couple of runs down Krumpe Rinne etc. Everything else was in the fog. Sunday was bluebird and we had some great runs on Gaislachkogel... before the idiots took over.

I was really amazed at how many people seem to be able to buy a Norrona fullsuit and the most expensive pair of fat skis but then forget about buying avalanche gear and a beacon. Not to mention the lack of any knowledge of how to behave in the alpine.
    Groups and groups of freeride-fashion styled people passing by at the lift and not a single beacon signal. People passing others very obviously waiting for the first of their group (and none of them slow skiers) to come out of a steeper section, just to then stop in the middle of the chute, start a discussion and unpack camera gear, blocking off the group that was there first. It was a rather safe day, but nevertheless..
    Luckily, there were also some nice people and smiling and good skiing to lighten our mood so we didn't need to knock someone's teeth out.
    Sounds like a hint that you need to be skiing some place else?
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Sounds like a hint that you need to be skiing some place else?
    That's how I feel about it, too. I guess that's what you get when you think that once in a while you can have a lazy day with no skinning, hiking or going on the more remote runs
    ~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~

That crash wasn't on the first run down the short t-bar on the daunferner side? Saw something just like that while waiting, looked like fun
    Naw it was way over on the other side (Skiers right) where the 4 chair is. Towards the end of the day. But yea there were definitely some epic cashes, on the lip of every cliff it seemed as if little sharks were waiting to kill someone. Saw so many one ski landings during the day, some pretty epic saves for sure. I have skied Stubai pretty often and after skiing around its pretty disappointing how few steep sections there are. There is tons to hike to but was alone and couldn't really be bothered. Was a good pow fix but for such a huge resort felt like every line was mini golf like.

Excellent day today

Yesterday unfortunately i missed because i drove my car into a snowmass and i couldn't digg it out easily

Nice!

Where is this picture from? Flying to Geneva tomorrow but not sure where to go from there yet.

Tomorrow it'll be still like this. Then there will be 3 days nearly of summer. New snow from 1.800/2.000 ms on will come likely for the next we . . .
    Last edited by uli; 03-21-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sqikunst View Post
    There is tons to hike to but was alone and couldn't really be bothered. Was a good pow fix but for such a huge resort felt like every line was mini golf like.
    If I had seen your earlier post sooner, i'd have dropped you a PM. Was out by myself aswell and didn't fancy doing longer hikes alone. Next time may be!

Quote Originally Posted by herr_stoiber View Post
    +1! Esp if the Norronas are colour coordinated matching His and Hers

Mont du Vallon in Meribel this weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l3E9IbA_jo

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonically_Neglected View Post
    Fuck, fuck, fuck.
    vibes man! it could be worse, it could be during a season when it actually snowed.

Just for reference some skiing buddies told me that the Epic POV fall of the ridge line was in Stubai. A IBK local apparently, does anyone know which ridge it was exactly?? Was having a look around was it over by the T-bars on skiers left??

Today:

Uli keeping things rolling again! Thank you.

Here in monte rosa the big switch has turned to spring skiing. Isotherme up to 3000 during the day (more like up to 4000 on the sunny sides) and staying as high as 2000m in the night,maybe. But surprisingly good coverage,better than in jan and good corn to be harvested everywhere. Some peeps said that boot deep pow was to be found on some northern aspects, so get the skins out.

Btw, is there any good isotherme maps to be found for the alps,like all the countries in one location?
    Wetterzentrale gives some charts but they are so goddam inaccurate and trying to find some charts for some godforbidden valsesian or stubaital area is a bit challenging..

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

in case you are wondering how long the season will last: until april 10th according to the forecasts

dry and warm. and then warmer
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by sqikunst View Post
    Just for reference some skiing buddies told me that the Epic POV fall of the ridge line was in Stubai. A IBK local apparently, does anyone know which ridge it was exactly?? Was having a look around was it over by the T-bars on skiers left??
    Klar posted photos of the spot in the original thread on the POV footage. I don't think you can see it clearly from the piste area, but its somewhere over to the T-bar side.

Season lasts as long as you want. Reflecting and looking a bit around you always will find something. As for me, last season 6 june i did Fontanabran (2.700m) from Marecottes (1.100m). Could put on the skis at 1.800 and i had a real nice skiing in firn from the top.

Last absolutely was Weissmies (with the help of the telecabine of Saas Grund) 8 july.

So what? Instead of prophecies catch the day . . .

Last Friday in France

epic Weizenradler conditions in Austria!!!

you just have to know where to go!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Rivals "you should have been here last week" for smack in the mouth smugness.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Ditto.....ahhahahaha come onnn there's just +6° at 2000mt, not too bad ahahah
    Always Fight Gravity

Quote Originally Posted by teosickrider View Post
    .... Always Fight Gravity . . . .
    Why? Isn' t gravity that nice invention of creation which makes us go down fast? So, why fight it?

Quote Originally Posted by uli View Post
    Why? Isn' t gravity that nice invention of creation which makes us go down fast? So, why fight it?
    Cuz you have to fight it to go up before comin down!
    Always Fight Gravity