Page 362 of 821 FirstFirst ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 20518
    So to everyone who is starving for powder we got a whopping 3 cm of fresh here in Slovakia last night.

Go get sum.

10 min. hike = good snow in Zinal

Well it looks like my accomm is in the middle of nowhere in Cham, but it is dirt cheap, they have wifi and we can use their bikes to get into town if it's not snowy.

We can do some cool shit with the money we're saving I'm sure.

It feels pretty extravagant to have booked a guide for the best part of 3 weeks, but fuck it, I was high for the whole year on what we did with him for a week last time. That shit is priceless, and with kids on the horizon it might be a while till we get back.

It doesn't change the fact, however, that it hasn't snowed for a month. Hmnmmmm......

Yesterday I retraced IridePow's tour from last weekend (minus the Brunnistock). 7:00 a.m. train out of Engelberg and didn't make it home until 9:00 p.m. (missed the bus by 20 minutes so had to kill a couple hours in Isenthal). Cool tour but the snow quality was pretty variable on the down (lots of refrozen tracks interspersed with a few shots of nice stuff). Ton of terrain up there.

Ruchstock looked nice:

Looking down into the Grosstal which is the final destination (St. Jakob):

Looking back up the final descent (start is near upper left then down to the right):

Ssssshhhhh..... the first rule about is Zinal is don't talk about Zinal ; )
    Skiah for life

Bump... sorry have to ask again... Anybody ever ski the Val di Sol area in Italy? Any good? Recommendations....
    Skiah for life

Some non-pro photographers might be intersted in this little photocontest...

Still some decent snow to be found in Verbier today

News the other day said something about "nullgradgrenze laagt u drie dusig meter". And today, yep, +1°C at 9am at drie dusig meter. Still some fun stuff around though.

Paxti, your pic is screaming for bringing the ice axes out - tons of waterfalls to be climbed.

Yesterday morning 11°C in Vienna - WTF?

17° in Varese, Italy. Now.
    Always Fight Gravity

Almost double figures at ~1600m in NW CH alps right now. Nice corn today. Some soft snow in shadowy aspects. Not much snow left on sunny aspects, even at ~2200m+.

it's biking weather. +++vibes+++

A 45 minute hike in Avoriaz on Saturday brought some couloir fun. Soft, but tracked, as expected around here now Still, got the legs burning

Haven't posted in a while even though the Far East has received it's share of good days (and I also managed to travel to the west on one occasion or the other).

We decided to give the Zederhaus region - above the Tauern tunnel - a try.
    Some south-facing slopes already have spring conditions with the sun cranking up its energy output for the past days. Yet many aspects have a nasty, breakable layer of crust, which only gets manageable when softened by the sun. Due to the rather strong winds we skipped the summits and did multiple ascents on the nicest parts of the bowl.

Summary: urgent need for snow. Ullr please deliver.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    It's still dumping in Norway. Scroll down for 'accumulated 7 days'

http://www.skiinfo.co.uk/Country/Nor...-9671-en.jhtml

Anyone home?

Thinking of heading up tomorrow or Wednesday.

All and any help appreciated please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pow View Post
    It's still dumping in Norway. Scroll down for 'accumulated 7 days'

http://www.skiinfo.co.uk/Country/Nor...-9671-en.jhtml

Anyone home?

Thinking of heading up tomorrow or Wednesday.

All and any help appreciated please.
    Sadly stuck in sunny and warm garmisch-partenkirchen for the next two weeks, but according the pow-stoke-posts in my facebook-feed sogndal and voss/myrkdalen is going off.

Sogndal touring:

Voss lift served

Book a plane to bergen, then it's an hour drive to voss/myrkdalen...

Quote Originally Posted by patxi View Post
    Yesterday I retraced IridePow's tour from last weekend (minus the Brunnistock). 7:00 a.m. train out of Engelberg and didn't make it home until 9:00 p.m. (missed the bus by 20 minutes so had to kill a couple hours in Isenthal).
    Nice one!
    It sounds like you guys had a long day. The transport kinda sucks on this traverse. You are actually faster going to Zurich then going back to Engelberg, even though Engelberg is just a few kilometers away. I hope you still had a good time.
    Yes the wind and the high temps are not treating the snowpack very well.
    However below the hut if you headed to the right (east) there was still quite a bit of powder to find I thought.

I toured in St Bernard on Saturday and Chamonix on Sunday. Although conditions are far from great at either place, I must say that St. Bernard seemed much nicer. For some reason it seems as though it rained till much higher in Cham the last time it stormed than in St Bernard.

That's it, I'm going to sacrifice here and buy my first pair of piste skis EVER. Guaranteed snow.

Was in St Anton over the weekend with a group doing mostly piste skiing which was fine, but even they were looking pretty thin over there....
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

I'm going home after 8 weeks here. Dumpage guaranteed starting Saturday.

it's time to start the SACRIFICES....burn baby burn!

Finally got emptying the camera:

Two weeks ago, Austria:

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I'm going home after 8 weeks here. Dumpage guaranteed starting Saturday.
    Thanks for taking one for the team, Toby. Now beat it, will ya? We want our winter back.

Spent two miserable days in Krippenstein with a friend of mine from Whistler who was supposed to spend 3 weeks skiing around the Alps ... sent him to Norway instead, looks like much higher chance he will score some freshies there

Back to work before it starts snowing ...