Page 353 of 821 FirstFirst ... 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,825 of 20518
    Quote Originally Posted by Arno View Post
    ^^^ there's going to be a group of us in the val d'annivers this coming weekend if anyone is around
    What are you planning, Scoz?
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

staying up in Zinal from 19-23rd; should be quite a good group of random internet people. will play it by ear but at present not sure anywhere looks likely to be stellar but we should be able to find some nice high north facing stuff...
    might you be around?
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

I was supposed to be in San Diego for a Merc CLS 63 AMG launch but stupid US Embassy can't renew my i-visa in time. As tempting as the skiing sounds, I think I'll be on a Volvo gig instead now.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Shiiit! Vibes!

The alps situation is looking damn grim. Within the next week only mid-austria seems to get 20-30cm of snow. The rest,almost nada.
    Only weird spot is apennines,where the could be up to one metre within a week...

Outlook looks really dry at least untill 2nd-3rd. All the storms seem to head norther route (south norway) or south of alps (apennines/balkans)...
    Be, meteosuisse gives return to cold(er) and snow (not that much, though . . . ) up to the plane from wednesday/thursday on . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I was supposed to be in San Diego for a Merc CLS 63 AMG launch but stupid US Embassy can't renew my i-visa in time. As tempting as the skiing sounds, I think I'll be on a Volvo gig instead now.
    oh well... hope the volvo gig involves saunas and scandie hotties

i just bought a car based on one of your reviews - it had better live up to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Arno View Post
    staying up in Zinal from 19-23rd; should be quite a good group of random internet people. will play it by ear but at present not sure anywhere looks likely to be stellar but we should be able to find some nice high north facing stuff...
    might you be around?
    Arno, Chowdahridah and myself have booked our flights so we will be there next weekend. I will pm you my contact details so we can get hold of each other.

Ripz - pm sent, if you have a more exciting proposal than Arno we will organize a pitch :-))) pm sent
    The beatings will continue until morale will improve.

arno, irbis, i'll let y'all know closer to the weekend. pm's coming.

the only other more exciting option would likely be mountain biking (not kidding). i was supposed to go yesterday but work got in the way.

i was bouldering in a t-shirt for the last two days. the next weekend looks like bouldering again. I'll probably need warmer clothes, but i prefer bouldering to skiing 5-10cm on boilerplate and /or crust depending on height and aspect.

the italian low seems to stay in italy......
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I hope things turn out less dire than 5-10cms...

Initially planned to ditch work next week in exchange for some turns.

But if conditions do not drastically improve I'll stay in the mode I'm currently in anyway - the biking mode that is.

Too much doom and gloom here. Verbier was still ok on Sunday. Snow had consolidated over night but blue skies and chalky off piste was a lot of fun on another bluebird day. With colder weather returning don't imagine it will deteriorate much up high before next weekend.

Top of banana was a bit hard but got softer on way down

And still plenty of untracked faces around

And out of control Kuros

Nice crusiing down to La Chaux

^^ third picture is definitely a keeper.

austria is suffering in the heat, more base left south of the border.

Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Arno, as Irbis mentioned we are flying into Geneva Thursday night. Are you staying in Zinal? Do you have any recommendations for places to stay?
    Skiah for life

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    Too much doom and gloom here. Verbier was still ok on Sunday.
    Top of banana was a bit hard but got softer on way down
    +1.
    Bec des Etagnes was fine as well. Although being always prepared for funny snowcrust surprises helped a lot

Quote Originally Posted by ChowdahRidah View Post
    Arno, as Irbis mentioned we are flying into Geneva Thursday night. Are you staying in Zinal? Do you have any recommendations for places to stay?
    dropped Irbis a PM but I am staying in the Trift Hotel. The only previous time I have been there I was in an appartment so don't really know what's good and what isn't. Seems to be reasonable availability - I emailed all the hotels on the Zinal website over the weekend and plenty had availability

Some good snow in the cold spots...
    [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3142465&postcount=35"][/ame]

Anyone in Chamonix/Mont-Blanc area that wants to get some lines in? I've been itching to hit up the serious off piste on Aiguille du Midi for some time. Have all glacier and avy gear.

bobinch - those pics make me wish I had gone to Verbier instead! Keep ripping it up!!!

Going to be heading down for my first turns of the season - anything within a 6hr radius of Munich going to be any good? Or at least less crappy?

yes Mr Hicks I'm baaaack
    that's not bad...
    www.nosiesta.com
    IFMGA Ski & Mountain Guide

Welcome back!!!!

PM sent!

boob - check these out:

http://www.powderguide.com/wetter.php?ID_Sub=2802
    http://wepowder.com/weather

i'm considering a weekend trip to engelberg if it pans out...and nothing falls a little closer to home. TBD.

Faltschonhorn 3022m, Vals (CH), January 16

Did a quick tour up to the Faltschonhorn (eastern Switzerland) on Sunday.
    Down in the town of Vals (1250m) it looks quite dire, but the ride up with the gondola to 1800m brings you back to the snow.

Up to about 2200m it rained the days before, and temps on this Sunday were again really high. But above about 2400m the snow started to get powdery again, although a bit windpressed also. All the way on top (3000 m) you could even find some pretty good powder, however not for a very long section.
    Lower half of the run was slushy on this warm afternoon.

It was a peaceful, bluebird Sunday, but we definitely need some freshies again sometime soon!

Peacefully to lay a skin track all by yourself

Top section

Top third

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    boob - check these out:

http://www.powderguide.com/wetter.php?ID_Sub=2802
    http://wepowder.com/weather

i'm considering a weekend trip to engelberg if it pans out...and nothing falls a little closer to home. TBD.
    Thanks for the links I'll be in engelberg this weekend - my fingers are crossed so hard right now my knuckles hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    ^^ third picture is definitely a keeper.

austria is suffering in the heat, more base left south of the border.

Nice shot Klar. Always posting the good shots. Looks like a good line. If you don't mind saying, where was it taken? Looks like a good little spot.

I believe there is some snow in the making. But more east is better... ?