Page 324 of 821 FirstFirst ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... LastLast
Results 8,076 to 8,100 of 20508
    Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    last weekend did not suck in milan....

Trop de bagarre, for my taste . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by freak View Post
    ps. is furka open already?
    From the Uri side the Furka Pass road is open to just a bit above hotel Tiefenbach (approx. 2150m)

You can find status/the approximate pass openings for Uri here:
    http://www.ur.ch/de/bd/aft/aktuelle-passsituation-m2095

last weekend did not suck in milan....

Congratulations! Only one more to go. Are you going to the Bernabeu?

Today was the first semi-decent day in Engelberg (at least I could see the top of the mountain) in the past couple of weeks. Of course they decided not to open it up for skiing. Maybe tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by patxi View Post
    Congratulations! Only one more to go. Are you going to the Bernabeu?
    thanks! as I wrote below my avatar in september, in milito'o I trust...

my heart and my son will be at santiago bernabeu, I will suffer in front of a TV

I don't want to hear that the season has ended (for most of my buds it has). So I'm planning on heading south this weekend for some touring.

Anyone got any sweet options? My glacier skills aren't up to date at the moment so I'd prefer non- glaciated terrain. And if I can be picky, preferably on the N- side of the main alpine ridge (otherwise it's an effing LOOOOOooong ride to get there; we start friday evening from the Netherlands).

Don't need pow, corn is fine; don't need super gnarly terrain either just wanna go walkies, cruz and get some last(?) turns in with a buddy of mine.

Recommendations anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonically_Neglected View Post
    I don't want to hear that the season has ended (for most of my buds it has). So I'm planning on heading south this weekend for some touring.

Anyone got any sweet options? My glacier skills aren't up to date at the moment so I'd prefer non- glaciated terrain. And if I can be picky, preferably on the N- side of the main alpine ridge (otherwise it's an effing LOOOOOooong ride to get there; we start friday evening from the Netherlands).

Don't need pow, corn is fine; don't need super gnarly terrain either just wanna go walkies, cruz and get some last(?) turns in with a buddy of mine.

Recommendations anyone?
    there are some glacier-free nice spots around gran s.bernard pass (mount fourchon, for instance, and some others) that should be in good conditions despite the coming warm wave

Probably need to choose a mountain pass as starting point.
    Some choices in CH at the moment:
    Klausenpass
    --> Clariden, nice tour, but will be busy (+ exposed ridge to summit, so bring some climbing gear)
    --> Gross Schaerhorn
    Flüelapass --> Flüela Wisshorn, nice tour

Did it last year around the same time: http://www.backcountry.ch/index.php?...ailnach&id=257
    conditions a few days ago: http://www.skitouren.ch/gipfelbuch/detail/id/42690

Julierpass
    Oberalppass --> Pazzolastock, not sure what conditions are, not too exciting of a tour
    Lukmanier
    Furkapass (open to Tiefenbach) --> Chli Bielenhorn, Galenstock, Tiefenstock
    Some glaciated terrain for Galenstock, Tiefenstock plus exposed climbing at end
    (stay a night at the Albert Heim Hut)
    snow was not that great when we were up there a few days ago, not supportive, broke constantly through the top layers, but maybe it settled a bit now

eventually Gotthard opens this weekend

any beta on tours off the nufunenpass? i always thought that looked like a cool pass to start a tour from. 2500m, is that the highest? still closed till the end of may.

Heh, I was discussing Nufunenpass over lunch today.

Looks like we might be hitting one of the passes around Andermatt but still no certain plans...

there are some glacier-free nice spots around gran s.bernard pass (mount fourchon, for instance, and some others) that should be in good conditions despite the coming warm wave
    I was there on sunday. Blind out but lots of snow as you can guess from this, shot sunday at 9 in the morning with -8°:

They got 170 cm of snow in the last 10 days (above ca. 2.300m)

There are also the Aiguilles Rouges (Chablais) the mountain range north of the Mt-Blanc (Le Buet, Cheval Blanc, Tenneverge, Tour Salliere) which have excellent snow coverage and only small glaciers without any technical problems.

Morever, either the Val des Rhemes or the Val Grisenche, 2 side valleys of the Vallee d' Aoste in Italy (Refuge Benevolo, Refuge Bezzi) are in great conditions. There are glaciers but as well only small ones without considerable problems.

It was snowing down to 1000 m in Engelberg this morning. I haven't been up the mountain for a month or so but went up this afternoon when it cleared for the last of the season (Titlis will be open for skiing through this Sunday). Nice snow up top and still good coverage. Pretty manky down low but you can still ski to Truebsee (~1800 m).

^^^ :-)

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    White and Swiss green. A great combo

sweet laub?

patxi you live in heaven.........................
    thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    sweet laub?
    i'd say entrance of steinberg and galti.

nice pics.

i was watching the forecast the last weeks, but not one single sunny day

I'm going to be in Chamonix the 28th-31st of May (next weekend). A lot of you were a big help the last time I headed down there and I was wondering if I could solicit some more advice. I'm still hobbled and won't be skiing. This is more of a pleasure, sight seeing and photography trip. I've been up the du Midi but we definitely plan on doing this again. I've also done the train up to Mer de Glace which was great too. But, we're looking for some other places to hit up. Any suggestions? Where would be some good vantage points for photos? I will be able to do some limited hiking but nothing too rough.

If anyone is in town and wants to meet up for some fondu or a Poco Loco burger, PM me! The wife, dog and I are just looking forward to a relaxing weekend in Cham and enjoying the beauty of the area - one of our favorites in Europe. We will also be stopping in Zermatt for the night that Monday. We haven't been there yet and thought it would be worth a look.

thanks!

epic weekend......

esteban cuchu cambiasso rising the cup while wearing facchetti's shirt.
    nothing else matters.
    Last edited by verbier61; 05-24-2010 at 04:48 AM.

OK!

Heading south now within two weeks. Will be touring around saasfee->zermat->cervinia->gran paradis->monte rosa.

How is the snow holding up there? Apparently monte rosa has mindblowing conditions atm,2m of snow at top of salati and still snowing...
    What about saas area? Anyone been south to gran paradis?

Bumpah!

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

btw, i heard even g3000 had 1M of fresh pow last weekend

btw, i heard even g3000 had 1M of fresh pow last weekend
    I didn't see that yesterday ;-) But Weissmies was in excellent conditions:

And skiing pretty nice . . .

that's cool. we were in anzere today and i think we saw the Weissmies across the Valais...

Hugh Conway Guest
    that's cool. we were in anzere today and i think we saw the Weissmies across the Valais...

Sweet pic

Today another nice rando, Mt-Fourchon, ultra classique, only a few people and despite the modest elevation (between 2.300 at Casa Baus and 2.900 on top) you could put on the skis immediately. As you can perceive from the photo:

Snow was not bad even though it was the second night in a row without any night freezing beneath 3.300 m.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Sweet pic
    we do love and appreciate where we live.

Quote Originally Posted by uli
    Today another nice rando, Mt-Fourchon, ultra classique, only a few people and despite the modest elevation (between 2.300 at Casa Baus and 2.900 on top) you could put on the skis immediately.
    nice uli - post more stoke more often. maybe i'll give up a bike ride sometime to try that!