Page 775 of 820 FirstFirst ... 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 ... LastLast
Results 19,351 to 19,375 of 20494
    Good lord - those are Colorado-style slab avalanches.

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    It was not remote triggered. There is a track straight into the trigger point. The avi report (above) explains that the trigger points are shallower weak layers that then propagate to much deeper layers.
    Attachment 452069

Another example here. Shallow at the trigger point but much deeper out to the lookers left
    Attachment 452070

Attachment 452071
    I'm guessing I'm correct in presuming the skier who triggered it lost his life?
    it was level 4 that day yes?

Sent from my SM-G780G using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    I'm guessing I'm correct in presuming the skier who triggered it lost his life?
    it was level 4 that day yes?
    It was avi 3. At avi 4 the high lifts are not opened

strictly statistically based, the most accurate move would be to forbid sunny weekend days, if you want to reduce deaths in the Alps. And driving by car.
    an "inbounds/oob" scheme would mean that kinda half of the northern alps mountains would be regulated like a McD order.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    strictly statistically based, the most accurate move would be to forbid sunny weekend days, if you want to reduce deaths in the Alps. And driving by car.
    an "inbounds/oob" scheme would mean that kinda half of the northern alps mountains would be regulated like a McD order.
    Friday and Saturday are lethal. Sunday less.

Would be a shame 🤷♂️

Quote Originally Posted by twat View Post
    Friday and Saturday are lethal. Sunday less.
    as i am complaining most of the time about too many other people in the mountains and have a good track record of this : i def. see fridays becoming the new saturdays. it gets way more crowded on fridays compared to the other weekdays.
    kinda dissapointed about capitalism. i expected people to have less free time, not more. damn.
    i may pledge for a 7-day-work-week for the average job. if you are a good capitalist, you shall not have free time! would reduce the deaths - 19 on austrians slopes this season. and i would not need to complain so much.

btw anyone motivated to do some runs at Ortler or Turin - as communist i have plenty of free time.

It is because of the pandemic. Homeoffice and 4day weeks feed the slabs.

Ora et labora could be an alternative.
    Not so popular atm... but could be a retro thing.

Btw cant ski abroad. Thx for the offer

as i am complaining most of the time about too many other people in the mountains and have a good track record of this : i def. see fridays becoming the new saturdays. it gets way more crowded on fridays compared to the other weekdays.
    kinda dissapointed about capitalism. i expected people to have less free time, not more. damn.
    i may pledge for a 7-day-work-week for the average job. if you are a good capitalist, you shall not have free time! would reduce the deaths - 19 on austrians slopes this season. and i would not need to complain so much.

btw anyone motivated to do some runs at Ortler or Turin - as communist i have plenty of free time.
    i work in an "old school" capitalist environment (aka a factory) in the italian dolomites, i might take up your offer at some point once The Man grants me enough free time

Any Western Switzerland/ Cham based Mags skiing this weekend? I'm keen to escape the Verbier crowds.

Huh? Did my post from this morning vanish?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Huh? Did my post from this morning vanish?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...66#post6828466
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by JackSkier View Post
    Any Western Switzerland/ Cham based Mags skiing this weekend? I'm keen to escape the Verbier crowds.
    I'm in town with the family but could get away and link up. I'll send you a PM.
    Everybody's gotta have parkas. I'm talking custom parkas. Two words: "client development." They see all of you out there cutting the powder in your matching Schweikart & Cokely parkas, you'll make an impression. You will thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I noticed. I'm getting old. Dementia is coming for me.

@subtle plague
    are they stoking that up a little too much or what?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20230324_101013_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	452994

Mon /Tuesday should actually be the tits.

Before? Not so much.

Mon /Tuesday should actually be the tits.

Before? Not so much.
    Mon Tues no good for me. Friday I'll be out and about though in the paznauntal. It's got to be my turn to get the big skis out

Huh im getting confused. I thought we're talking about this weekend?
    Next week is still very uncertain.

on another topic, Eberg vs. Amatt which one and why? I'd done neither but am thinking I wana visit CH next season

Looking forward to tits! I’m thinking west oriented valleys should pick up bigger snowfalls? This winter ya got to squeeze every flake out of a storm 😉😂

on another topic, Eberg vs. Amatt which one and why? I'd done neither but am thinking I wana visit CH next season

Andermatt does not have any snow, relatively speaking. So the swedish fortress further north it is.

And this north Stau on Monday should love Engelberg.

Edit: Uh.. ahm. I can't read..it seems.

Generally speaking the vibe is more relaxed at andermatt. Terrain spreads people out. Engelberg is one of the frenziest in the alps. Still love it until 12, when everything is tracked

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Looking forward to tits! I’m thinking west oriented valleys should pick up bigger snowfalls? This winter ya got to squeeze every flake out of a storm
    No eastern alps should see decent Northern Stau on Monday as well. It's probably harder to find trees with a base on Monday, than to find snow.

No eastern alps should see decent Northern Stau on Monday as well. It's probably harder to find trees with a base on Monday, than to find snow.
    That’s the truth in the trees. I’m headed to Landeck for a week so it oughta be easy to find some Fun

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    That’s the truth in the trees. I’m headed to Landeck for a week so it oughta be easy to find some Fun
    when you in Landeck?

Engelberg is bigger and more developed than Andermatt. More expensive too. More hotels, bars and cachet. The sidecountry around E-berg is big, scary and more consequential than Andermatt. All things considered between the number of lifts and resources, it's probably "better" than Andermatt. The Laub is amazing, as are the glacier runs and all the great lines off the Jochstock/Jochpass.

Andermatt means a lot of things though. Typically, it's the Gemsstock tram that's the crown and standard bearer. You can ski any direction off the top of the Gemsstock without ropes and with only a decent sense of ski savvy. There's definAtely cliffs and scary shit, but nowhere near what the backside of the Titlis at Engelberg has. But Andermatt has the whole sunny Natschen side that connects to a series of fun lifts leading over to Sedrun, so it's more spread out over sunny groomers with interesting sidecountry. Disentis is it's own whole universe with a lot of just sweet, steep sidecountry.

I have a preference for Andermatt/Disentis. probably mostly because I remember it when it was a Swiss military training site and kind of a third order dump that was cheap and got a lot of snow. No pretty social climbers like at other more important locales. Plus, you should go hang out with vendul who's a font of good skiing and abundance.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<