Page 673 of 820 FirstFirst ... 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 ... LastLast
Results 16,801 to 16,825 of 20483
    Anyone else skiing yet in Switzerland? We moved from the US to Zurich over the summer and I'm looking to meet some people to ski with! All this rain must mean snow somewhere, surely!

I‘ll be skiing Switzerland for sure!!! snow line is dropping quickly, it’s still a bit early but it’s good to fill some holes

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums

Meh summer is still around the corner and coming back this week with 0 deg line at 4000m Snow is 10cm on crevasses and rocks. I'm still in summer hibernation and remain so until I see a real wintry weather pattern.
    You can definitely ski on piste glaciers somewhere, but I'd go climbing or biking instead.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using TGR Forums mobile app
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Welcome to yrop! I am an innsbruck based skier. So be me guest if you go east. Depending how many u are. U can have my couch...

If you wanna tour around here, easy.

No clue about the glaciar conditions in Tirol at the monent. No conditionreports(CR) on powderguide.com

Peace

Am based in Zurich, mostly ski in Klosters as keep a small place there. Not skiing yet, but was biking on snow yesterday... PM to connect if you want!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

[QUOTE=nordekette;5772982....
    No clue about the glaciar conditions in Tirol at the monent. ...[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, just click
    http://www.bergfex.at/hintertux/wetter/berg/
    and start ripping a Tyrol glacier off-piste...
    Hotels, rooms? Don`t worry, just park your car at the lift station and fall asleep. Tyrol is tolerant.
    Hintertux got a huge parking lot.
    Last edited by Tom from Austria; 10-09-2019 at 01:25 PM.

For planning purposes....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A185F2E7-EBED-420F-A3C5-24E40852E491.jpeg 
Views:	117 
Size:	279.3 KB 
ID:	297667

So no good places to tour yet, huh? I'm usually on skis by now, so just itching for it I guess! haha

Thanks for all the friendly reaching out, I will definitely be sending some PMs when the time comes!

Stelvio is in great shape so is the area around saas fee, Zermatt and Cervinia

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    Stelvio is in great shape so is the area around saas fee, Zermatt and Cervinia

Above 3000m.

Snowing hard in northern Norway right now! I know it's been a while TGR, but i moved into a sailboat and have been on my own ski & sail mission since then.. Sailed from Finland to Norway last year and up to Svalbard this spring. This will be my second winter in northern Norway and I'm now going all youtube, so if you want to see me hopefully not freeze to death in the boat then go ahead and maybe subscribe to the channel as well, and help me get this thing off the ground. I'll be posting regular updates there this winter.

If you're planning to come to Norway for skitouring or to one of those commercial sail & ski boats then hit me up with any questions and I'll answer as best I can.

edit: crossposted to TR forum, just because I like to spam

^^^ Nice, keksie! Ive been following your IG for some time, didnt realize it was you.- your YT trailer looks excellent, will be watching.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    So no good places to tour yet, huh? I'm usually on skis by now, so just itching for it I guess! haha

Thanks for all the friendly reaching out, I will definitely be sending some PMs when the time comes!
    I am Zurich based, too. I never made it to ski with hedonism but this winter looks promising as work load goes down to half-time by 2020. So if you want reach out, too for skiing and such!

Quote Originally Posted by keksie View Post
    Snowing hard in northern Norway right now! I know it's been a while TGR, but i moved into a sailboat and have been on my own ski & sail mission since then.. Sailed from Finland to Norway last year and up to Svalbard this spring. This will be my second winter in northern Norway and I'm now going all youtube, so if you want to see me hopefully not freeze to death in the boat then go ahead and maybe subscribe to the channel as well, and help me get this thing off the ground. I'll be posting regular updates there this winter.
    Update your IG signature. Awesome. Will be paying attention to youtube channel. Lykke til.

Hey Kelsie, subscribed! Good to hear you are still sailing around.

snows coming...

http://m.chamonix-meteo.com/en/index.php

100cm of fresh @ 2500m in the next couple of days according to Chamonix Meteo!

Today at Kilpisjärvi, Finland

Lähetetty minun FIG-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Lähetetty minun house: oi, legit winter up there.

And bobinch: yeah who needs 2500m snow?

The good thing is it'll get colder AND stay moist. So the coming week should finally see hints of winter.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post

And bobinch: yeah who needs 2500m snow?
    Blimey you’re glass half empty! It’s the height of Lac des Vaux which will hopefully open next weekend if this keeps up... And opens the access to a certain Mt Gèle above it ;-)
    Last edited by bobinch; 11-03-2019 at 04:48 AM.

big up euros. may the snow be with you.

so going to be in euro around around new years and a bit after. will be aiming for zermatt/cervinia if the snow is good. if not will stay in the cities. will be willing to chase snow pending plans/sched. will hopefully get a early season workout & exercise some legs on some bomber groomers to help get legs in shape for season. and perhaps some powder...

any euros want to put in some work on the slopes, line out and line up a ski. cheers.

also, any intel on crossing borders in a rental car, e.g. swiss/italy or italy/spain?

the colors look alright

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snow.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	372.6 KB 
ID:	301045

Quote Originally Posted by vegas View Post

also, any intel on crossing borders in a rental car, e.g. swiss/italy or italy/spain?
    well, I can tell you you're gonna have a hard time crossing the border between italy and spain by car (good intels here https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...jpg?1547145650).

Other than that, if you have a passeport, and don't plan to cross the border on a closed mountain road it should go smoothly.
    For swiss-italy you can take a train with the car (brig-isele)
    If you come to austria you need to buy a sticker to drive on austrian highways. There can be random ID controls etc coming from Italy and going to Austria or France. There can also be traffic jam. It really depends on your luck and on the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by vegas View Post

You need a sticker for Austria -- you can buy them in gas stations leading up to the borders and they sell them by the month. Most rental cars should have a little clip on the windshield where Americans would put their jiffy lube stickers -- put it there. As I understand it, you need to have it placed before physically crossing the border.

You also need one to drive on freeways in Switzerland, though not on secondary roads. The Swiss pass, IIRC, was only sold as an annual pass and was much more expensive.

Other than that you sail across borders and never know it.

Heh. I totally missed the Italy Spain part. But as one german soccer player once said "Milano or Madrid doesn't matter, at least I'll be playing in Italy.

I think he wanted to know the insurance thing. Should not be a problem EU wide, but I'm not 100% sure about Switzerland EU. Since we have a million cooperation things I guess it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Heh. I totally missed the Italy Spain (boarder)...
    Yeah, subtle plague, he apparently means the crossing from Italy to Spain
    on board of a private yacht, preferably 120 meters long. The car is on board.