Page 389 of 820 FirstFirst ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,725 of 20494
    Little bit of snow forecast for today and tomorrow, taking thursday off work to go up to the stubai glacier to finally get my season started. Anyone else planning on catching some?
    also probably heading to stubai tomorrow, sent you a pm
    Do you guys really think it is going to be worth it???

I want to head up as well but don't have my Season Pass yet!!!!

probably not and it's going to be bad visibility also but I haven't got anything else to do and would fancy some skiing

probably not and it's going to be bad visibility also but I haven't got anything else to do and would fancy some skiing
    Fuck now I want to go tooo..... AGH the problem is I literally have all my shit here in IBK but on the other hand I have a MCL sprain that is 4 weeks old is is still a little sore!!!!

But I WANT TO SKI!!!!!

Sorry to intrude on your shred talk, but I have a quick question about camping in Austria.

Specifically in Vorarlberg.

I'm driving down from Germany with my girlfriend to check out a university program in Dornbirn, and we were going to try to camp outside of the city. I did quite a bit of googling and there was even a thread here about sleeping in your car, but nothing about having a car and pitching a tent.

We'll probably be in Dornbirn for just a day to check shit out and then make a trip around western Austria. My birthday's on Monday so I just want to make a vacation out of it.

So if i find out of the way spots around dark and then just bail at dawn is there really going to be any problem. Are people concerned about commando camping this time of year. The only reason I am worried is having a car parked in weird place might get someone interested. I can find invisible spots for the tent.

We did this for a week in Norway once, but i know they have a little different set of rules (totally awesome) and I'm from Wyoming where you can kinda do what you want. So I don't want to get busted but i'm tempted not care and just pick good spots and hope for the best.

I thought I'd get the TGR dirtbag/dentist take on it.

ps. If things go well, I'll be uprooting from my ancestral shredlands and skiing the Arlberg. So I might be around this thread a little more.

Ah sounds legit guys!
    I have a question, is there anyway to get lift tickets in Europe on the cheap? Are there possible deals that foreigners/students can access?

^^ there are student tickets available in ~50% of the resorts. but you wont save much. a season ticket isa good choice if you stay in one place. ranging between 300 and 1000euros.

Anyone interested in hitting Hintertux on 29-31 Oct? I'll be there with a few friends anyway, let me know if you're heading that way.
    You really need to stop knowing WTF you're talking about. (Tippster)

no. but just because i am spoiled.

but we could meet for a beer in Innsbruck, sure. Saturday is the TGR movie in the Metropol-cinema playing.

Goin to hintertux this week for a couple days of work. Hope to get an hour or two in for some skiing. What skis? Something turny or is there room to open it up a bit? Got my explosivs mounted and ready to go, but considering something with a shorter turn radius.

there is some pow up there, but i will still be waiting.
    a buddy just reported from today: " faceshots 9, sharks 1"

Oh, by the way, it snowed the other day, up high.
    Mountains look good.
    Ski, Bike, Climb.
    Resistence is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Onward View Post
    Goin to hintertux this week for a couple days of work.
    You.Mother.Fucker.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    You.Mother.Fucker.
    Hah. Sorry dude. It's a dirty job etc...

Thanks Marius; some freshies with a good chance of sharks sounds like a job for my sploders.

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/eur...t-20112012.asp

I don't think this got posted yet. Looks definitely better than what we had last year and pretty awesome for those in the east! (The last pic says it all.)

Is that link still working for you? All I see is a comment feed - no article, no pics.

Edit: Hrm.. might be behind paywall this week.
    Last edited by Yemble; 10-25-2011 at 09:16 AM.

We got the goods last week:

(video by Lubezen)
    snow is almost gone now, but it's a good start

Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    Sorry to intrude on your shred talk, but I have a quick question about camping in Austria.

Specifically in Vorarlberg.

I'm driving down from Germany with my girlfriend to check out a university program in Dornbirn, and we were going to try to camp outside of the city. I did quite a bit of googling and there was even a thread here about sleeping in your car, but nothing about having a car and pitching a tent.

We'll probably be in Dornbirn for just a day to check shit out and then make a trip around western Austria. My birthday's on Monday so I just want to make a vacation out of it.

So if i find out of the way spots around dark and then just bail at dawn is there really going to be any problem. Are people concerned about commando camping this time of year. The only reason I am worried is having a car parked in weird place might get someone interested. I can find invisible spots for the tent.

We did this for a week in Norway once, but i know they have a little different set of rules (totally awesome) and I'm from Wyoming where you can kinda do what you want. So I don't want to get busted but i'm tempted not care and just pick good spots and hope for the best.

I thought I'd get the TGR dirtbag/dentist take on it.

ps. If things go well, I'll be uprooting from my ancestral shredlands and skiing the Arlberg. So I might be around this thread a little more.
    JR - You're a Jackson transplant eh? The Arlberg has some crazy sick terrain. I spent 3 weeks snowcamping in the Arlberg last march, specifically in the Lech/Zurs valley. Its super easy, just find some trees for cover and youll be fine. Find a general parking spot you can park overnight then pack your shit in, that way is easiest. I have some pics of it but they're not posted on my blog yet, I'll let you know when I do. This time of year is dead for tourism in the Arlberg so I wouldnt worry about any nosy peeps, as long as you aren't camped next to a road/popular trail... Be prepared for rain/snow as well... Good luck out there! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Yemble View Post
    Is that link still working for you? All I see is a comment feed - no article, no pics.

Edit: Hrm.. might be behind paywall this week.
    Looks like it doesn't work anymore. Well, damn. The forecast had normal precip for France / Switzerland, higher than normal for most of Austria and super high for eastern Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    camping in Vorarlberg
    officially its forbidden to camp beside in the high alpine afaik. sleeping in the car for 1 night is fine (by law, to relax for more driving). but probably nobody will care. just camp away from peoples home.
    if someone catches you, just say you are a stupid us-citizen from overseas, haha

i hope he's right.

Planning on spending three months in Austria, located in Krimml / Gerlos. Gerlos and the Zillertal area will be the home mountain - both the Tirol skipass as well as the Salzburg skipass cover this area but with the Tiroler card you get Hintertux and with the Salzburger you get Fieberbrunn etc.

Any comments on which to get? Both cost around 600e, but you can get the Salzburg card for around 500e if you get it before December.

tirol snow card has more resorts that are closer to zillertal. fieberbrunn is also included in the tsc. most of the stuff in ssc is pretty far away.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

A new first for me, work now has me based out of San Remo, It. for the winter. So finally get to try the Alps. Downside is I'm limited to trains or the occasional rental car. Limone Piemonte is about 2 hrs by train, other than that it looks like I pretty much have to go thru Turin (4 hrs from here) to get anywhere. Can probably do Sestriere on a long weekend, but most anything else, Courmeyour, Chamonix, St Maurice, etc etc looks like a day lost travelling each way so those have to be extended trips. Any info/tips appreciated. Thx

Hey what the fuck is going on with the tiroler Snowcard. A buddy of mine rang me on Friday when I was not in IBK and could not get back before 6pm. Apparently IVB was selling season passes for 298 euros for locals. WTF where was the PSA on that shit and does anyone know about how long they are gonna be selling them for 298!!!!!!!!