Page 490 of 821 FirstFirst ... 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,250 of 20507
    Yo mags, last minute, but seems like steep skiing is in good condition now, and I really want to go back and check out the dents du midi couloirs in Vaud tommorow (at the backside of les marecottes more or less). Who is into steep skiing and wants to join me? The topo map of the area. If I somehow feel like a superhero, I want to try and ski both couloirs on the right in the image on this page: http://www.camptocamp.org/routes/452...une-nw-couloir

Quote Originally Posted by blondin View Post
    ... Zugspitze ...
    Nice to see my old stomping grounds in the background of one of the blog photos. I never made that Neue Welt descent, no-one was ever willing to take me. Plus the idea of the mandatory rap scared me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    nice, a classic and with powder!

what's the coverage like, generally? say, at Fernpassrinne? or the außerfern resorts? enough to ski trees in berwang nicely?

sqikunst: yeah, good spot for bad vis...
    coverage at lower elev is medoicre at best but also depends on the exposure. I think the Fern probably has better coverage. I might check out something near Mittenwald tomorrow...
    Tschuss
    that's not bad...
    www.nosiesta.com
    IFMGA Ski & Mountain Guide

Anyone gonna be around in west swiss/ france area next week? Im thinking of passing through there on the way to val d'allos... Anyone been in that area? Would be stoked to have some beta or potentially meet some Mags along the way...

I will be in western ch^^^

Orash - can't do tmrw, but during the week could work.
    Alkares - I'm in Nendaz. If you're around here feel free to get in touch.

This guy (nathan wallace) frequently uploads vids from Cham. Looks like conditions are good

^^ i think you should lose your teletubbie camera setup and do some more pole cam shots. i recently saw a video where the guy holds a polecam with both hands straight in front of him. super rad perspective and i'm sure it's not annoying at all. might kinda suck if you fall though? also maybe some dubstep?
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

^^ he is a cham guide, so he rides where the clients want. Check out his video with Seth Morrison...

^^^don't think he is a guide....just a local pro skier from mammoth. And, he can also rip high angle pow....see footage from last May on the Rond and the NNE.

^ http://www.blackcrows-skis.com/index...mid=21&lang=en

"
    [.....] Former journalist for Powder magazine in the United States, he worked for the european magazine 2 Freeski, before dedicating himself entirely to his passion for the mountains. He is now planning to become a mountain guide and recently passed the entry exam to the French guide system. Skier and climber of high level, the General Wallace last year took part in his first Himalayan expedition. Rock and fire, Nate is savage but never insane. A true mountain man
    "

Still great snow to be found in Tirol on North facing stuff. Its been cold enough to keep it fluffy.

This morning. @ Klarr - The couloir at the top/ the one that goes down the other side of the mountain; of the one you gave me tips on. That thing is so aestetic. Is that a skiable line in the right conditions? Does it come out to civilisation or is it a long like out?

I'm sure he can ski circles around me, was just saying that I found the video... most interesting.

Some soft fluff was had today at gargellen, north aspects were skiing suprisingly good as well. Hoping this next dump is good before the rains come...

Quick Col du Passon w an outta town mate. Bit wind crusty on top but down on in it was pretty nice.
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

Quote Originally Posted by jumpturn View Post
    And, he can also rip high angle pow....see footage from last May on the Rond and the NNE.

Quote Originally Posted by sqikunst View Post
    Still great snow to be found in Tirol on North facing stuff. Its been cold enough to keep it fluffy.

This morning. @ Klarr - The couloir at the top/ the one that goes down the other side of the mountain; of the one you gave me tips on. That thing is so aestetic. Is that a skiable line in the right conditions? Does it come out to civilisation or is it a long like out?
    Good stuff getting after it Skiqunst! How long did it take to skin up there? Are u talking about a couloir that would drop back towards Fulpmes? Or am i getting disorientated now?

^^ Yea it heads down to Fulpmes. It has a really nice looking entrance but hooks to the left and has some exposure and then you can really see where it goes at all.

We are heading back in tomorrow to try some of the other couloirs. On Friday putting the skin track in the pretty deep snow then the scramble around the big rock in the middle it took us 3 1/5 hours from the spot in the trees where the skintrack starts. Today took us 2 hours to get up today. It always amazes me the effort it takes to put in that first skin track. Its in now and there is still good snow in it but there are 4 or 5 other options that are still untracked so thats the plan for tomorrow.

Any mag wisdom on schladming? I'm going there in a week for the alpine world champs, will be working most of the time, but have a couple of days off. Will bring a pair of 88mm blizzards for the work days, but will also bring something fatter in the hope that we'll get some snow while we're there.

A search here did not yield much info, just some bike stuff in sprocket rockets... From the piste map it looks like low angle and lots of trees, so I guess something short, rockered and tree-friendly is the ticket?

I know obertauern and other steiermark resorts are close by, but I'm not guaranteed to have a car on my days off.

Any info appreciated euro mags!

"Let's ski this steep powder run at the same time so we can get good footage" is not what I'd call a sustainable way to have a long backcountry ski career.

Beautiful line and skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by sqikunst View Post
    ^^ Yea it heads down to Fulpmes. It has a really nice looking entrance but hooks to the left and has some exposure and then you can really see where it goes at all.
    No idea. Nothing ever caught my eye as a reasonable ski line there when looking up from Stubaital. Would suggest not trying until you've checked... Various rather obvious options drop down to Schlick (further looker's right if looking from lizum side, consult map first).
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by keksie View Post
    haha @ that clip, can the shizzle get moar real anymore? mad dubstep wubwubwubwub, hey brahs look at me i'm so hardcore, sry you can't see my rolex but my goggles are really fucking bling bling and i look like europe's own blurred11, i never use my poles but prefer to hold this stupid camera 24/7 instead, oh yeah check me rip this mad 20 degree pow pow, eeepic!
    hehe my thoughts exactly.
    Aaand he got the go pro stick steeze going. Mad props got out to the future of skiing Brah!
    ANd im getting old I couldn't watch this generic Dubsteb noise. It will go the same way as drum and base, 2step, garage and grime once teh kool kidz finde the next big electronic thing. (they probably have already found it in London or Berlin, but it will take another two years until it pops up in ski vidz )
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    "Let's ski this steep powder run at the same time so we can get good footage" is not what I'd call a sustainable way to have a long backcountry ski career.
    Simul vids on 5.1 and 5.2 are best left to the pros...'cause the videoman has to rip to keep up with the leader and stay steady...waiting for some of this on 5.3 and 5.4....rather the the "groomers!"

Quote Originally Posted by Onward View Post
    Any mag wisdom on schladming? I'm going there in a week for the alpine world champs, will be working most of the time, but have a couple of days off. Will bring a pair of 88mm blizzards for the work days, but will also bring something fatter in the hope that we'll get some snow while we're there.

A search here did not yield much info, just some bike stuff in sprocket rockets... From the piste map it looks like low angle and lots of trees, so I guess something short, rockered and tree-friendly is the ticket?

I know obertauern and other steiermark resorts are close by, but I'm not guaranteed to have a car on my days off.

Any info appreciated euro mags!
    hey, won´t be back home till 10th or so. but easy to explain, Planai: hike up krahbergzinken (~1h) from the highest point of planai. Hauser Kaibling: couple of fun short couloirish runs down the north side of the top (gipfellift). if theres blubird, avydanger is low and your not scared of hights then check out edelgrieß down the dachstein south side. about skis, theres everything to be had in the region if weather/snow permitts, so i can´t really help you there...
    Last edited by suntoucher; 01-27-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Simul vids on 5.1 and 5.2 are best left to the pros...'cause the videoman has to rip to keep up with the leader and stay steady...waiting for some of this on 5.3 and 5.4....rather the the "groomers!"
    Unimpressed.