Page 420 of 821 FirstFirst ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ... LastLast
Results 10,476 to 10,500 of 20509

Thread: Snow for the Euros.

So how is the conditions holding up in cham after a day of sunshine? Is it all tracked out? Would it be worth going there this weekend or will it all turn in to a big mogul party by then? Might have an opening to go there Thursday- Sunday....

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    cool! avalanches! they must be so core in cham these days!

I'll ad some pics later... killswitch destroyed her arm on friday so no real riding since the valais.

I had fun yesterday though. sadly without her. set of minor sluffalanches in the new snow. really interesting to see how a layer forms within the snowfall. a slight change in temps and wind and suddenly the 15cm that had fallen during the day were slidy (below treeline). sonnenkopf was quite deep at the end of the day. it started with 20-30cm (down /up) and ended with 20more. sadly we could not ski the really good fluffy stuff on friday because the fun ended after 10min
    Just a big slough, like class 1-2. The lee of the ridges loads up, and can go easily. One morning two years ago, the guys who equip the arrete triggered class 3 avalanches on both sides of the arrete by clearing snow off the track.

Too bad about killswitch (great moniker!). I hope she heals up quickly.

Time for more snow dances...too many sunny days in a row....

Quote Originally Posted by Glomstulen View Post
    So how is the conditions holding up in cham after a day of sunshine? Is it all tracked out? Would it be worth going there this weekend or will it all turn in to a big mogul party by then? Might have an opening to go there Thursday- Sunday....
    Should be some nice moguls by the weekend...it really depends on how much hiking you are prepared to do. High winds from the west and northwest scoured exposed aspects. The sun should be baking the East facing....Sharpen your edges....ideal training conditions....

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    killswitch destroyed her arm on friday
    +++ vibes for the girlfriend

... and yeah, that's some cool car pic, vihren:

today was a good mix between full snow contact

and only partially

pic:freak

Check out the Alpenrose/google it. I may be in Cham Sat and Sunday.

It is 16 euros a night.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasSki View Post
    Hi,

I'm going to Cham next week - I've an accommodation from the 15th to the 22nd, but I would like to get there a bit earlier on the 12th. So I was wondering if any of you knew a cheap place (for a Uni student) where I could stay from the 12th to the 14th (so 3 night) in Cham' or Argentières.

I've been looking on the internet but most of the cheap places I found are all ready full :/.

Thanks,
    Thomas

NB : If any of you is driving to Cham the 12th from Strasbourg or Basel and has a place in their car and be willing to take me it would be great. I'll pay my share for gaz and it'll avoid me 8 hours of train ...

FUUUUCK why did I leave chamonix last night???? Epic FAIL!!! at least I'm in austria now where its deeper than buddhism

Been having some great touring out the the rheintal up to treeline around 1600m. I've had some amazing tree/pillow runs and everything is filled in really nicely. Nothing like having a tree skiing paradise in your backyard...

We've easily got 2 meters around 1000m, and everything below that maybe half meter to a meter. Creamy turns on all aspects below tree line, I was at Grusch Danusa the other day and it was windfucked on top, but crazy sweet in the trees. Jakobshorn was also open this weekend although I'm sure all the snow was lown off the top as well.

Hope it doesn't stay warm too long, little/no snow forecasted in the next 5 days...

Don't think this has been posted here, found on another forum:

I've been on the arete when it was unprepared, but we were wearing crampons and roped up etc - skiing it is a different story.....

Oh and a question for the Euro Mags:

A friend of mine has Down Syndrome and she is a very competent skier. She competed in the Australian Championships last year and has qualified for the World Championships in Turkey this year.

Her family have invited me along to coach her in preparation for this trip. We are seeking a resort near Geneva where we can access GS and SL courses for a week or so prior to the comp, during the week of Feb 20th.

Any suggestions of contacts in the region?

Just wanted to point out that this thread is 420 pages long and the snow is in big!! Tirol forever and keep on toking!

I should not have opened this thread .... wish my St. Anton trip was this year and not the last. Some great pics in here!

a few verb pics (my son, made by matteo bramani)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a1.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	107446   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	107447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	340311_2626120486978_1074242911_32620093_1701670280_o.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	107448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a3.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	174.4 KB 
ID:	107449  

Verb, You should be very proud.

Quote Originally Posted by CarveMan View Post
    Don't think this has been posted here, found on another forum:

What forum Carveman? That's Idris. He can talk the hind legs of a donkey. He used to post here often and an all round decent bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Orash111 View Post
    Check out the Alpenrose/google it. I may be in Cham Sat and Sunday.

It is 16 euros a night.
    Thanks a lot for the answer ! I'm going to check it out.

Posted this on the Swiss Mags summit thread too...irbis and I are flying to Geneva this Fri evening for two full days of skiing...anyone want to meet up? We're up for either lift-served or touring, have rented a car and haven't yet reserved accommodation so we're flexible.
    You really need to stop knowing WTF you're talking about. (Tippster)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    What forum Carveman? That's Idris. He can talk the hind legs of a donkey. He used to post here often and an all round decent bloke.
    Found it on snowheads.

Anyone able to help with my disabled racing questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    Very decent bloke, he used to collect my used deep fryer oil (I am a chef) to fuel his van with. He makes very pretty skis, but gosh they are expensive.

I met a Canadian dude at Snowbasin that ran a mobile knife sharpening service for restaurants, he converted his fleet to run on biodiesel and powered them with the leftover oil from the restaurants. Great plan and good skier too.

Nice snow on the Marbrés Couloir, Courmayeur, Italy, January 10, 2010.
    Last edited by jumpturn; 01-10-2012 at 01:08 PM.

enjoy the ultimate blurryness... meh. instead of getting blurry raws i should just switch to the sports automatic mode... im not a photog :/
    the first two are from our valais trip...

one from new year:

my-right-arm-is-not-part of my body steeze:

the netx two are form sunday.
    yeah i can shoot without motion

but moving objecst? no sir! especially sad since he popped a nice little pillow before that pic. but a blurry cloud flying over a blurry something is not cool...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deep1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	523.7 KB 
ID:	107467  
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

From last weekend in Slovakia

http://www.3limits.com/zimna-fotogaleria/vratna-pow

All photos by Vlado

Victor

Last edited by Hicks; 01-10-2012 at 11:53 AM.

So I will get my new passport in January and I have enough sky miles to go somewhere in Europe, please tell me where I should go based upon conditions so far? I figure it's time to enjoy the good Euro to dollars ratio.

PS I am the Snow Buddha,first time I go somewhere they get a good dump. (Las Lenas-2 meters, Jay Pea-1 meter, Magic Mountain -1 meter,Park City 1.75 meters)
    Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Don't think you can go too far wrong if you book a flight to geneva or Zurich and finalising your plans nearer the time
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

Quote Originally Posted by Sea 2 Ski View Post
    So I will get my new passport in January and I have enough sky miles to go somewhere in Europe, please tell me where I should go based upon conditions so far? I figure it's time to enjoy the good Euro to dollars ratio.

PS I am the Snow Buddha,first time I go somewhere they get a good dump. (Las Lenas-2 meters, Jay Pea-1 meter, Magic Mountain -1 meter,Park City 1.75 meters)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arno View Post
    Don't think you can go too far wrong if you book a flight to geneva or Zurich and finalising your plans nearer the time
    Look, just tell him to come to Courmayeur at the beginning of Feb!
    You really need to stop knowing WTF you're talking about. (Tippster)

Quote Originally Posted by CarveMan View Post

Anyone able to help with my disabled racing questions?
    Try calling BASS Ski School in Morzine, they've a lot of top British trainers and should be able to help you out with protocol for hiring training lines in the region.

Also the guys at JJC training might be able to help although I suspect they won't be running their own course that time of year (peak school holiday weeks)