Page 583 of 820 FirstFirst ... 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,575 of 20494
    The same view three times.

Up

Down One

Down Two

Certainly not nipple-deep powder, but the little Gervasutti is always a fun day out.
    Short stories about snow and rock, and pictures, too

@peds you BOSS!

Some nice turns to end the Haute Route with:

http://instagram.com/p/1PuoZyyME2/

We eventually got a last minute window of weather before we left so did Verbier to Zermatt. I've previously climbed both the Chardonnet and Passon so apart from not skiing the Val d'Arpette I feel like I haven't missed much.

Will write up a TR on the plane back to Oz.

yesterdays walk around the blo-g/ck. #smartphonephotography

more here with some text, in case you can handle german, and some art from freak

View from Gran Paradiso the other day:

120mm wide skis were not the best tool for the uphill...

Back to one of my favourite places today:

coldwater, you're going up the wrong way! gonna be hard to get to the cross from that direction.

Don't know if this has been posted:

Maybe some hope for some summer powder?

Probably heading to Stubai this weekend, friends is suggesting taking a guide since it`s late season and a glacier, Any good recommendations?
    gracias

Patrick at Freeride Center Stubai is a good guy (and presumably a good guide). Plenty to do at Stubai where you don't need a guide, mind (caveat if you know what you're doing bla bla).

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Had a great time at El Tarter, Grandvalira, Andorra last week with my young lady.

Wall to wall sunshine.
    Spring snow.
    Deserted.
    Great deal on the holiday.
    Cheap booze.
    Couple of forays into the surrounding slackcountry / backcountry

Nerys

More pics and vid for those interested
    http://forums.ski.com.au/xf/threads/...il-2015.70391/

Quote Originally Posted by coldwater View Post
    Patrick at Freeride Center Stubai is a good guy (and presumably a good guide). Plenty to do at Stubai where you don't need a guide, mind (caveat if you know what you're doing bla bla).
    We ended up spending the day with Patrick. Awesome guide.

How's the weather looking? Some pretty colours coming up on the forecasts but will it be cold enough for snow down to a reasonable level?

any suggestions as to where it would be a good place to ski/tour this weekend? equally important is any of you there? If I come I would be on my own
    The beatings will continue until morale will improve.

We had fantastic conditions in the first 10 days of April this year on the Balkans. Dumping so late in the season brought a new hazard - bears! Dunno if you guys in the Alps have this problem (I always seem to end up in the Alps late Jan, so I wouldnt know), but it definitely added a new perspective in my mind, besides avalanches. Reportedly, a guy had a close encounter with a bear on the same terrain the day before. It gave chase, so he threw his poles on the side and straightlined the rest of the face.
    This is from the 8th April:
    vimeo.com/124793925
    The mumbling in the beginning is me asking my brother whether it was him in my peripheral vision or a bear

here is what I have been doing the last few weeks. not very skiing related.
    From or local bike park here. Very nice crew of guys who have created an awesome little park for us. And it's legal!

edit. If you want to watch the "real" 720p HD dont watch it on vimeo, but instead go to vimeo and download the original because vimeo has shrunk my 720p version from 300mb to 97 mb... thus creating a million video artifacts.

Last edited by subtle plague; 04-26-2015 at 05:54 AM.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

^ Terrifying stuff. I still don't really appreciate the physics of biking, to me it seems that there's a lot more in the way of immobile objects to splinter your limbs across, but I guess that has more to do with my own perception of the sport.

Went for an attempt at the Spencer Couloir with a couple of friends last week, we didn't even get slightly close to it, but a fun ski was still had. Seems a pity to waste what little (grainy, glare-y, out-of-focus) footage we got, so I stapled this together.

Short stories about snow and rock, and pictures, too

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by banzai View Post
    We had fantastic conditions in the first 10 days of April this year on the Balkans. Dumping so late in the season brought a new hazard - bears! Dunno if you guys in the Alps have this problem (I always seem to end up in the Alps late Jan, so I wouldnt know), but it definitely added a new perspective in my mind, besides avalanches. Reportedly, a guy had a close encounter with a bear on the same terrain the day before. It gave chase, so he threw his poles on the side and straightlined the rest of the face.
    vimeo.com/124793925
    The mumbling in the beginning is me asking my brother whether it was him in my peripheral vision or a bear

^^^ Awesome! Love the immigrant song runs.

Thanks once again Mike! The beer tap is slowly, but steadily growing.

Led Zeppelin make anything awesome. Its science

Springtime Adventures

It seems that almost all my friends around here are done for the season, so I have few partners for high alpine spring tours / ski-mountaineering objectives.

Wondering if there's anyone around who's interested in partnering up for some such activities (in the Haute-Savoie or Valais) over the next month or so. If so, send me a PM!
    you don't know if you don't go

Quote Originally Posted by butToFly View Post
    It seems that almost all my friends around here are done for the season, so I have few partners for high alpine spring tours / ski-mountaineering objectives.

Wondering if there's anyone around who's interested in partnering up for some such activities (in the Haute-Savoie or Valais) over the next month or so. If so, send me a PM!
    I would definitely be on this since I'm on holiday till June. But, I just packed up all my belongings including all gear + ski's to be shipped for my US move.

Quote Originally Posted by banzai View Post
    vimeo.com/124793925
    Cool, we left Albania just as it started dumping but at least we got to enjoy the storm in a rental car with shitty summer tires.

Quote Originally Posted by peds View Post
    ^ Terrifying stuff. I still don't really appreciate the physics of biking, to me it seems that there's a lot more in the way of immobile objects to splinter your limbs across, but I guess that has more to do with my own perception of the sport.

Went for an attempt at the Spencer Couloir with a couple of friends last week, we didn't even get slightly close to it, but a fun ski was still had. Seems a pity to waste what little (grainy, glare-y, out-of-focus) footage we got, so I stapled this together.

Very nice. I miss the aggressive chickens but I think I spy a very ambitious top of the head man-bun. I'm with you on the biking.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Maybe some hope for some summer powder?
    It is a bit dry mind, summer powder on rock!

A fairly dry Chamrousse on Thurs

Couloir de Via Ferrata would have been great, 10cm of fresh powder

but the whole thing purged after my first turn... maybe a sign to go on a diet? :-)

nice snow lower down

job done