Page 457 of 813 FirstFirst ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,425 of 20323
    @Roeler: This looks like the visibility in Eberg sucked big time. All that white stuff in the face --> this poor boy can't see a thing.

@klar: I guess I have to take my "short window of opportunity comment" from last page back. Looks like Tuesday still provided the goods. The Foehn didn't destroy your pow yet? Here in Switzerland it got quite warm. (+5C at 2000 m)

Quote Originally Posted by freak View Post
    thats what i was going to ask. did you get a super-heli-trip or what? and why did you eat the heli first?

well no. the heli was pure decoration. we (on top) and the heli were not edible nd we forgot the heli first and "borrowed" it from some other present we got, so it's not on the first pictures.

the heli trip has been in the making for some time..... we just thought the theme would be cool for a wedding cake.

but yes haines 2013 is the plan.

and thanx @ all

@ iride: yesterday (monday) the vis was good in the morning... and since eberg is done after 3hours.....
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

great shot! I'm here until sunday evening - yes, would be fun to join up! I'll send you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    hey mr stoiber, how long are you in the area for? wanna go skiing?

marius today @ arlberg

~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~

There was actually a bit of sarcasm in my earlier statement about the visibility in Engelberg.
    Sure the global visibility did not look perfect in the video, but I meant more the local visibility because of the constant face shots. Nice little video.

Quote Originally Posted by blondin View Post
    The weather dude is calling for loads more precipitation over the next 4-5 days. Bring. It. On.
    Steep skiing will be where it's at
    You're up for some stuff around the turn of the month?

And congrats to the freshly married.

Quote Originally Posted by IridePow View Post
    @klar: I guess I have to take my "short window of opportunity comment" from last page back. Looks like Tuesday still provided the goods. The Foehn didn't destroy your pow yet? Here in Switzerland it got quite warm. (+5C at 2000 m)
    there is no bad snow at the arlberg. ever. that's why it's the arlberg.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

awesome! I'd totaly go there!

btw. anyone around tomorrow? I'm still debating whether there will be enough fresh......right now the 20cm don't make me fuzzy woozy headed.

Trying to figure out the same dilemma no rain in IBK as of yet and might just hit a glacier tomorrow in Tirol but if the weather is moving in slower then predicted could mean tomorrow is no bluebird (visibility issue) in the morning. Hate to say it cause Stubai is most mini golf up high but making the drive to Tux doenst really seem that appealing to me. If anyone else is heading to Stubai or wants to leaving IBK pretty early to take advantage of hopefully good weather in the morning and maybe 20-30 cm of pow. If anyone wants to meet up white fullface blue jacket, yellow pants on praxis powboards. Of if anyone wants to sit in the dirty passenger seat of my car its also a go. PM if anyone has any better suggestions as where to hit tomorrow. Was thinking hochfügen but do not know how it fairs with systems coming from the southwest or obergurgl but cant be fucked to wake up that early not knowing wht the snow is going to be like.

Damn you gas prices!!!

I'll ride in anyones' passenger seat if they're willing to pick me up here in East Swiss

Train is damn expensive here, if I had more money I'd be at the Arlberg right now lol Costs too much to go there and back daily though, and unfortunately I don't know anyone there to crash with.... So my current day range is here in Graubünden....

well i might consider drinving to graubünden tomorrow engadin seems to have gotten something (looking at ueila.ch) ...... where are you at?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    You're up for some stuff around the turn of the month?

And congrats to the freshly married.
    You know it! It could turn out pretty awesome - right now it is!
    Lets shoot for the 2,3,4 May if that works for you.
    Blondin
    that's not bad...
    www.nosiesta.com
    IFMGA Ski & Mountain Guide

well it looks like above 1500m it is going to be worth it.

http://webtv.feratel.com/webtv/?bgco...Y6DRW2ow%3D%3D
    Last edited by sqikunst; 04-11-2012 at 09:06 AM.

in addition one should notice the quite perfect ski technique. only to be found at the Arlberg. !!! sick11einself!!!

@squikunst: look out for us. fancy clothing, fancy skis, looking pretty awesome and complaining about the lack of terrain and snow in tirol all the time (when we are not busy with talking other bullshit).

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    in addition one should notice the quite perfect ski technique. only to be found at the Arlberg. !!! sick11einself!!!
    Definitely gets some points for the photo slutting turn.... I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by blondin View Post
    You know it! It could turn out pretty awesome - right now it is!
    Lets shoot for the 2,3,4 May if that works for you.
    Blondin
    Only got a window between the 27th and May 2nd as of now.

@squikunst: look out for us. fancy clothing, fancy skis, looking pretty awesome and complaining about the lack of terrain and snow in tirol all the time (when we are not busy with talking other bullshit).
    Just curious do you guys rock the 780 euro season passes for the arlberg and tiroler snow cards or tour when its not worth the Arlberg berg drive or ski there all the time touring for the good stuff.

This is just a question concerning next year. I was debating the Arlberg card this year but lucked out on a Tiroler Snowcard for like 300 bucks. The driving I do most of the time is roughly the same to get to terrain really worth while. Next year I am probably going to have to shell out 500 for the tiroler snow card but like I said just weighing options.

Off topic just curious what other IBK'ers do.

On another note will keep an eye out for mega steeze jonesies with perfect technique bombing minimum 10m cliffs tomorrow.

I don't know anyone with an arlberg season pass.

So you shell out 45,50 every time you go???

Edit @ Klar - Just read your blog see that you do a lot touring (according to your blog at least).

I have been there once this season and I didn't pay for the ticket because I'm just that rad. Not sure what the others do, I don't think they are as rad as I am so they're probably rich? Marius might be very important in a parallel universe. Perhaps they will chime in?

im really rad as well, so i go touring and get free tickets sometimes, nevertheless i think i bought two daytickets at the arlberg this season (hint, theyre 28.- or so before christmas) which is more than in any season before i think...

freak~[&]

soelden, 21st of march. pic by baschi bender.

i guess that was my last trip of the season... no more money left to go anywhere and the east of austria is in spring mode already. my bf is going to kitzsteinhorn tomorrow, and i'm going to my office. will be jealous all day

Seeking Accom. for 2 adults in Nendaz for 2012-13 season, PM if you know someone.....

Hey anyone know a good website for finding seasonal accommodation (3-6 months) in Briancon? or better yet, if anyone personally knows of someone renting out their place let me know please. for family of 4

^^ will ask, GD what months?

Good place to base yourself, lots of great options.

super day with herr stoiber and friend, great meeting you! picture shows the group near the top, h. s. and friend taking in breathtaking views of the inntal between the spectacular limestone towers of the kalkkögl. freak appears to be puking but he isn't.