Page 741 of 821 FirstFirst ... 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 ... LastLast
Results 18,501 to 18,525 of 20518
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Where to next week? Suggestions? Look like east Austria is the place
    How is the Montafon looking? I did that in 2020 before meeting the gang in Klosters. That was an easy train trip to Klosters. IIRC, just 2-3 hours and 1-2 changes. That would require a less travel time for you both to and from I think. I stayed in Gaschurn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    How is the Montafon looking? I did that in 2020 before meeting the gang in Klosters. That was an easy train trip to Klosters. IIRC, just 2-3 hours and 1-2 changes. That would require a less travel time for you both to and from I think. I stayed in Gaschurn.
    That’s one high on the list with easier access. Beer30 gave me some pointers

Latest info i can see indicates a skiff coming from the west.
    Any other intel out there?

Nothing in the forseeable future. Some clouds in the southern alps. If you want to come by we could go touring this week. I have some ideas. Snow in Northern Swiss is still good.

The Inlaws are gone.

Phone number is in your pm Box.
    Sorry for the delayed reply.
    The tgr app does not Show new pms sometimes?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Material donation - wanted outdoor equipment for the Ukraine.
    Special call to the ski+touring community: Everything we need here in a typical "cold night out" outdoor/ski touring adventure is in need at the Ukrainian boarders and in the country.

To be concrete:
    headlamps
    sleeping mats
    Sleeping bags
    Protection against the cold for women and children
    tents

How and where:
    You can bring your donated material to any charitable institution: Caritas, Red Cross, churches, local groups, etc. Everything is organized there and quickly finds its way to the border or into the country.
    Bonus points for hunters: binoculars, night vision devices, etc. Everything that is needed outdoors, in the field/forest.

my info is from caritas vienna headquarter yesterday, caritas on location and friends who crossed the boarder and are in western Ukraine and Kyiv. doesnt matter if you are in the flatlands of Netherlands, enjoying Swiss pow or the classic Tyrolean crusty mank.

5th day this season...it was good but I'm still pretty sad about our Winter so far.
    Down low things are starting to meltClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20220301_130632.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	408022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220301_130228.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	408023Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220301_130206.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	408024

Snow for the Euros.

You were in the wrong place, man. Last week was just incredible in the right parts of the Alps!
    Last edited by roQer; 03-02-2022 at 07:17 AM.

Well as a weekend warrior I I've mostly been too late. And last weekend we had the in laws here.
    I've also been climbing on days which could have been ok ski days.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Well as a weekend warrior I I've mostly been too late. And last weekend we had the in laws here.
    I've also been climbing on days which could have been ok ski days.
    you working on any particular problem? what rock you climbing on? our rock comes alive in winter. the friction on grit stone the colder it gets the better it gets

Sent from my SM-G780G using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

See the climbing stoke thread

roger that subtle plague

Sent from my SM-G780G using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

In Lauterbrunnen, I saw a baby stroller with a ski rack.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I've got a work trip to Munich next week and will have a day (maybe 2) to get out skiing. Looking at places easy to get to by train (avoiding renting a car). On my radar are Garmisch, Innsbruck and Kitzbuhel. Have Ikon so Kitzbuhel is "free". Forecast looks like they are all warm with some potential for snow at end of the week (when I would be skiing). I know Innsbruck best, but also know Kitzbuhel is huge and I'm sure would keep my interest. How's the skiing in Garmisch? I've only hiked there in the fall and never skied there. Any info/advice is appreciated.

Question: Poking around Chamonix and contemplating paying a guide €480 to do Valle Blanche. Worth it? Seems like a lot of flat glacier skipping...

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Question: Poking around Chamonix and contemplating paying a guide €480 to do Valle Blanche. Worth it? Seems like a lot of flat glacier skipping...
    No it really isn't. It's boring as fuck.

Ooof, I'm not sure that's fair...

It's an absolutely stunning place to be and there are a number of ways a guide can take you to make it more interesting.

(480 in these conditions tho...)

Have you looked at going with a non private guided group. It’s much cheaper.

https://www.chamonix-guides.com/en/a...blanche-skiing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not necessary if you have gear, you're competent with gear/glacier travel and ideally a partner.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I've got a work trip to Munich next week and will have a day (maybe 2) to get out skiing. Looking at places easy to get to by train (avoiding renting a car). On my radar are Garmisch, Innsbruck and Kitzbuhel. Have Ikon so Kitzbuhel is "free". Forecast looks like they are all warm with some potential for snow at end of the week (when I would be skiing). I know Innsbruck best, but also know Kitzbuhel is huge and I'm sure would keep my interest. How's the skiing in Garmisch? I've only hiked there in the fall and never skied there. Any info/advice is appreciated.
    Check your messages

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Check your messages
    Awesome! Appreciate it.

Hello Euro mags!

I'm one week out from the ski trip I have planned with my dad. Weather for the next week looks really bad most everywhere in the alps.

We need to finalize where we are going. We're meeting in Munich and have a car booked.

Any guesses as to where the best skiing will be in a week (starting March 19th) between the Dolomites, Mayrhofen and Lech?

I was in Lech last week, it was skiing well.

Valle Blanche should be on the bucket list of every serious skier. Skiing is meh but the scenery is gorgeous. Thrill descending from the top tram station alone is worth to go for it.
    No need for a guide if you pick a sunny day with a good weather forecast, just stay within the obvious tracks. Team up with at least one buddy. Otherwise basic rules of glacier skiing apply.
    No need for specific glacier gear if you strictly stick to the main routes which are quite easy to spot.

That’s a lot of money for one run. I’ve done it, also with variations, probably over two hundred times, never hired a ‘guide’ just find a local or follow a guided group. I do believe they have cheaper guided group options as well.