Page 347 of 820 FirstFirst ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,675 of 20483
    I want to hit up Ovronnaz or the surroundings ... unfortunately, the few ski buddies I have left the country for the holidays. If anyone wants to ski w/ me in the next few days, drop a PM!
    Last edited by dr_phil; 12-28-2010 at 04:58 AM.

record lows in Florida. a dusting of pow in Jacksonville. the snow gods follow and torment me. back skiing in switz on 8-9 Jan. maybe the snow will follow me back to europe. fingers crossed.

feliz navidad!

Currently transitioning between rain (?), graupel and snow here. Must be a big inversion because it was snowing 1000m lower down. Forecast is for a dusting, hopefully it's erroneously conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    aw crap. i passed a guy wearing all black with white goggles. i was gonna say something the next time but never crossed you again.

at least i know now that i went to the right place. i mean, if subtle plague is there means it must be the deepest, right?

I didn't realize this photo in time :-(

Home, sweet home . . . We were the first in that bowl For this season it was a great day and the forest down to the ground was a dream!

Yesterday, it was marvellous to pass the col in the high and to trace the backside which still was completely virgin. It's really great there are places like Verbier . . .

SkiBrain, another ripper chick, and I are heading to St. Anton for the week of February 20th. We are planning on skiing St. Anton, Lech and Zurs.

If any mags are around, we welcome the company

Slowly getting stoked for the trip, praying for fresh snow and looking forward to the apres.

yesterday

and yesterday ....

Quote Originally Posted by davidof View Post
    Playing on the low angled avy safe terrain somewhere around Grenoble backcountry yesterday

[IMG]/PHOTO_12381877_75233_7453630_ap_730X550.jpg[/IMG]
    LOW ANGLE POW-LINES RULE!!!
    when not on the snow what else do i do...

http://www.jatho-craftsman.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lostinthetrees View Post
    LOW ANGLE POW-LINES RULE!!!
    Yeah, you can get some strong arms polling through that stuff!

Then you'll be ready to onsight some 8as....

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    yesterday
    OK. I'll bite. Where should I point my car?

^^tirol. but it'll get föhned some more after it gets cold today..... --> perfect

I'll head to bleau/or cresciano (although i don't like the gneis granite crimp stuff...give me sandstone slopers!!!!) to do some bouldering.

engadine was ok, but wind affected. no tram face this time
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    ^^tirol. but it'll get föhned some more after it gets cold today..... --> perfect

I'll head to bleau/or cresciano (although i don't like the gneis granite crimp stuff...give me sandstone slopers!!!!) to do some bouldering.

engadine was ok, but wind affected. no tram face this time
    What no tram face pillow line like last year! We'll get on the snow voodoo right away to see if we can fix that problem!

I would like to check out Tirol and cortina at some point. Have car, will drive!

Well, there is always pow here; just got to hike higher.....

You can go to boki near Altdorf, where you will find extra sick limestone crimpers.... Maybe a little cold right now. Better to try castillon near Nice -> big holds, high angle.

Did i mention that there is No shortage of wind affected, iced up moguls here.... Good training for crusty mank.

Probably going to check out cmyr in the next couple days...

How's verbier doing? I need to exercise my pass over there.....

tirol is not that bad atm. but i wouldnt suggest to drive here. pics dont tell the whole truth

Wallis/ Goms wasnt bad touring 2 or 3 days ago. Temps were getting high though so not sure on current conditions...

If you know a bit where to go you'll still find nice coins with fresh and virgin snow (but before the next snowfall i won't tell )

i didn't say that it Is/has become bad, but it will become bad on wednesday the latest
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

These are from Dec 29th and 30th in Verbier

We were first in the Superbowl. Deep drifted snow up high so bloody hard work on the bootpack.

And windcrust at the top

But nicer lower down

Rosablanche on the 30th

Beautiful day and nice snow where sheltered from the wind

Again wind crust at the top but not many tracks despite the hordes in Verbier.

There were some tasty looking tracks going down the back towards the Lac de Dix

^^^looks pretty well set up.

Def worth an outing after the next snow.

How's bsmft?

Thursday did some touring on the Belledonne backside, around 5300' climbing, time to put the fritschis and rock skis away for this season though

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmQOVhQfr_0"]YouTube - Col de Comberousse Ski Tour[/nomedia]

Still some good powder but the first 800' of vert from the pass was wind scoured turning to a wind crust then real powder.

Saturday was better, nice climb to ski a N/W couloir in the 7 Laux. Still some first tracks to be found in the Bedina bowl too.

Unhappy about the forecast. We need snow, not the other stuff. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Unhappy about the forecast. We need snow, not the other stuff. Ridiculous.
    Yeah it is pretty sucky, rain to 2000m !

Found plenty of powder the last couple of days sorry for the super large photos but give me a break, its raw.

a whole zone to ourselves

still some rocks on takeoffs as mark found out

layindowncarves layingitdown

There was a fair bit of snow over the last day or two in the Salzkammergut area, went up the Zwolfhorn a bit late though 'cos of family and travelling schizzle, so most of it was pretty tracked but still a few knee-deep stashes. Did Krippenstein get any fresh?

Back in Innsbruck now though, anyone care to point me in the direction of somewhere on the Tirol Snow Card with decent snow, or is there none...?

POW located , but not 2100m of it (yet).
    [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3120958&postcount=8"][/ame]
    Last edited by jumpturn; 01-04-2011 at 03:09 AM.

Just a teaser from another day with the super-duper awesome Innsbruck crew:

Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Sorry for the crosspost, but if anyone has any beta on skiing in the Bayreuth area I'd greatly appreciate it over in this thread over here: [ame="http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210283"]http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210283[/ame]
    many thanks!