Page 674 of 820 FirstFirst ... 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 ... LastLast
Results 16,826 to 16,850 of 20494
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas View Post
    also, any intel on crossing borders in a rental car, e.g. swiss/italy or italy/spain?
    Not sure about insurance, rental company might be able to help there, but you might need to make sure car has everything to comply with regulations. Stuff like yellow warning vests, etc. Might want to check if there are differences between Switzerland, Italy band France. One I know for sure is that France expects you to have breathalyser tips with you if you get checked! Chances are you won't get checked, but something to think about.

Wax up your fat (rock) skis...

Woohoo! Where is this? Looks like could be Engelberg

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post
    Woohoo! Where is this? Looks like could be Engelberg

Verbier - Lac des Vaux

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    Wax up your fat (rock) skis ?
    No, you should rather lend wings to your pointed skis!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR2204 web.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	384.7 KB 
ID:	301098

Swiss humour...

has anyone been to Stubai today ? I'm probably gonna try to go for my first day of the season soon, and I don't know if I bring slalom skis, rock skis or fat ?

Quote Originally Posted by zede View Post
    has anyone been to Stubai today ? I'm probably gonna try to go for my first day of the season soon, and I don't know if I bring slalom skis, rock skis or fat ?
    No clue, but if doing anything that isn’t on piste, I think you’d be a brave soul to take anything but a rock ski!

Quote Originally Posted by zede View Post
    I just came back from Stubai - was quite good , but definitely bring your rock skis ! The next snowfall forecasted for the weekend could give you the first opportunity to bring your fat skis ..

Today near Tromso. Photo by my friend Otto Ponto. Gonna be kick ass season! You can ski down to sea level all ready.

Lähetetty minun FIG-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Quote Originally Posted by Ville View Post
    Today near Tromso. Photo by my friend Otto Ponto. Gonna be kick ass season! You can ski down to sea level all ready.

Lähetetty minun FIG-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
    FKNA, that be a right pretty pic!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Verbier officially opens this weekend. Hopefully skiing right down to town with the snow forecast for Thurs/Fri

The snow forecast you guys have for the next 10 days looks incredible, especially in the Swiss alps. Hope you guys can share some stoke with us high and dry Americans.

The second you get #instagram conditions(meaning 50cm on rocks) people go crazy.

Two dead Dutch guys in Sölden already.

Maybe they should have taken the wepowder online safety academy for only 29.90.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using TGR Forums mobile app
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    The second you get #instagram conditions(meaning 50cm on rocks) people go crazy.

Two dead Dutch guys in Sölden already.

Maybe they should have taken the wepowder online safety academy for only 29.90.
    From what I understand they had beacons and one of them managed to activate his avy backpack. Since it’s early season the Austrian warning system is not on track yet. They sent out first notifications though a couple of days ago.

I didn't say anything about equipment, but looking at the lwd Tirols blog post it seems like a pretty adventurous choice of line early season rock- and avi level wise after 3 days of stormy southern wind at the main alpine ridge.

And it says "two were caught while skiing down". If you want to roll the dice maybe you should do it one by one. But that's just my 2 early season cents.

Kept it safe on the glacier. I've had several bad early season tumbles. What a sublime first day!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

it seems like a pretty adventurous choice of line early season rock- and avi level wise after 3 days of stormy southern wind at the main alpine ridge.

"pretty adventurous" is an euphemism. Isn't this a textbook exposed line + terrain trap ?
    https://tirol.orf.at/stories/3020970/

I didn't say anything about equipment, but looking at the lwd Tirols blog post it seems like a pretty adventurous choice of line early season rock- and avi level wise after 3 days of stormy southern wind at the main alpine ridge.

And it says "two were caught while skiing down". If you want to roll the dice maybe you should do it one by one. But that's just my 2 early season cents.

That's fucking sad, season hasn't even started properly yet. As far as I can tell the lwd Tirol had put up warnings, but in the blog section, clearly marked that regular service hasn't started yet.

those colors go so crazy right now

Name:	schnee.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	426.3 KB 
ID:	301716

Name:	10.11.19.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	301717

definitely stoke to share. went for a small round this morning at kühtai approximately 100 others did the same. thanks to the pisteurs for grooming a bit.
    did just a shadowside walk with dense 20cm on nothing south side slopes were partly groomed too.
    not much snow there - so nothing is moving

may ULLR be with you

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    those colors go so crazy right now

Name:	schnee.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	426.3 KB 
ID:	301716
    We'll see about that.. Those Italian lows are notoriously fickle. But yes. There is a strong southern Stau tendency. With quite moderate Temps for early season. So it doesn't look bad indeed.

And zede: yes euphemism as it gets. I usually don't say anything negative about avi victims, but that line was borderline moronic. Both avi and early season rock wise. That's why I made the Dutch wepowder joke as they advertised their "online safety mountain knowledge course a few yearsvback".

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Kept it safe on the glacier. I've had several bad early season tumbles. What a sublime first day!

Stunning! Where?

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    Stunning! Where?
    Diablerets. How was Verb? Almost went there but group consensus was to stay on our pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post

Nice start bud! You guys have all the fun..