Page 730 of 820 FirstFirst ... 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 ... LastLast
Results 18,226 to 18,250 of 20487
    There is no train to Corvara.

There is no fucking "online registration" for a green pass for Americans, for the twentieth time.

LOLOLOL for the twentieth time, yes I know that.

Which is why, for the not-quite-twentieth time, I'm mentioning the Swiss option, which to my knowledge, is the ONLY online way for an American to get a SARS CoV2 vaccination pass recognized in the EU, at least for the time being. Others please correct me if I'm wrong or if this changes in the future.

No direct trains from ZRH to Corvara yeah, but honestly no direct trains from any airport AFAIK. Google maps seems to have a route through Bruneck via Innsbruck. Or you could take the direct train from Zürich to Milan and go from there.

Do I have to do everything for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post

Article doesn't mention the Swiss website which is what I ended up using. You upload your USA CDC vax card, passport and itinerary (I used my plane ticket pdf, I imagine you could use a train ticket as well), also including an address in Switzerland you'll be staying (they don't check, I used a hotel near the airport). The site is easy to navigate and straightforward. They charge 30 CHF, but get back to you promptly, very Swiss.

The Swiss pass is good in the rest of the EU due to reciprocity.
    I don't understand what this mechanism lacks with regard to skiing in Italy or elsewhere in the EU.
    No matter what. there is some indeterminacy, it's true. It's what I'm doing as well.

Now the Dolomites are cool and all, but there's a whole lot of good skiing across the Alps, even Zermatt, also covered by IKON for 7 days.

Regarding access, there's a fantastic train route from Salzburg through Bad Gastein, which is a very cool old spa resort with good skiing, then through a tunnel to Malnitz and on to Spittal and then Lienz, Fortezza, then Ponte Gardena/Waidbruck. Or you can hop off at Sillian or San Candido to go to the Dolomites from the North. Or take the train from Innsbruck over the Brenner pass to Ponte Gardena.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

We already have a Covid pass that the EU recognizes! Our CDC card is supposedly valid where green passes are required. Although, ahem, I wonder about that in some circumstances. So, why should I do this thing in Switzerland? I'm talking about having the ease and convenience of a digital pass married with the digital Dolomiti ski pass. They want the ski pass activated EVERY DAY with the QR code in the app. Thats easy peasy on the phone if you have a green pass. Otherwise, I have to go stand in line at the ticket office EVERY DAY with my CDC card to activate my pass. As it stands now. Who knows in a few months.

Our American CDC paper card is "supposedly" valid abroad, which is why I'm bringing mine. But it seems Europe utilizes the digital passes to a great extent, and who knows, some ticket checker or shopkeeper may be suspicious of some 'Murikan piece of paper they don't know the provenance of.

Which is why I'm getting a digital pass as well, even though it's Swiss.

You're looking for "ease and convenience" and wanting everything spoon fed to you, and complaining about entitled trustfunders. Heh.

From Italia.it

“Certificates issued by the Health Authorities of Canada, Japan, Israel, the United Kingdom and the United States are considered equivalent to the EU Digital COVID Certificate and therefore allow access to all services and activities listed in this section.”

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    We already have a Covid pass that the EU recognizes! Our CDC card is supposedly valid where green passes are required. Although, ahem, I wonder about that in some circumstances. So, why should I do this thing in Switzerland? I'm talking about having the ease and convenience of a digital pass married with the digital Dolomiti ski pass. They want the ski pass activated EVERY DAY with the QR code in the app. Thats easy peasy on the phone if you have a green pass. Otherwise, I have to go stand in line at the ticket office EVERY DAY with my CDC card to activate my pass. As it stands now. Who knows in a few months.
    Pay 30 CHF to get a Swiss Vax Cert online. That is all it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

There is risk. Some of us accept that. Some don't. It's OK. I kind of gravitate towards risk.

Hasn't beer30 iterated that he got his IT green pass by going into a pharmacy? I think he said he was skiing in Kronplatz Italy last week.

Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post
    Pay 30 CHF to get a Swiss Vax Cert online. That is all it takes.

This is what I mean. Nobody reads. Nobody can follow a train of thought anymore. Is it the drugs? Alcohol? Staring at phones?

I'll help. It isn't like Amazon. You have to establish an itinerary in Switzerland, which requires at least a flight in, maybe round trip (?), and at least lying about where you will be for the time you're there.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Hasn't beer30 iterated that he got his IT green pass by going into a pharmacy? I think he said he was skiing in Kronplatz Italy last week.
    Yeah, but Benny wants the address and directions to said pharmacy, as well as a phonetic English-to-Italian translation for the request for the digital green pass.

beer30, you got the goods?

He lives over there.

But, the last I heard from him, he told me to call a pharmacy. In Italy. Really.

To accuse your perceived enemies of that of which you are guilty. Classic.

He lives over there.

But, the last I heard from him, he told me to call a pharmacy. In Italy. Really.
    No he doesn't.
    He's an ex-pat who spends time in JH as well as Yurp.

He may even be a trust funder, but he visits Yurp in winter and explicitly wrote that he went into a pharmacy in IT to get his green pass.
    Kronplatz is on the train itinerary I mentioned, it's Bruneck.

People have been kind and try to help and honestly, you're just a hysterical bitch. Grow up.

So he's another stateless one, like Amsterdam dude with no ski equipment. If only.

Oh, and fuck off, too, if you insist with that last comment. I've only encountered snooty insults from most here, not good advice.

Well there is more snow on the way.
    None for benny , of course.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Some nice new maps on slf. Serious dumpage in central CH. and you can see why Candide was playing in Ovronnaz
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9171.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	394755

In the unlikely event anyone misssed this insanity from the GOAT

it's really the whole standing in line thing that chaps your ass, isn't it?

That footage has got to be from last season- looks like M.

On the subject of our beloved station of Ovronaz. They have been approved for a new high speed 4 pack lift to replace the peitie pre T-bar (far lookers left for those who know the station|). In doing so they will modify some pistes and take out the chatillon poma drag. This will remove a whole bunch of the stations freeride access leaving no good way to get into the zone at the south/ lookers left of the area. This is a great zone with 3 gullies, decent pitch and sparce trees. Excellent for storm days. A real shame to lose this with the current proposed plans.

No he doesn't.
    He's an ex-pat who spends time in JH as well as Yurp.

He may even be a trust funder, but he visits Yurp in winter and explicitly wrote that he went into a pharmacy in IT to get his green pass.
    Kronplatz is on the train itinerary I mentioned, it's Bruneck.

People have been kind and try to help and honestly, you're just a hysterical bitch. Grow up.
    Not a trust funder, I moved over here when I saw the writing on the wall in JH. Spent 8 years in JH prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    That footage has got to be from last season- looks like M.
    Why do you say that? Seems somewhat unlikely to me that the guy waits a year to post footage skiing pow in Ovronnaz a day after the place has just received 1m of fresh?

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    Why do you say that? Seems somewhat unlikely to me that the guy waits a year to post footage skiing pow in Ovronnaz a day after the place has just received 1m of fresh?
    Because they're not open yet ? (And haven't been)

And the "meter of fresh" is a windblown automatic station at 2600m where the Rest of the hand measured stations in the area are arond 9 to 30cm of TOTAL snow Cover?

And this high altitude Station also had about 10cm of fresh when Ovronnaz had about 60cm over night. It us highly unreliable.

And the slf has specifically not mentioned any major snowfall outside central Switzerland and Glarus?

And the cat track has a solid frozen base under the pow in the video.

And the webcam looks bony as hell with about 10-20cm of coverage? Have you ever been there during a solid storm? I can assure you the roof of the Hut looks different.

I guess that's why.

Edit: Charlie nooo that poma is such a fun zone. Hmm. Adds more stress to the traverse.

Name:	Screenshot_20211201-134838_Firefox.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	394757
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Because they're not open yet ? (And haven't been)

And the "meter of fresh" is a windblown automatic station at 2600m where the Rest of the hand measured stations in the area are arond 9 to 30cm of TOTAL snow Cover?

And this high altitude Station also had about 10cm of fresh when Ovronnaz had about 60cm over night. It us highly unreliable.

And the slf has specifically not mentioned any major snowfall outside central Switzerland and Glarus?

And the cat track has a solid frozen base under the pow in the video.

And the webcam looks bony as hell with about 10-20cm of coverage? Have you ever been there during a solid storm? I can assure you the roof of the Hut looks different.

I guess that's why.

Edit: Charlie nooo that poma is such a fun zone. Hmm. Adds more stress to the traverse.

Name:	Screenshot_20211201-134838_Firefox.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	394757
    Ok that’s a pretty comprehensive rationale 😂

So he's another stateless one, like Amsterdam dude with no ski equipment. If only.

Oh, and fuck off, too, if you insist with that last comment. I've only encountered snooty insults from most here, not good advice.
    Where are you living Benny? Someone said Maryland but I’m not sure that’s right.