Page 544 of 821 FirstFirst ... 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 ... LastLast
Results 13,576 to 13,600 of 20504
    Quote Originally Posted by Incompetent Boob View Post
    But will there be enough snow in April in Tirol, that is the question?
    enough for what? I assume that it will be okay where it is okay now and there will be less where there is little now.

Quote Originally Posted by Incompetent Boob View Post
    Pics look nice. A bit surprised about the amount of wind. The very un-IBK kr3w, non-extreme terrain suggests stability was not so great?
    Wind in the Föhn regions, blowing snow over ridges.Stability generally pretty good. No concerns a little lower down, enough concerns that we stayed away from some steeper options. That run in the picture above wasn't what I would consider flat in terms of avalanches.

Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

This one is so $$$$. Nice work as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    This might or might not be Marius.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Anybody in Arlberg tomorrow (Thursday)?
    The beatings will continue until morale will improve.

Hey I live in Central Switzerland and looking for some back country buddies to do some ski tours with. I've got experience in the back country and have all the avy gear and have taken some avy courses, and looking for someone or a crew with equal knowledge to tag along with. I've lived here for about a year (moved from the states) and am tired of my buddies always bailing when I think its great conditions to go for a ski tour and skinning some fun lines! Would love to tag along with anyone headed out there this saturday, snow pack is looking pretty stable!

super quick after work outing yesterday

Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

I'll be down south (probably) for the next week. depeninding on snow I'll go ticino or engadine frist and then when the weather clears I'll probably hang out on a hut in ticino to do this(if it is rdidiciously stable...I may have missed the window though because the westerly exosition may be the road to crustytown):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Il_Madone_descent_110109.jpg 
Views:	1179 
Size:	389.2 KB 
ID:	151573
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I'll be down south (probably) for the next week. depending on snow I'll go to the ticino/Andermatt or engadine first and then when the weather clears I'll probably hang out on a hut in ticino to do this and other fun stuff(if it is ridiculously stable...I may have missed the window though because the westerly exposition may be the road to crustytown):

Last edited by subtle plague; 02-28-2014 at 01:53 AM.

We'll be around all next week.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I'll be down south (probably) for the next week. depending on snow I'll go to the ticino/Andermatt or engadine first and then when the weather clears I'll probably hang out on a hut in ticino to do this and other fun stuff(if it is ridiculously stable...I may have missed the window though because the westerly exposition may be the road to crustytown):

touring? or resort based?

Mix. Depends on weather. Have to head to St Moritz next w/e though.

hmm the same with us. except moritz though. we'll be at/in/ AND on the cristallina hut, weather depending, from tue/wed to sat.

I'm still not sure where to go. the weather is pretty weird right now. I would love to head to moritz, but the snow is just not there(well yes it is, but the future fresh is not showing in the models), so ticino it has to be.?? Or not? or alagna? aahhhhrgh.
    but right now I'm off to the Bootfitter.

Same as always just a one day edit from 2 days ago in Iscgl. Very boring unless watching a dude put half a banana in his mouth in one go is your sort of thing!

Epic day of skiing in cham today, skied untracked pow all day with no lift queues. We weren't at GM

Italy is always worth a visit. Thursday:
    ~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~

Same again just a day report! Ischgl 10-15cm of light dry POW. Broke my TLT6`s but didnt want to bail on the skiing so just went for it. Again not the most bad ass of skiing but an ex-racer buddy of mine layed out some fat carves on his patrons.

Awesome stuff guys and gals! Thx for the stoke!

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Fair play. Way to ski the boot after that.

Thanks for all the Tirol stoke, we're headed for the Ortler/South Tirol at the end of the month, getting me all wound up.

Quote Originally Posted by herr_stoiber View Post
    Italy is always worth a visit. Thursday:
    That looks like a healthy day out! Who cares about visibility when you've got steep sides hemming you in?

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    Such a pretty shot! Great light.

Last Thursday I had my first trip down the Rond of this season, the top section is still far too firm to enjoy properly (for my own conservative tastes, anyway) but the exit couloir and the run back down to town was awesome. There's a short film of it on the website here:http://altitudinalnoodles.wordpress....d-para-270214/

I haven't skied at all for four days now, because I've been drinking for 48 hours back in England at a bachelor party. I can barely stand. Might need to get some snow early tomorrow AM to clear the last demons from the brain.
    Short stories about snow and rock, and pictures, too

Hi, looking for accommodation to rent in Cham Friday 21st March. Does anyone have anything going for 2 people?

Hey all, does anyone want to buy my skis at the end of the season so I don't have to take them back on the plane with me? I've got some 173cm Salomon Geisha's (yeahh its the womans top sheet of the shogun) with STH 13 binders and 171 Rossignol S5s with Look LX10 binders. The Geishas/shoguns are 128/98/118 with some tip and tail rocker, and the Rossignols are 124/94/118. Geishas were bought new this season, rossignols are from last season, both are in good shape but the geishas found a few rocks at arcalis and the rossis have been used in the park. I'm located in Barcelona, but will be traveling around or could ship them.

I went skiing, brought July with me. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

Dammit...is it spring in Europe already? landed a few days ago and heading south tomorrow AM. May hit up epic resorts for cheaper days if nothing is going on.

any advice? have a rental car and 6 days before heading to Cham next Saturday with the gf...

Porta Nera on Friday.
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

Cortina...