Page 508 of 820 FirstFirst ... 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 ... LastLast
Results 12,676 to 12,700 of 20487
    hey buddy everything is connected around the Sella area. If you are staying in San Cassiano, you can catch the lifts from there w/o driving anywhere, unless you want to hit the Falzrego pass - which is a simple bus ride up the hill.
    Stay where you are there plenty to ski opposite the town and heading over to Arabba. I don't know what you are looking for in terms of skiing or what level but you can manage fine from San Cassiano.
    Enjoy la dolce vita
    Blondin

Quote Originally Posted by AmmergauerTele View Post
    Going to be in the Dolomites this Friday and Saturday with the family for some skiing. I've never been but the weather is looking like some light snow on Friday. Where should we go on a low light/snowy day in the Dolomites? Val Gardena? We are going to be in San Cassiano and are open to driving to get to where the best skiing will be for visibility & terrain.

Ok, also, if you only have two days in the Dolomites where would you spend them? I'm thinking one day at Val Gardena area and one day at Arabba/Marmoloda.
    that's not bad...
    www.nosiesta.com
    IFMGA Ski & Mountain Guide

Anyone around verbier want to go ski the bec de rosses tomorrow, send me a pm asap. It is in prime condition right now.

yo!

any have quick pointers what resorts are open until mid may?
    Posting the closing day on the websites seem to be impossible for the resorts...

Apparently Tignes is open until 14th may,stubai from 5th may onwards, but it seems most resorts close
    mid april??

engelberg has top lift running but the resort is not open?
    from kaprun & cervinia I couldnt find any info.

Pointers would appreciated!

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

http://www.bergfex.com/oesterreich/saisonende/

everything you need. more and more accurate information than on resort-websites. switch countries for information of resorts in switzerland, germany, italy, dunno if they have france, but i guess they do.

freak~[&]

Easy touring in La Fouly area, yesterday.

Snow was warm and heavy but still good to ski. Other side of the valley was getting wind hammered. Don't think either will be nice to ski, except after new snow or once things corn over.

The aiguille de l'amone in the backgrond is looking nice^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    any have quick pointers what resorts are open until mid may?
    Posting the closing day on the websites seem to be impossible for the resorts...
    wepowder did a little research also
    http://wepowder.com/weblog/4369/End-...ts-in-the-Alps

Quote Originally Posted by Orash111 View Post
    Anyone around verbier want to go ski the bec de rosses tomorrow, send me a pm asap. It is in prime condition right now.
    Plenty of tracks on the Bec on Monday - it did look in good nick

Mont Fort wasn't too shabby either

Can't beat sunny April powder days

ps my trusty 185 Kuro's are on their last days. Before I throw cash at a new pair of 195's has anyone skied the 193 Shiros and can compare. Also posted in techtalk.
    Last edited by bobinch; 04-02-2013 at 03:43 PM.

This was a pretty sweet day last week: http://aussieskier.com/trip-reports/...reche-puiseux/

Sorry for lazy blog link, I will update my TR later tonight.

I'm liking this kind of wintery spring.

more
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Broke 2 pairs of boots last week. Anyone know where I can find a pair of Vulcans sz 27?

Anyone was up the bec de rosses today around 1-2pm and saw a red shell jacket, an ice axe, t-shirt and dry fruit laid on a pile on the summit and took it thinking that the person forgot to take it with them, let me know.

Was not at the lost and found at 4:30pm, though I think it could have been just early and not returned yet. I hope it was returned. Can't see why anyone would want to also take a sweaty tshirt if it was not to take them to lost an found.

I skiied the south face and north face of the bec de rosses today, hence why I left some stuff on the summit to get it later.

South face was a mix of corn and powder. I timed it real right. Better than the north face since I laid the only track on it.

In case you haven't read it yet, please do. Klar has articulated how I feel about skiing and how I think most of you do as well.

http://klartellsstories.blogspot.co....nd-butter.html
    The beatings will continue until morale will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by irbis View Post
    In case you haven't read it yet, please do. Klar has articulated how I feel about skiing and how I think most of you do as well.

http://klartellsstories.blogspot.co....nd-butter.html
    Agreed and recommended!
    ~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~

We all love April powder. Even late March powder is greatly appreciated! Motivated by the great book "Scialpinismo in Dolomiti", we came south of the border // to complete this work order

Look forward to the up and coming TR by Huckiavelli (once he finally stops skiing around on glaciers).
    Last edited by herr_stoiber; 04-03-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    ~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~

Quote Originally Posted by blondin View Post
    hey buddy everything is connected around the Sella area. If you are staying in San Cassiano, you can catch the lifts from there w/o driving anywhere, unless you want to hit the Falzrego pass - which is a simple bus ride up the hill.
    Stay where you are there plenty to ski opposite the town and heading over to Arabba. I don't know what you are looking for in terms of skiing or what level but you can manage fine from San Cassiano.
    Enjoy la dolce vita
    Blondin
    yes, but watch out whenever you think "PRIME CONDITIONS" there is a high chance they don't open Marmolada or Pordoi (at least for skiers) so better to ask before you buy a pass, especially since skiing off piste is illegal in some of the other areas. also, note that the avalanche reports aren't updated every day and the ski areas tend to dial in seemingly arbitrary numbers (they generally like "3", and "4" whenever snowflakes start to fall) on their avalanche warning boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Orash111 View Post
    Smiley, we did not get to do passarele/cunnigham couloir, because we could not find a good line of raps from the end of the cosmique ridge, and we off course could not rap from the bridge since they had blocked the anchor there for construction.

But man the cunnigham looks so good right now. Can ski after 2 raps rather than the usual 3.

We did a rond, the top entrance of which was icy and scary as hell on a snowboard especially (man I like riding these things when there are fresh).

15m into it though it became nice and smooth pow, though not deep of course since it was already skiied a bunch. Skiied to the end of the rond and then did a short boot pack up to the entrance of west couloir.

Rapped into it and had awesome conditions. Did not feel like a 5.3 ski rating. May have been rated that because of the raps and such.

Photos my buddy took. Can't seem to embed it: http://instagram.com/p/XkZZwUsQ-h/

The end had the air over 3m of ice. My friend built an ablokov anchor in the ice while I body belayed him with an ice axe anchor. His knee could not take such an air after multiple surgeries he said.

I tried airing the ice and could not get an edge on it. I instead traversed skiiers left and aired 5m off of rocks. Tumbled on the landing after forgetting to stomp and was fine.
    Bummer you didn't get the Cunningham, but at least you had some fun. Also, I can imagine the hard pack was scary with the condition your board is in...yikes!!! You really need to get a tune !
    Life is all about ass...either you are covering it,
    kicking it, hauling it, kissing it, or trying to get it.

^^^nice herr_stoiber

^^^ Agreed very nice indeed herr_stroiber

Smiley, hardpack isn't a problem, it was more like black ice being the problem.

herr_stoiber - really???
    Spent a decent chunk of the winter there and it was amazing.
    Not opening the lifts? Don't come to Cham then

umm nice work tho

Quote Originally Posted by herr_stoiber View Post
    yes, but watch out whenever you think "PRIME CONDITIONS" there is a high chance they don't open Marmolada or Pordoi (at least for skiers) so better to ask before you buy a pass, especially since skiing off piste is illegal in some of the other areas. also, note that the avalanche reports aren't updated every day and the ski areas tend to dial in seemingly arbitrary numbers (they generally like "3", and "4" whenever snowflakes start to fall) on their avalanche warning boards.
    that's not bad...
    www.nosiesta.com
    IFMGA Ski & Mountain Guide

thanks, we were lucky with the conditions! and inspired by the book, the maps, and what we saw.

blondin, I'm pretty sure you have better statistics as I'm only an occasional visitor, but it did happen to us on Sunday - both Marmolada and Pordoi closed - and it has happened before to one of the guys I skied with, didn't let him get on the pordoi tram earlier this season due to fresh snow. so probably better to ask if you're just buying a sella ronda ticket to get to the top of the plateau a couple of times. just thought I'd shout out the warning.

we did find some decent alternatives around arabba though
    but of course not comparable to ploughing across the glacier or skiing some sella runs. well, it seems it is always better to go and tour, less disappointments ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post

So which one of the tracks was Dr. Pup's?

^^freak's line was the third one seen from the far right. epic!

attempt on clarification. no pups, no doctors.

freak~[&]

Hello Euro Maggots!

Is anyone selling a Mont Blanc Unlimited Pass?
    The furthur we go, the stranger it gets...