Page 466 of 820 FirstFirst ... 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... LastLast
Results 11,626 to 11,650 of 20483

Popped my euro ski cherry and made critical use of the smooth grass under the snow in Lech.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    Any Euro Mags going to be in PDS this jan?
    Yep, all year

you little dancer, guess where im going to be this Jan? PDS, im going to be in st jean d'alps.
    Quote Originally Posted by longone View Post
    Yep, all year
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post

Popped my euro ski cherry and made critical use of the smooth grass under the snow in Lech.
    I knew that looked familiar.

i think i've skied that meadow in lech some other october, nice job and nice picture
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Innsbruck mags - anyone know any decent bootfitters 'round these parts? Preferably ones who stock some stiff dynafit-compatible boots (Technica Cochise, BD Factor, Scarpa Maestrale, Dynafit Mercury, etc). Tried some boots in Sportler the other day (they have nice stock), but the guy didn't seem to know much about boots, no mention of moulding shells or liners, didn't realise you could get AT soles for the Factors, wasn't even sure which floor the appropriate boots were on... And I don't really know enough about boots to be confident fitting them myself.

I know Jennewein in St Anton do proper bootfitting (so far the only place I've come across in Austria that does, though tbf I haven't paid much attention 'til now), but don't know what they stock in the way of AT boots - would showing stock on the website really be that hard?? Don't really want to go all the way back to the UK to find a fitter with a decent level of stock either...

Cheers in advance!
    Last edited by ClarkleberryFinn; 10-21-2012 at 01:58 PM.

An eternity ago I got a couple of boots fit by Leitner in Bichlbach. It's a mission from Innsbruck but he had a killer underground reputation at the time.

http://www.schuhsport-leitner.at/

there is one in Steinach am Brenner. Forgot the name but the shop is directly at the main road in the center of Steinach. Pretty good there as everybody says (e.g. klar).
    its nor Herbert Auer anymore afaik... some other guy but still really good.

here a list of bootfitter
    http://www.powderguide.com/forum/arc...php/t-771.html

If you want to find a bootfitter in town i`d maybe try sport spezial just over the uni brücke. Small selection but thomas is very helpful and seems to know what he`s doing. Staudinger i think will also thermofit? But selection is even smaller.

Cheers guys, will look 'em up! Don't mind travelling for a good 'fitter.

In fairness to Sportler I spoke to a different guy in there yesterday who seemed more knowledgeable, mentioned that they do actually mould boots, etc. Guess it depends who you speak too, will check out the other options though.

Fyi...Nov 17 in Martigny

http://www.slideandsound.ch/

Yes, it is snowing in Leysin.
    Ski, Bike, Climb.
    Resistence is futile.

Dumping here in saas-fee, but not that many up to now

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    Dumping here in saas-fee, but not that many up to now
    Hehe I shouldn't have written that. Saas has been buried, 40 cm in village and 70 at the top. Lift closed. So I drove to verb where I know better where to go and made my first bagnard tracks of the winter. Sweet.

Noice! The wind here in GE was crazy today. How was it in the VS? Anyone up for Saas in Friday?

Hehe I shouldn't have written that. Saas has been buried, 40 cm in village and 70 at the top. Lift closed. So I drove to verb where I know better where to go and made my first bagnard tracks of the winter. Sweet.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Strong wind in saas in the morning, which declined during the day and was close to zero at noon, at least at 2000

Anyone on here heading out to Paradiski area over Christmas and new year time?

Verbier did not suck yesterday...

2 laps to Ruinettes and a big smile at the end of the day!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Verbier 28.10.2012.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	124117

Hiked up to Plan de l'Aiguilles yesterday. Reasonable amount of snow from about 1800m including breaking trail through waist deep in places. Arrived at the mid-station 5 minutes before the last lift down...with pregger wife in tow...probably a good thing we caught it.

edit- Looks like [someone] greased the Rond...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plan de l'Aiguille.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	124118  
    Last edited by ulty_guy; 10-30-2012 at 03:53 AM.
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

This morning near Grenoble

NOICE!!! L7L? When are they opening? Two Novembers ago hit that place up for the first time. Some nice terrain there. (Don't tell anyone)
    On a side love the headband steeze....extra points!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidof View Post
    This morning near Grenoble
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Lac des vaux to open this we.......

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    NOICE!!! L7L? When are they opening? Two Novembers ago hit that place up for the first time. Some nice terrain there. (Don't tell anyone)
    On a side love the headband steeze....extra points!
    Opening Wednesday but pshhhhh

http://www.les7laux.com/index.php/fr...du-moment.html

Quote Originally Posted by coldwater View Post
    Innsbruck mags - anyone know any decent bootfitters 'round these parts? Preferably ones who stock some stiff dynafit-compatible boots (Technica Cochise, BD Factor, Scarpa Maestrale, Dynafit Mercury, etc). Tried some boots in Sportler the other day (they have nice stock), but the guy didn't seem to know much about boots, no mention of moulding shells or liners, didn't realise you could get AT soles for the Factors, wasn't even sure which floor the appropriate boots were on... And I don't really know enough about boots to be confident fitting them myself.

I know Jennewein in St Anton do proper bootfitting (so far the only place I've come across in Austria that does, though tbf I haven't paid much attention 'til now), but don't know what they stock in the way of AT boots - would showing stock on the website really be that hard?? Don't really want to go all the way back to the UK to find a fitter with a decent level of stock either...

Cheers in advance!
    It's a bit of a drive, but Conrads in Garmisch has done some good boot work for me in the past, though that was 2004!
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning