Page 366 of 820 FirstFirst ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... LastLast
Results 9,126 to 9,150 of 20486

Arlberg a week or so ago!

Quote Originally Posted by steven hatcher View Post
    Keep in mind, too, that next week is part of the three-week cycle for ski holidays. Every Parisian and Londoner with kids and the ability to strap some wood to their feet will be at the major resorts. My advice is to look for smaller places than Chamonix, Verbier and the like, especially if you plan to ride lifts.
    Talking about holidays, I understand that next week is probably the busiest but then it ramps down for each of the following weeks.

Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by powdherb View Post
    Looks like conditions are freshening up enough to catch some air.....

hmm.. is this a joke, or is it for real? 2,5 m snow in 48 hours, Becs des rosses??
    http://www.freerideworldtour.com/new...s-of-snow.html .. ????

Vihren, I think you should read article again with a bit more concentration

Patxi trova la neve bella

'El Vato' is a well documented phenomenon, and Dr. Buzzman a highly acclaimed and well respected fellow of the Masters of Dysfunctional Meteorological Analysis Institute.

I hear the conditions in St. Anton have been pretty bad but looks like some fresh snow is coming next week - I think Ullr has been listening to my prayers all week.

Guess zapatilla and patxi are enjoyng the best out of pays d'occitaine...... Chapeau!

Quote Originally Posted by CarveMan View Post
    Talking about holidays, I understand that next week is probably the busiest but then it ramps down for each of the following weeks.

Correct?
    Yeah, I suppose. I think it may have even started this week. Not totally sure. Plus, the weather conditions might have changed the plans of many adolescents' parents. Anyway, I can't be blamed one way or another, though. I know we'll spend the next week at Alpe d'Huez with our six year-old. I'm trying to keep my own expectations low so I won't be disappointed.

The southern alps are half bad after the drought

Hey,

Does anyone know of a site like slf.ch but for italy and france instead?

Quote Originally Posted by CarveMan View Post

Correct?
    Paris and a few other regions of North France on holiday at the moment. Then week of Feb 21 is British Half term. Week after that is Fasching for southern Germany, and believe that 3 other regions of South France are on holiday that week as well. So France and Austria and North East Switz. should be fairly busy week of March 5th.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

anyone been in andorra, spanish pyrenees, or sierra nevada lately? not expecting things to be pretty but is there anything half decent going in?

The next few weeks will be a nighmare from a lift queue perspective but you won't see too many fat skis around. 99% of the people that ski in Europe over the next few weeks consider it hardcore to venture 10m away from the piste.

Also, props to wepowder.com, easily the best Euro snow forecast on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    The next few weeks will be a nighmare from a lift queue perspective but you won't see too many fat skis around. 99% of the people that ski in Europe over the next few weeks consider it hardcore to venture 10m away from the piste.
    So given we will have a guide & full AT rigs it shouldn't be too bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Orash111 View Post
    Hey,

Does anyone know of a site like slf.ch but for italy and france instead?
    http://notes1.regione.vda.it/dbweb/bollnivometeo/bollnivometeo.nsf/vista_e/$first?OpenDocument&L=_e&

Nr the sea , on the other side of the pond..
    heres a video from our family skiing holiday in St Anton in the last week of January ...... we had a mild dump midweek so i took advantage by tacking onto some freeride groups who were mostly boarders....it was fun if a little thin in places ....

Semper in Pulveris .... Only the depth varies

Great day i courmayeur yesterday, knee deep at times but the base sucked! Got one core shot and some scrathes, very surprised that was it.

Skiied Grand Envers here in Cham today, need ALOT of snow to be good. Got a few pow turns but mostly hard. Took a fall once it got rock hard, lost both skis and had to go get one of 'em in a crevasse...All while Seth morrison and his camera team was at the top of the run watching. Hrrm.

On an unrelated note, we must have been in the most starstuck cabin up to aiguille du midi this morning. Seth, chris davenport and Anselme baud. From what I heard, Seths two year project is just about done. They were here to finish it up.

oh, and new snow is hitting courmayuer next week. See you there.

italy looks great! but i'm still gonna whine for it to snow in switzerland.

ticino.... pour moi. but i still don't know where to go...
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Invasion de la forteresse française

Courmayeur has been off the chain lately. I made the mistake of going alpine climbing in Chamonix today.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZapatilla View Post
    Invasion de la forteresse française

that is a frikkin cool photo
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

Leaving for Cham this afternoon. Pray for snow! Will be skiing Sunday-Friday wherever the snow flies!