Page 378 of 820 FirstFirst ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... LastLast
Results 9,426 to 9,450 of 20483
    Just got back to Innsbruck today, it's pretty warm... However a few sources seem to think it's gonna snow this weekend (the random Bavarian on the train from Munich made it official). Any ideas of where to make the most it? Thinking Stubai atm, Nordkette would be nice 'cos it's 2 minutes walk up the road, but it was pretty ruined last time I was here a couple of weeks ago, might go up for a beer later to check...

Quote Originally Posted by teosickrider View Post
    Cuz you have to fight it to go up before comin down!
    Better to play with than to fight against . . .

Quote Originally Posted by coldwater View Post
    Just got back to Innsbruck today, it's pretty warm... However a few sources seem to think it's gonna snow this weekend (the random Bavarian on the train from Munich made it official). Any ideas of where to make the most it? Thinking Stubai atm, Nordkette would be nice 'cos it's 2 minutes walk up the road, but it was pretty ruined last time I was here a couple of weeks ago, might go up for a beer later to check...
    Weather reports seem to indicate sat-sun-mon snowfall above ~1500m? So anything higher up should be good, but lets see if it really comes to that. As for the nordkette...puh it would need a hell of a lot of snow! Aberdeen - Innsbruck is a combination u don't see very often! Spent 4 years in the granite city

Omnatind, Rosendal, Norway

Took a day trip to visit Rosendal some time ago:

We wished ski-doos where allowed:

But finally we saw some mountains:

And got to ski down:

On a drive from Matrei via fieberbrunn to salzburg there was clouds and rain. By 12 uhr there was couple of cm´s of snow on sonnenplatte. Didnt bother to go up & buy a ticket for 2 hours. Still raining and +10 in salz.
    Should be something somewhere tomorrow.
    Already looking forward to eastern and lyngen.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    On a drive from Matrei via fieberbrunn to salzburg there was clouds and rain. By 12 uhr there was couple of cm´s of snow on sonnenplatte. Didnt bother to go up & buy a ticket for 2 hours. Still raining and +10 in salz.
    Should be something somewhere tomorrow.
    Already looking forward to eastern and lyngen.
    I'm going to be in Lyngen or somewhere north during that time too. Flying to Tromso coming Friday, have got something arranged for the first week and a half or so (till about 10. April or so). After that everything is still in the open, I don't have a car, no accommodation arranged either. Anyone want to hook up for some turns/tour/whatever? I've got time till May.

flat angle pow from a 2 day trip to Lizumer Hütte two weeks ago:

Good touring in 4 Valleys. Fenetre d'Alleves

but also this...

Coming to Chamonix April 12th - May 25th. I'm looking to rent a room. If anyone has anything available please pm me. If someone can point me to a site that has a classified section for room rentals, i.e. craig's list for cham, I would appreciate it. If such a site exists I haven't found it. I'd prefer to avoid a hostel because the duration of the stay. But if anyone has a recommendation I'll gladly take it.

If anyone needs a partner in that time frame feel free to pm me for contact info. New to Cham but experienced bc skier w/ avy education, medical training, and a respectable rock climbing background.

Back to stoke and snow dances.

I'm still giving good deals to Mags if you need a place to stay in Chamonix. If interested contact me at vitamin_ski@yahoo.com

great updates... seems like the end of season is coming closer.

Just returned from 3 days at the Sella / Dolomites / Italy with the Sportbohème. No snow on the lower elevations (so no skiing on Val Scura Sassongher) but perfect conditions further up in the Sella. Canale Holzer was great, packed powder top to bottom. Anything that gets a decent amount of sunshine (Canale Joel, Val de Fontanes, Boe south...) has transformed snow and must be avoided at all costs if frozen, and skied at all costs when soft .
    Crossing the Sella from Pordoi to Val Pisciadu and then further on towards the northern couloirs, great snow is to be found. Sunday the weather was a mess but the wind brought snow to some places so we even enjoyed powder turns around Val Mesdi. And the people... everyone was actually nice to each other, we had some beers in the parking lot with Italian skiers we met and no one complained about us sleeping in the car in front of the skating rink for 3 days. You just have to love Italy. Did I mention the macchiato?

I'll post some pictures later.
    cheers
    ~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~

the little Dolomites in NoSnowLand(tm)

end of season might be coming sooner as normally

nice! still dusty there...

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    end of season might be coming sooner as normally
    I believe you may be right about the early end.

I wrote a little TR about last weekend:
    ----->
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...olomites-Italy

It's my first here at TGR so sorry for the quality of uploaded pictures I probably did something JONGish there.
    ~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~

Yesterday, 29/03/11, 2.000m:

On top (2.970m):

Skiing down:

you just have to know where to go!

the weather forecast looks even more awesome each day!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Frankly, i'm not moving more than in radius of 20, 30 kms from where i live. If at all . . .

Ok. For 2nd half of april i plan a 2 day trip from Arolla to the Valpelline and from there to the Bec de Leseney

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    you just have to know where to go!

awesome day for early may.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

We just toured for a week in the Ortlers and then did the Haute Route Grand Lui variation.
    Timed it perfect with a reasonable snowfall before the HR and 6 days of sun during the trip.
    Variable snow, bad north side avy conditions, and great fun. Was 14C in Zermatt when we finished and trees were in blossom on the way back to Chamonix. Plenty of snow up high, and had some good turns. Good luck with the snow pack, seems to be doing quite the disappearing act!

Well, the first link sucks. 4 people in one slide with only one surviving, and then in the second accident the guy was initially dug out and revived but died permanently by the time Rega arrived.

Secret spot

totally epic! (once agian )

people over there say its like 30years ago they had seen this little amount of snow in march.
    8cm snowfall accumulated @Arlberg in March.

I couldn't belive the conditions we had in Bivio on tuesday, monday in Davos it was all but good skiing, great apres ski though.
    This is a short video, check the conditions in the second half:

^^^content von SME?
    Gesperrt in CH?