Page 752 of 820 FirstFirst ... 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 ... LastLast
Results 18,776 to 18,800 of 20483
    Quote Originally Posted by Twat View Post
    I counter that, 3 bad seasons in a row are odd!
    Twat and Buster agree.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Well…. Two years ago the Alps got hammered all winter long… from December until June

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

I'll be there end of March, maybe even for subtles birthday.
    Curious, why end of March for BBI Euro? Seems kind of late from a North American perspective. Wouldn't February or early March be a better bet for wintery conditions in the Alps?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Curious, why end of March for BBI Euro? Seems kind of late from a North American perspective. Wouldn't February or early March be a better bet for wintery conditions in the Alps?
    February is Euro winter vacation . Prices go up, crowds manifest, hotels are more full, travel can get more of a hassle (trains get overbooked).
    But hey, if you want to go early-mid March, convince of bunch of likeminded weirdos and go. vendul will see that all is covered.

Personally, I have family commitments at the middle of March, so I can't go early-mid March.

Quote Originally Posted by Twat View Post
    Dude is named sepp haslinger.

https://www.merkur.de/lokales/bad-to...-91748206.html

This years prognosis is something like green christmas and low snow throughout april.

I counter that, 3 bad seasons in a row are odd!
    20 21 was one of the best winters ever. I skied pow from September to may! A friend stopped counting at 80 days in April and he works full time as a teacher (but he has fridays off ) In may he said: I could ski every weekend and all holidays because it's been constantly awesome. He skied pow on the titlis closing day on may 23rd and his first pow day was September 26th with me. I couldn't go in latr may because I had to Pack the rv for a surf trip but i skied pow on may 9th or 11th maybe. So an 8 month season!
    Hell I skied thigh deep pow in the fucking Black forest. And spent 15 days there because we couldn't go to the Alps. Locals said it was the best Black forest season since 05 06.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Fire in the disco!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

wonder if that tram is heading up or down...

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    February sucks. Great if you enjoy EPIC-like lift lines and drunks everywhere.
    March is great if you hate lift lines and like having the mountain for yourself. Also, the steep lines are usually in better condition late in the season as it can still snow and the glaciers gets more and more cover.

Is there a comprehensive list of resorts to avoid because of epic and ikon and what else not?
    I mean Arlberg, verbier and Chamonix have been on my list anyway( verbier has alreadybeen crowded in 2002, the cosmique had a lot of tracks in late may in 2006) . Nobody cares about Zermatt, but andermatt makes me sad. I still remember days when you could ski to the valley before 11am and not get Stuck in the morning valley lift line.
    Engelberg has not changed much except that I tend to go home an hour earlier then ten years ago because it's tracked 12 am to 1pm instead 1 to 2pm.

And do not post euro resorts where it's still good

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Is there a comprehensive list of resorts to avoid because of epic and ikon and what else not?
    Epic: Verbier (4 valles), Courchevel/Val Thorens (3 Vallees), Madonna di Campiglio, Pinzolo, Folgarida-Marilleva, Pejo, Ponte di Legno-Tonale, Andalo-Fai della Paganella, Monte Bondone, Folgarida-Lavarone, St Anton, St Christoph, Lech, Zurs, Stuben. Andermatt-Sedrun SkiArena

Ikon: KITZBÜHEL, CHAMONIX MONT-BLANC, Zermatt, Dolomiti Superski,
    I mean Arlberg, verbier and Chamonix have been on my list anyway( verbier has alreadybeen crowded in 2002, the cosmique had a lot of tracks in late may in 2006) . Nobody cares about Zermatt, but andermatt makes me sad. I still remember days when you could ski to the valley before 11am and not get Stuck in the morning valley lift line.
    Engelberg has not changed much except that I tend to go home an hour earlier then ten years ago because it's tracked 12 am to 1pm instead 1 to 2pm.
    pre Sawaris was great. It's still better than almost any N. America ski area for crowds and expense.

And do not post euro resorts where it's still good
    guilty as charged. Except there's a few I don't post about, like the farmers lifts and that one downvalley from E-berg.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Engelberg has not changed much except that I tend to go home an hour earlier then ten years ago because it's tracked 12 am to 1pm.......
    Wow! If it's already tracked by 12AM that really is bad.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Wow! If it's already tracked by 12AM that really is bad.
    Argh....I knew it was wrong.
    But the locals ski with night Vision Googles.

Not complaining

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221002_110631.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	428360
    Knowledge is Powder

Europe epic as always. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA013247.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	269.6 KB 
ID:	428618Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA013253.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	797.4 KB 
ID:	428619
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    Europe epic as always. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA013247.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	269.6 KB 
ID:	428618Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA013253.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	797.4 KB 
ID:	428619
    At least it is not tracked out.

Thought I'd post this here and give you First dibs. Doing a pre season clear out and before I post this on willhaben, any Innsbruck locals interested in a pair of beat 194 dynastar xxls and decent 196? Salomon xwing labs?

LOFOTEN or LYNGEN?

Planning for next year, looking for opinions on Lofoten vs Lyngen Alps. Also wondering about advice for timing. Was originally thinking about doing the boat thing, but looks like there's plenty of excellent road hits, and maybe with a little guidance and good sense, many good objectives can be skied.

Right now I'm thinking either last week in March in Lofoten vs. 2nd week of April in Lyngen. Kinda leaning towards the latter.

Or maybe Senja?

I've been to the Sunnmøre already and want to look further north.

I've already checked some of the excellent TRs in the archive, but and extra or updated advice or beta is greatly appreciated.

Maybe try to reach out to keksie. He is in the states conferting a boat. so he could have tons of knowledge.
    There is a tr about his youtube channel.

https://m.youtube.com/c/AlluringArctic/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    LOFOTEN or LYNGEN?

Planning for next year, looking for opinions on Lofoten vs Lyngen Alps. Also wondering about advice for timing. Was originally thinking about doing the boat thing, but looks like there's plenty of excellent road hits, and maybe with a little guidance and good sense, many good objectives can be skied.

Right now I'm thinking either last week in March in Lofoten vs. 2nd week of April in Lyngen. Kinda leaning towards the latter.

Or maybe Senja?

I've been to the Sunnmøre already and want to look further north.

I've already checked some of the excellent TRs in the archive, but and extra or updated advice or beta is greatly appreciated.
    Keep me updated on your planning, one of these trips is very much on my radar. I was leaning towards Lyngen when I last looked for reasons I don’t remember.

Can you fly into Tromsø and just make the call conditions-dependent when you arrive?

Just wanted to bump this thread cause it’s getting colder.
    I haven’t been up to any of the glaciers this fall, I usually save my days out of town until the real snow is here.
    Who’s been skiing?
    Who’s looking forward towards it?

Skiing is so last year. We're all switched to stand up paddle.
    First snow should come next week. Probably nit ridable but base.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Just wanted to bump this thread cause it’s getting colder.
    I haven’t been up to any of the glaciers this fall, I usually save my days out of town until the real snow is here.
    Who’s been skiing?
    Who’s looking forward towards it?
    Went touring last weekend. Was surprisingly good with the new snow canons blowing hard on the 15cm of natural snow. Verbier Lac des Vaux opened this weekend. Snow and colder temps this week so hopefully more open next weekend

Name:	IMG_0280.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	154.3 KB 
ID:	433725

Name:	IMG_0282.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	433726

Name:	IMG_0284.JPG