Page 241 of 821 FirstFirst ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 20506
    Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    I am shaping a ski assault to etna volcano by the beginning of april...........

Ooo! volcanoes,skiing,italy!!! That thing still holding snow at that time? Coming to italy in the beginning of april..

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Ooo! volcanoes,skiing,italy!!! That thing still holding snow at that time? Coming to italy in the beginning of april..
    it should. I've been there once by the end of april and there was still a lot of snow. But I had no ski and visibility was
    keep me posted if you're interested. There are cheap flights from milan to catania

FYI, be careful out there!

Avalanche danger forecast for Thursday

Southern flank of the Alps not including Sotto Ceneri; in addition, Engadine:

High avalanche danger (Level 4)

The avalanche prone locations are to be found on steep slopes in all expositions above approximately 1400 m. Medium sized avalanches are expected to be naturally triggered with increasing frequency. Particularly in multiple starting zones where avalanches have not yet been discharged, even large sized avalanches are expected to fracture, which can in turn sweep along the wet snow at intermediate altitudes. Exposed parts of transportation routes are endangered. For backcountry skiing and freeriding tours, the conditions are unfavourable.

Northern flank of the Alps; Valais not including southern Simplon region; in addition, northern and central Grisons; Sotto Ceneri:

Considerable avalanche danger (Level 3)

The avalanche prone locations are to be found in all aspects. In the Valais not including the southern Simplon region, in Urseren, in central Grisons not including northern Surselva and in Sotto Ceneri, the avalanche prone locations are to be found on steep slopes in all expositions above approximately 1800 m. Natural avalanches are possible. In the inneralpine regions, avalanches can fracture down to lower levels of the old snowpack and in isolated cases attain medium size.
    In the remaining parts of the northern flank of the Alps, in the northern Surselva and in northern Grisons, the avalanche prone locations are to be found primarily on wind loaded slopes above approximately 2000 m. In the course of the day, avalanche prone locations will become increasingly more frequent.
    In all regions of this danger level, a great deal of experience in the assessment of avalanche hazards is imperative.

Natural full depth snowslides are possible up to high altitudes. Caution is urged towards fresh glide cracks.

Trend for Friday and Saturday
    On Friday and Saturday in northern regions, further snowfall is expected. The snowfall level is expected to reach down to low lying areas. In southern regions it will turn increasingly sunny under the influence of strong, northerly foehn winds. The avalanche danger will increase in northern regions; in southern regions it will gradually diminish.
    http://www.slf.ch/lawineninfo/lawine...etins/index_EN

anyone skiing in the valais tomorrow (friday)? geo and i are taking the day off.

seeking safety in the trees of one of those little uber-secret spots.

Some impressions from Slovakia last weekend

More on www.3limits.sk (photos by Vlado Papala)
    Last edited by Hicks; 03-05-2009 at 02:10 AM.

the skier on the last pic (very nice, BTW) must be a big man, he makes the ARGs so slim......

Quote Originally Posted by Schnappi View Post
    Disentis sucked today, but holy shit, is it coming down in the swiss ghetto.

It would be nice if the fixed the damn radar for this area. NO LEMA my ass.
    normally i don't use this, but here it fits: WORD. aarrrrrrr

probably on sat or/and sun in this area. depending on clouds (personnally i think sat is going to be still covered there...)

@andrew: just write a sms when youre in.

even though there's no radar, I can guarantee ticino has been and is currently being nuked hard. Record snowfall in bosco gurin.....

It started snowing during the night. Only 15-20cm so far at 2200M in the Valais. But it's still coming down lightly and will continue through the night tonight...

I am shaping a ski assault to etna volcano by the beginning of april...........
    that could be cool... I may be joining you!
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

even though there's no radar, I can guarantee ticino has been and is currently being nuked hard. Record snowfall in bosco gurin.....
    yup, 67cms in last 24hrs (as of 9:32am). by tomorrow who knows? 80...90...1M?

but too far to drive for me. i'll settle for the 30-40cms or so in the valais.

EDIT: hmmmm...73cms reported in saas fee....hmmmm....

im hoping for the north side.... i can't make it down to alagna or the engadin.

but the flow is still to easterly.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Nuking very hard in Val d'Isere. At least 35cm on the ground in town....still coming down.

Sh*t another early AM RT!

Edit: On second thought 4+
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    EDIT: hmmmm...73cms reported in saas fee....hmmmm....
    Last edited by geo039; 03-05-2009 at 10:31 AM.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Dolomites have been nuked too! We're in a mountain hotel and the road both ways has 15 inches of snow on. The day has been great...photos to follow.

Saw a few snowboarders launching into the steep side of the valley we were skiing (which the guide had warned us off). The second lot started a big avy (1 m crown across 20-30 m) - a girl was caught in and we thought "that's it, dead body recovery". But she was extremely lucky to be pushed sideways. None of them had avy equipment...

Still looking for maggots to ski with on Sunday, somewhere in Switzerland or Western Austria. That's assuming the road here is cleared on time!
    You really need to stop knowing WTF you're talking about. (Tippster)

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    that could be cool... I may be joining you!
    C O O L !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    april 3-5 is our time

Hit Bellwald today. Mostly low angle trees, but very high quality snow. Knee to mid-thigh.

Not sure what my plans are this weekend. Saturday still looking cloudy/snowy until late afternoon. Maybe touring Sunday. Possibly Binntal area.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    normally i don't use this, but here it fits: WORD. aarrrrrrr

probably on sat or/and sun in this area. depending on clouds (personnally i think sat is going to be still covered there...)

@andrew: just write a sms when youre in.
    Last edited by Schnappi; 03-05-2009 at 12:12 PM.

That fucking sucks. The rest of the alps gets dumped on and Verbier gets another fur shop... :
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    Still looking for maggots to ski with on Sunday, somewhere in Switzerland or Western Austria. That's assuming the road here is cleared on time!
    Mail sent.
    If I could join you for the ride back home (or at least close) I'd consider going down.

True? I thought the SSB area was getting pounded...no left overs for V?
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck_Schmuck View Post
    That fucking sucks. The rest of the alps gets dumped on and Verbier gets another fur shop... :
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by Schnappi View Post
    Hit Bellwald today. Mostly low angle trees, but very high quality snow. Knee to mid-thigh.

Not sure what my plans are this weekend. Saturday still looking cloudy/snowy until late afternoon. Maybe touring Sunday. Possibly Binntal area.
    why touring? are you getting old?
    tomorrow blackforest (germany) sat/sun dis.

will take a red rose in my left front pocket and white/blue praxis with me.

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    True? I thought the SSB area was getting pounded...no left overs for V?
    verb webcams speak for themselfes, I guess gav meant he had to work...........

this mag desperately needs some rest

WORD!!! Thanks for making my night more sleepless Haven't riden in 10 days and getting a little stir crazy...have fun Euromags..look forward to Monday pics!
    verb webcams speak for themselfes, I guess gav meant he had to work...........

this mag desperately needs some rest
    DOWN SKIS

no worries g!

Arrow

Anyone willing to ski trees in Chamonix/Argentiere tomorrow (Friday)? I'll probably be skiing laps of Magic Forest (at Grands Montets) if the visibility is like today It's nicer to share this with someone, plenty of pillow lines there.
    victim of mathematical analysis