Page 464 of 820 FirstFirst ... 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 ... LastLast
Results 11,576 to 11,600 of 20487
    Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    Verbier.ch has a ads section with a lot of rental offers. But, to be honest, it's pretty late....
    True. And if the € crashes in the meantime . . . ouch . . .

^ I heard Greece default in November....

Any word on the proposed Le Chable to Bruson gondola ? Have mixed feelings about this - Was meant to go ahead this summer but now postponed ? Has obvious benefit but have mixed feelings about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish_Skier View Post

Any word on the proposed Le Chable to Bruson gondola ? Have mixed feelings about this - Was meant to go ahead this summer but now postponed ? Has obvious benefit but have mixed feelings about it!
    Greece is not the problem, rather German Supreme Court the day after tomorrow . . .

I'm strictly against that gondola and, obvious, i'm happy they didn't succeed in building it - up to now . . .

Here's my season in Iceland last winter:

^^ Cool, Have had my sights set on skiing Iceland after being there two summers ago... Amazing scenery, Amazing people! Where's the best skiing in Iceland?

Most consistently the north of the country, that's where the heli op is based and has probably the most accessible mountains. The second biggest town in the country, Akureyri, is there as well so it has the other amenities that make a holiday pleasant rather than being stuck in a one horse town like most of Iceland outside of Reykjavik. The east and the west fjords have plenty of steep mountains that drop right into the ocean for some awesome views and are snow sure in the winter but harder to get to.

Lift served skiing is generally via tiny local lift systems but most are floodlit. Hlíðafjall in particular boosts you up a short hike from some good terrain.

Hy Euro Mags!

I would be very glad if someone could give me a beta about Southern Norway, btw i´m based in Kristiansand until June so I´m looking for some weekend skiing "nearby".

I already used the search function, but most of the findings were summer touring or skiing up in the far north :-(

Is there any other weather site than yr.no/storm.no for checking the incoming storms? Moreover I did not find any english avalanch bulletin or regional snow report so far.

Furthermore I would like to do a trip up north or west around end march/april for approx 2-3 weeks and i am not sure where to go. I just know the most famous resorts like romdal but i am not sure if this would be the best choice.

So to sum it up, i would really appreciate any help or suggestions for resorts or hostal or whatsoever!

Pray for a good winter

What say the gypsies tea leaves, the goat entrails, the bonds traders or other random squats about the coming season's snowfall?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I don't think the swiss ant hill expert has done his thing yet.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Brilliant guy and actually it turned out that his last "forecast" was quite good

Bruson locals have mixed feelings too... And it has been officially postponed to summer 2013. I personally do not believe it will increase too much the traffic towards the epic star war areas.... But of course I might be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    I don't think the swiss ant hill expert has done his thing yet.
    depending on the pov, he was right while his last "dinner".

A little spam...but just wanted to share some deals HERE
    ....and of course with the crisp air coming to CH we need a little early dancing....GO AL!!!
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Link for Valais ski geeks. Work started this summer on Grimentz to Zinal cable car.
    Due to open Dec 2013....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zh2cbEamlK...00/Liaison.jpg
    Last edited by Scottish_Skier; 09-14-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Link for Valais ski geeks. Work started this summer on Grimentz to Zinal cable car.
    Due to open Dec 2013....

useful, thanks!

Summer is finally over in Bulgaria! We got the first real rain since June today, and temperatures below the 20s.. damn that was a long and hot summer..

Scomeh,

A bunch of us were going to come up to Scotland for the Glencoe Cup, having seen that section in your vid - gutted we didn't now
    Rock skiing at its finest

Haha! Yeah it was the hottest day on record in March, only beaten by the days after that. It was 20C at the base. There was an amazing lack of snow and I spent an hour or two the previous day shoveling snow on top of one of the main cliffs with the Whitedot guys. Given the crap conditions it was still awesome fun so I'm looking forward to getting back over for it this season and hopefully there'll be some snow.

Due to open Dec 2013....

i dont like all these new linking gondolas.

those area managers seem to have some stupid consultants and just go for the fast euro in the pocket...

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    i dont like all these new linking gondolas.
    those area managers seem to have some stupid consultants and just go for the fast euro in the pocket...
    ^ Yip.... Its all about increasing the value of people's property & chalets...
    In Valais there are 3 proposed new lifts coming soon.

1) Le Chable to Bruson
    2) Nendaz to Plan de Fou / Verbier
    3) Grimentz to Zinal

For holiday makers these connections are useful : but for off-piste skiers they can only make quiet and unspoilt areas busier.

A bunch of us were going to come up to Scotland for the Glencoe Cup, having seen that section in your vid - gutted we didn't now
    Ha - honestly... least snow I can ever remember back home in march. was amazed they ran it!

Well people who ski "on piste" want bigger and bigger areas when they stay one full week, so I guess these villages have to adapt. I am no expert but I believe they need to remain attractive.

OK now I am getting excited, summer is getting way too long !!
    We made a short amateur movie on how summer is affecting us skieurs (in france at least), maybe you will find it refreshing in these looong days remaining before winter:

*sorry i was not able to embbed it:

I seem to remember seeing a plan in Crans that eventually linked the resort to Grimentz across the valley. It went from Montana down to Sierre then across to Chandolin - Saint-Luc - Grimentz - Zinal. This Grimentz to Zinal lift must be part of that "master plan".

If I remember right they said they wanted to try to reduce the amount of auto traffic driving between all the resorts around Sierre. For travelers it would be quite the lift network spanning across the valley and would eliminate the need to rent any cars. Anzere would also be connected to Crans by lift.

Yep here is a post a made of the plan 11/13/2008:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/a...?t-140019.html

* Also saw an article a few weeks ago about big Russian plans for the Aminona area east of Montana
    Last edited by jwolter7; 09-20-2012 at 09:24 PM.

i didnt do it!

While waiting for snow we made an amateur video for IF3 Europe based on our 2012 season in the northern french alps

You guys might find it entertaining while waiting desperately as we are

http://www.zapiks.fr/if3-europe-skitape-2012-surv.html

While waiting for snow we made an amateur video for IF3 Europe based on our 2012 season in the northern french alps

You guys might find it entertaining while waiting desperately as we are

http://www.zapiks.fr/if3-europe-skitape-2012-surv.html

ps: if you ever want to explore this area, just ask