Page 820 of 820 FirstFirst ... 815 816 817 818 819 820
Results 20,476 to 20,491 of 20491
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Next week looks fun. Nordstau incoming.
    take photos my skis are forgot about now till December.

Sent from my SM-G780G using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Next week looks fun. Nordstau incoming.
    Not gonna help the skiing, hopefully it’ll help the water situation

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Why not? 60-100 fresh always help....
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Why not? 60-100 fresh always help....
    That’s true, but I don’t live near the Titlis! Quite a bit less coming here and the amount of rock now showing is staggering. That being said, I skied today and I’ll ski every free day I have until we close.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Yeah, looking on the official map that this is clearly marked as a wildlife area,.not just off piste , there is no potential liability here for Altera / Ikon.

I understand that the ridiculousness of the American tort system shouldn't be underestimated, but there is zero here ,at least in this case. That would be the case even in a USA based ski area given their typical liability limitations under state law. If a couple dumbasses ducked ropes into a permanent closure area in a US area and killed themselves in an avy, the area would have no liability. This is before even taking into account that this is a Swiss resort with completely different rules and regulations.

As far as I know, Ikon / Alterra would be very limited in their liability for the actions of an affiliated but not owned / controlled ski area such as Jackson or Alta. This plus the international factor completely makes this concern re: American tourists running Euro ski policies with US lawsuits a bit silly to worry about.

Having said that, while people should be responsible for their own actions, its gotta be a bit of a mindfuck for a typical young ripper from the US west to ski off piste in Europe for the first time and it would be great if there was an easy way to educate people to the differences.

Not like the case here which was a closed area, but a 15 year old expert level skiier from a US big mountain is used to skiing complex steep avalanche prone terrain even on bigger danger days, because patrol works their asses off bombing the shit out of it to get it open safely. If they can't, it isn't open and is marked as such. So I can see how a kid like that could easily get in trouble in Europe not realizing the same level of control is not done and not expected.

Nothing wrong with that and from a liability standpoint that's not the ski areas problem, it's the skiier who should know this. But I use a young ripping kid as an example because that's the type of person who is less likely to appreciate these critical differences. As the multipasses are likely to bring more US skiiers to European terrain, a good way of educating people on these differences ,while not the legal responsibility of the ski area, or even the multipass companies, could potentially help keep tourons safe and avoid potentially hazardous situations . I have no idea what the best way to convey this info would be though.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    I agree with the second half of your post on some of the wonkier factors here such as the kids age, the ability level, etc. I also agree that the ski area/Altera are (again pure speculation based on available information) not liable but do think that a US jurisdiction might allow a claim to be heard due to all of the things that you listed.

I also had a look at liability in Colorado on inbounds avalanches and found that they were found to fall under ‘inherent risk’.

https://coloradosun.com/2021/08/18/t...supreme-court/

Schlager party at the end of the season with Ullr. my thoughts on the upcoming week.
    In Freedom Language! Brought to you by deepl and me!
    https://powderguide.com/en/magazine/...leise-nordstau

Missing the Imperial units.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Missing the Imperial units.
    hehe....actually i could do that....but i think all non US english speakers would be confused.

Well I stand corrected, say video from today up high. The skiing looked substantially better! Looked downright deep!

Weekend alert tomorrow morning. Sat will be deepish I guess.

Well I stand corrected, say video from today up high. The skiing looked substantially better! Looked downright deep!
    credit to a guy who admits he's wrong.

Sent from my SM-G780G using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

https://powderguide.com/en/magazine/...come-to-an-end
    here it is. the final alert for this season. enjoy maggots.
    Monday should be the day for lift assisted deepnes.

I'm in Arlberg atm, lodging in Stuben. Skied a bit in Zürs today. Really bad visibility and some wind. Snow was great though. Boot deep cold snow under Trittkopf and Hexenboden. It's currently puking in Stuben with no wind to speak of. Crossing fingers for some vis tomorrow. Any other mags in the vicinity?

The Vailification has hit Andermatt: the Gemsstock closed April 14; no more May Gemsstock.

:-(
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The Vailification has hit Andermatt: the Gemsstock closed April 14; no more May Gemsstock.

:-(
    Climate change....even Engelberg closes may 5th...

Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    I'm in Arlberg atm, lodging in Stuben. Skied a bit in Zürs today. Really bad visibility and some wind. Snow was great though. Boot deep cold snow under Trittkopf and Hexenboden. It's currently puking in Stuben with no wind to speak of. Crossing fingers for some vis tomorrow. Any other mags in the vicinity?
    Was discussing Sunday, but visibility seems to be pretty poor …

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk