Page 319 of 820 FirstFirst ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,975 of 20486
    les marecottes was good today, 10-20cms new pow on a layer of soft mank. met up with maggot incompetent boob and we just about had the place all to ourselves all day.

what's on the hitlist for tomorrow? anyone skiing in the valais? or g3000?

verbier

Verbier was setting up well by this afternoon. For once the sun didn't ruin things lower down. Currently snowing a bit tonight and tomorrow should be quite good. If anyone wants to meet up let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by Arno View Post
    skied some of the deepest pow i have skied in a long time on the Montets on Thursday... just sayin'
    Yup, it was deep then, and today was very deep off the top.

Was skiing in Scotland on Good Friday. It was incredible by any standards. Didn't queue for a single lift. Didn't stop for lunch. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and the snow was perfect - barely crossed tracks all day.

Will be going up for next few weekends hopefully if any UK mags are keen.

Nr the sea , on the other side of the pond..
    Quote Originally Posted by semw View Post
    Was skiing in Scotland on Good Friday. It was incredible by any standards. Didn't queue for a single lift. Didn't stop for lunch. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and the snow was perfect - barely crossed tracks all day.

man .... i was in edinburgh on friday on business ..as we were descending down to the airport, got a chance to look north towards the cairngorms ... it looked awesome ...

mutter ... grumble ...

where were you ?
    Semper in Pulveris .... Only the depth varies

Quote Originally Posted by wildstyle View Post
    man .... i was in edinburgh on friday on business ..as we were descending down to the airport, got a chance to look north towards the cairngorms ... it looked awesome ...

mutter ... grumble ...

where were you ?

Nevis Range, near Fort William. Doing laps of the back corries, summit and spike's gullies.

Fresh snow, bluebird & long descent in a nice alpine setting = Easter 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpturn View Post
    According to the staff, the AM picked up 1.5m in the last storm. The arete avalanched on both sides. We skied some nice pow today, as did a few thousand others.

That is a great photo. Verbier had crap viz all day but must have had 20-30cms at the top last night judging from the highway we did at the emd of tv day. Tomorrow should be a blinder. My Gele was shut today and will be the target first thing.

Ps conditions last week have been the best all season. Pics to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by semw View Post

Quote Originally Posted by wildstyle View Post
    man ... it looked awesome ...
    BORDER RAID weekend 17th? Wildstyle and Hayduke?

It's a negligible 6-7hrs drive (that's nowt compared to our last epic!)

Quote Originally Posted by cramp View Post
    Fresh snow, bluebird & long descent in a nice alpine setting = Easter 2010.

Mallnitz FTW!
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=382059602063

There was just a little snow yesterday... :-)
    Always Fight Gravity

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/articl...9179_3224.html

Sad times. Be careful out there guys...

+++++ vibes

I posted that thread. It is better on this one...

Video TRs of last week...i didn't shot everyday

After a dry march in the alps, we finally get back into the goods. Fortunately not a lot of work, tourists are not yet in the surounding mountains. So I spent my times most in La Clusaz and a little bit in Chamonix. We had 80cm in 7 days in the french (pre)alps with temperatures going low to high and high to low. Big Avalanche hazard.

I got caught in a slab on the march 28th. No injuries but a little bit scaried. It happened in a couloir in La Clusaz. Late in the morning when the temperatures were going high. My buddy killed and purged the spot. I droped thinking it was safe but the sluff had triggered a slab just right under the rocks of the exit. A mistake from my part. I didn't see it and went straight into. And after I've been grounded and...flying carpet for 150m in maybe 7 seconds. But the slope lowered so it was ok. A good lesson. With the whiteout it s hard to see... look there the video of that scarrying but huge pow day.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sp0shoMvjc"]YouTube- La Clusaz Go Pro HD_Frayeur et gavage le 28 Mars.mov[/nomedia]

4 days later the snow was covering La Clusaz as low as 1400m and with a new 25cm in the night. It was a beautiful bluebird day. I ride it solo in my favourite spots, stability was good...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyjzeUZGFWo"]YouTube- Go Pro HD en solo-La Clusaz 2 avril.mov[/nomedia]

2 days later, I was in Chamonix-Les Grands Montets. Up to 3200m and ride the argentiere glacier. A new 30cm at the top.
    Again stability was poor. Temperatures highing and moderate wind making slabs: 3 skiers died in the french alps that day.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W0uUh2cpBM"]YouTube- Go Pro HD- CHX-Grands Montets 5 avril.mov[/nomedia]

The good things is that the snow should fall again that week. Winter is not dead! By far!

See you guys

my pre Easter week was fun too. a bit mainstream as you can see in the TR

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190310"]Fashion Tour de Europe -La Grave, Cham, Andermatt - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

My "season" was a bit of a disaster. It was meant to be season number 5 in La Grave, but I only really managed 4 weeks and then had to come home.

However i was out last weekend and got to ski a few epic days. Friday and Sunday were amazing. Friday was derby day, and I got to ski something i'd wanted to do for 5 years - the Ygrec couloir (with Grigor, a non-TGR Scot).

Thanks to Joe and Kurt for opening it. We had to rap about 100 metres to get in, including passing a knot. The ski itself was really nice, quite firm by the time we went in, but really good, grippy snow.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I don't own a camera. Grigor took this a few days later. The red line shows where we rap'd.

Wow - solid achievement boys. Job well done.
    Very impressed - and also a little nervous just looking at your photo.
    That rappel looks 'tres sportif' to say the least....

Before Grig left for the season I joked he should try to ski all the legendary routes listed on the skiers lodge www site - (however Trifide 3 and Y-grec were originally exempt from the challenge!).

Cant imagine the Y-grec is a line that sees much traffic... Which really says something given its in la Grave!

wow - nicely played Bobby and Grigor!

is it normal to rap into that or can you traverse in from the Pan?
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

Cheers guys. I couldn't resist a bit of dick-waving on this one, as i've waited so long to do it!

Doug - Grigor's done pretty well for season 1! I'd love it if he does trif 3, but i reckon his knees might blow up trying to land that. The rap was 'tres sportif' indeed. I used a prussic, which i don't normally do, and it jammed as i was coming over one of the cliffs. It took about 10 minutes of panicked flailing to get it unjammed. Then after the knot i didn't bother with the prussic, but couldn't get my device back on the rope, which Grig, (unable to see me), kept pulling out of my hand.

Arno - you can traverse in, from about level with where we finished our rap (maybe a bit higher). Joey, Kurt, Ryan and a few others (Stig also i think) did it at the end of last season. But there's not enough snow in there at the moment. I think it might also be possible to ski it from the top with a bit more snow. I wouldn't be suprised if someone does it before season's end.

if i'd done that line, it would have a full TR with bells and whistles, POV headcam etc etc

clearly all the action shots would be of me sideslipping but my sig has that covered
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

Very nice. It must've been a bit of a relief to get on that apron.

yow. nice one, bobby. dickwave all you want about that one!

It's spring again.

Finally got internet again. Was in Andermatt on Sat and Mon and in LM with Ripz on Sunday. Sun was good fun, Monday was really good. The first ride up the top was a bit of a shit-show because of 0 vis and huge wind-drifts, people getting stuck everywhere. Apart from that was really good and bottomless pow on the right aspects. Finished the day with a almost continuous pow run to the valley with blue sky and sun above. Very nice.

one last hurrah from les 7 laux on monday.

full report to follow. now looking to higher ground and might even learn to tour...
    Today ridicule, tomorrow really cool.

http://www.left-collective.com/
    FOLLOW YOUR OWN WAY