Page 680 of 813 FirstFirst ... 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 ... LastLast
Results 16,976 to 17,000 of 20323
    Doh! Thanks for that. I should have looked a bit more closely. I presume it works as promised.

I didn't try the subscription myself (using online access), but I'd be very surprised if it doesn't work as promised.

PM me if somebody wants to go sunday towards Chur / Lenzerheide / Flims (Kloster shoudl be possible, too) or whatever. I have a meeting 17:00 in Bonaduz. I'm based in ZH and have a car but would go by train, too. Touring or lifts are both fine for me.

1m at 1800m between Thursday night and Saturday night according to Chamonix météo
    http://m.chamonix-meteo.com/en/index.php

Tonight in Lausanne...

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    Tonight in Lausanne...

Fucking love that movie, couldn't believe when I went to Val d'isere that we staying in the same flats and that they still looked exactly the same. This was 10 years ago, but recon they are still the same

I think I'll head to Engelberg tomorrow from Zurich and try to stay above the slop. Anyone game to join?

Powdertastic yesterday. Rain today 😰

I might head to andermatt. Depending whether they stayed on wind hold or not

Sent from my BLA-L29 using TGR Forums mobile app
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Why that over Engelberg?

engelberg was closed today I heard, Andermatt was nice in the moringn, very few people, very resonable snow!

What do you guy think for tomorrow, sunday? As mentioned I have to get to bonaduz anyways so Lenerzerheide worth to get up early or not (think of me as really tired)...

Because I have the 50% pass... But to be honest I have work to to and it was horribly windy and eberg is still low tide.
    I'll take one for the team anyway. Have fun guys and girls and transgender robots from space.

A large slide on Laub. At least one buried

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by danila; 12-15-2019 at 04:59 AM.

Who was it that I bumped into at eberg? Sorry I took off in a hurry. Was trying to get some distance from the large group.

Snow was pretty wind hammered. Either firm windboard or punchy and unpredictable. Still, was good to finally get my first day in since we moved out here!

Anyone find any good snow yesterday in central CH?

It was me. Friday was soft and deep there.

Then stormy wind on Sat, lifts closed, all the snow was either blown away or packed. Tricky skiing on Sunday, but was ideal for our steep skiing drills
    Last edited by danila; 12-16-2019 at 01:00 AM.

Right on! Looks like Friday was amazing! You ski at Engelberg a lot?

It depends. I go to Engelberg mostly early or late in the season (Nov-Dec, Apr-May) when conditions are good. This season started nicely, so already had 7 good days there. Last season - 0 days in Engelberg out of 80 skiing days.

Is that because high elevation so you can get above freezing levels and have good coverage? Still learning how to ski out here in central CH. Had my system dialed back in Colorado.

No because it usually snows a lot there, the terrain is great and the 200 seasonal swedes haven't arrived yet or left already. Plus in May it has some of the most vertical lift served pow left in norzhern Switz. Early season is a gamble. This year still seems kinda low tide measuring station wise and Webcam wise. But I haven't been. Because half an hour further is so much more snow on the south side and andermatt has great coverage already.

Further south still they are at 200% of normal right now. Before the current and Friday southern Stau.

Edit: snow line is an issue until Friday but above 1800-2000m the base will be absurd afterwards and some (OK The one that usually does ) of the inner alpine valleys there might get snow to the valley floor aka 1500-1600m. Precipitational cooling is the key. Keep your fingers crossed. It's a matter of plus /minus 1 degree at 2000m
    Minus one at 2000 is a safe bet. 0 depends on precipitation intensity and plus one gets to much warm air over the mountain passes.

Sunday was fun high in the Valais.

Saturday sucked

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Because I have the 50% pass... But to be honest I have work to to and it was horribly windy and eberg is still low tide.
    I'll take one for the team anyway. Have fun guys and girls and transgender robots from space.

so does that 50% pass work in conjunction with buying tickets through ticketcorner.ch or do you have to buy tickets at the window to take advantage of the 50% pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Is that because high elevation so you can get above freezing levels and have good coverage?
    Adding to the above:
    Engelberg is the first to open and the last to close in Central Schweiz. It's always open on weekdays (thanks to Chinese and Indian tourists!) - no weekend-only operation in autumn and spring, unlike Andermatt and most other resorts.
    Mostly north-facing slopes and the glacier help with snow quality.
    I don't go there often in high season, as there are other resorts closer to Zurich and/or less crowded and/or have good tree runs. In Engelberg tree skiing is quite limited.

2 ice climbers in slide at axamer lizum today in the morning.
    no beacon - dog found them or one?
    lots of south-föhn the last days.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    2 ice climbers in slide at axamer lizum today in the morning.
    no beacon - dog found them or one?
    lots of south-föhn the last days.
    I saw that too. Who goes ice climbing when it's 20°C in town? I'm glad both are ok, but I wonder what they were thinking.