Page 456 of 821 FirstFirst ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... LastLast
Results 11,376 to 11,400 of 20506
    Yesterday's dump helped boosting conditions at Verbier a little bit.

As usual, we had to leave right ahead so couldn't take advantage of it.

fuck, missed today due to vacationing down south. fuck. fuck. fuck. all the fresh snow coming back over Brenner pass.... fuck.

anyone up for riding tomorrow? I'm between Salzburg and Tirol.. if interested shoot me a text, number is in my profile. (PS rest of the week will be spent in the mountains as well, probably touring)
    ~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~

Wiss Nollen (2155 m), Muotathal, central CH

What started at 900 m with only 10 cm on grass, steadily increased and resulted in 40 to 50 cm of fresh powder above 1800 m on good base.

Skintrack at around 1900 m....not the smoothest one I know. But at that point my stride was not the smoothest anymore, since breaking trail solo all way resulted in some tired legs.

Wasserbergfirst as seen from the summit. Next year.

Nice, light powder to about 1500 m. From then on it started to get a bit heavy.
    With the warm temperatures today, I think tomorrow most things are probably going to be mank, unless you head quite hight.

Boot top to knee deep at engelberg today. No action shots as I was rolling solo so just the self portait. Pretty good light and the snow was light in the morning, but started getting manky by noon. Headed down the Laub around 3pm...it was fun, but heavy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1333986688.399199.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	113962  
    Life is all about ass...either you are covering it,
    kicking it, hauling it, kissing it, or trying to get it.

So, practically the pounding started the minute I sat down in the plane, heading home.

Great.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks for taking one for the team Meathelmet!

No seriously... the window of opportunity was extremely short on this one. Basically Monday morning, before the clouds moved in again or it got too warm.

North of the main alpine ridge we got quite a bit of snow. But my guess is that higher up (were the snow stayed cold) the wind blasted the powder as well. (still awaiting reports)
    Therefore I chose to stay a bit lower, but on the lowest parts the cover was also very thin. Spring is always a game. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not.

Will work out for you next time.

Top of the Titlis wasn't wind hammered. A few spots of wind-affected snow, but mostly good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by IridePow View Post
    Thanks for taking one for the team Meathelmet!
    Will work out for you next time.
    As if...

But , at least got some nice views when skiing some crusty mank on pt.giordani. Sorry for the skidogism...

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Backside of Mt Fort was much deeper than expected last run yesterday

Grands Montets high up was fabulous today

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    So did you go or were you a retard?
    Haha, no I didn't go, however this was only partially because I was retarded . I partied on sat night and only had 2 hours of sleep before I woke up to write that... My brain wasn't really functioning and It probably would've spelled bad with the skiing, not to mention the Vis appeared to be 0....

On a positive note, I made it up to the Flumserberg today for their last day of the season, and had some awesome boot to knee deep fluff until about noon, then the sun really started to take its toll. Right about that time the clouds rolled in and it started to snow again, and continued on and off for the rest of the afternoon.

Did laps from the top of the Leist (2222m) and around Sächsmoor to the Sebenalp (1622m) for a good part of the day. Not alot of vert, only 800m or so, but really great creamy pow, and even halfway down when it started to get a little manky, it was never grabby, and still a ton of fun.
    There was a strange crust that I felt in some spots facing ENE, but other than that the wind hadn't seemed to do much damage as of yet. However in the afternoon, the winds were picking up and I was seeing some transport going on, the traverse back to the chair was filled in again after each lap. My guess would be that if anyone is looking to ski/tour tomorrow, it should still be good above the 1800m mark, so long as the winds dont destroy it overnight.....

I'll try and post some of the pics of the Walensee I took later...

e-berg was fun yesterday. i basically left my paid room (until yesterday) in fontainebleau came home at 11pm two days ago and got up at 5am yesterday to ski eberg. first tram bitches!
    laub at 8:40 (yes first tram was at 8:05 because of the junior race ) was nice.
    i missed the steinberg opening because they said 10, but opened at 9:00. but i had first tracks at the jockstock couloir. (the gentle one).
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    Backside of Mt Fort was much deeper than expected last run yesterday
    At least someone took a pic of what we missed out on due to premature departure...

I knew this would happen when it started nuking Friday afternoon.

Lol I can say that after partying and 2 hrs sleep I wouldn't have made it either!
    I did experience the same crust on ENE facing aspects even above 2500 meters. Not knee-wrenching thankfully.

RaxSki`s biggest presentation is starting in Innsbruck/Tyrol
    this Saturday, April 14, along with a firngleiter-race
    http://www.nordkette.com/veranstaltu...fd47464d1b8029

Nordkette has got some fresh pow in the last days.
    Come and test actual and future RaxSki models

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wave_orig.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	678.7 KB 
ID:	114083

Anyone know when the Larger resorts in Central - West Swiss and Vorarlberg close this season? Its been somewhat hard finding a season schedule for some of them over here...

Most of the smaller resorts near here (Graubünden) closed yesterday, the 9th. Looks like the Davos-Klosters(parsenn) stays open til the 15th, and Jakobshorn til the 22nd. Laax and Lenzerheide also close the 15th. Disentis is open til the 22nd... Anyone up for some resort days?

Forecast looks be snowing pretty consistently for the next week at least, time to take advantage of it!

tirol: arlberg 22nd. most resorts will close 15/22nd. ischgl may 1st same with zillertal afaik (but dont know exactly).

everybody wants to ski when there no snow at all in autumn but now there is a lot of snow left and nobody wants to use it. same procedure as last year, ms sophie? same procedure as every year, james....

Best wedding cake ever. And yes on the little landing spot on the cake (just above treeline ) stood a heli at some point

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	805 
Size:	234.7 KB 
ID:	114086
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

very nice, belated congrats! honey moon in ak?
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

thats what i was going to ask. did you get a super-heli-trip or what? and why did you eat the heli first?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom from Austria View Post
    Nordkette has got some fresh pow in the last days.
    äh, no

Quote Originally Posted by Alkares View Post
    Anyone know when the Larger resorts in Central - West Swiss and Vorarlberg close this season? Its been somewhat hard finding a season schedule for some of them over here...
    vbg:
    So.
    Damüls
    Faschina - Fontanella
    Gargellen
    Golm - Tschagguns Vandans
    Kleinwalsertal - Kanzelwand - Fellhorn
    Kleinwalsertal - Talskigebiet
    Mellau - Damüls - Faschina Skischaukel
    Silvretta Montafon
    Sonnenkopf - Klostertal
    Warth - Schröcken
    So.
    Lech Zürs am Arlberg
    Stuben am Arlberg
    Di.
    Skigebiet Schneiderkopf Buch
    Mai 2012
    Di.
    Silvretta Bielerhöhe - Gaschurn Partenen

grisons
    So.
    Arosa
    Avers
    Davos Parsenn
    Flims Laax Falera
    Klosters Parsenn
    Lenzerheide
    Scuol Motta Naluns
    Sedrun Oberalp
    St. Moritz - Corviglia
    So.
    Davos Jakobshorn
    Disentis
    Mai 2012
    Di.
    Corvatsch
    Samnaun
    So.
    Diavolezza

@marius: hochfügen and hochzillertal will close on the 22nd everything else in zillertal next weekend (except hintertux, of course)

freak~[&]

dont know about nordkette but we skied lots of powder today in kühtai. climbing some block ridges, scoring some untracked lines, skiing out the slush and then sunbathing on the warm grass next to the river. now we brag about it on the internet. more snow coming. great day.
    ~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~

Hi there Euros, I'm going to spam your thread this one time. TGR has pulled together some sweet prizes for a contest by the maggots, for the maggots:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ot-POV-Contest

We want to do it again next year, but we really need participation from all of you guys this year to get it off the ground. This season's contest is not limited to footage from this year- go back into your archives and pull out your sickest stuff. Or best beaters

There is some ridiculous stoke posted in this thread- get your best footage together and lets get some submissions.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Best wedding cake ever. And yes on the little landing spot on the cake (just above treeline ) stood a heli at some point

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	805 
Size:	234.7 KB 
ID:	114086
    Very cool indeed! Congrats from Norway!
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

This weekend @ Engelberg

The weather dude is calling for loads more precipitation over the next 4-5 days. Bring. It. On.
    Steep skiing will be where it's at
    that's not bad...
    www.nosiesta.com
    IFMGA Ski & Mountain Guide

hey mr stoiber, how long are you in the area for? wanna go skiing?

marius today @ arlberg

Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.