Page 517 of 822 FirstFirst ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,925 of 20526
    Subtle enjoy the area while you're there, thats where i grew up. Lots of fun snowy times at Baker... hit up the Boundary Bay Brewery for some huge nachos n tasty brews if you get a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Snow across the lake...too bad about my view

i'd have some cold beer available on my balcony

Went to Pitztal Glacier in Austria today. Skiing was absolutely fantastic. I think they got around 65cm or so. Tons of powder turns, face shots, good chowder late in the day. Not a bad turn to be had. Small crowds. No lines at the bottom of funicular where one can get cancer from secondary smoke inhalation! Tomorrow should be quite nice on the glaciers. Good sun this afternoon, some wind, but not bad. A great day - mid winter light powder in mid-October. Get sum. I may get back out there on Monday with my boys.

More snow last night in Cham, too sick to go ski it :-(
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

Walking back from the bakery this morning after getting my pain au chocolat and chausson aux pommes, I see several people with skis in the queue for the Aiguille du Midi... my new skis don't arrive for at least another week, and none of my current, healthy pairs fit the bill... hurry, Sport Conrad, hurry!

Can't wait to see the photos that will inevitably appear.

^^^They did get some pow indeed. http://chamconditions.blogspot.ch/ Currently in Iran till the end of november, exploring, visiting relatives, and climbing rock and mountains. Enjoy the pow all.

Pretty decent amount of snow last week. This is my garden (750ish metres) on Friday morning.

py iPod pic as I forgot to charge my camera, but there was plenty of snow and barely any people in Kuhtai yesterday. Nice to get the first tour of the season in so early.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales

Couple of pics from Sunday from my mate:

Not too shabby for October!

Sweet^^^^looks like you guys are off to a great start.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

meanwhile on the other side of the hill

I'll be in Budapest around mid-January for work and am hoping to combine business and pleasure by spending a week or so skiing. It looks like the closest semi-reasonable places are north of Budapest in Slovakia, but everything I can find mostly points to intermediate terrain (and every write-up talks about the nightlife... who gives a shit?). Without trekking all the way to St. Anton, are there any places in Slovakia, eastern Austria or elsewhere to get in serious skiing? I don't care about apres, kid-friendly or anything else -- I just want to ski some steep stuff. Thanks!

Try sinaia in romania.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TGR Forums

Not that eastern really, but maybe Obertauern?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Try sinaia in romania.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TGR Forums
    That's even farther away from Budapest than St. Anton

It´s closer actually but the roads are slower once you hit romania. Haven´t been to sinaia but to bâlea lac which is worth a visite if you are willing to earn your turns and don´t want the mostly same same cultural experience. Eastern austria has Krippenstein, Obertauern, Dachstein etc to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Roder View Post
    It looks like the closest semi-reasonable places are north of Budapest in Slovakia, but everything I can find mostly points to intermediate terrain (and every write-up talks about the nightlife... who gives a shit?). Without trekking all the way to St. Anton, are there any places in Slovakia, eastern Austria or elsewhere to get in serious skiing? I don't care about apres, kid-friendly or anything else -- I just want to ski some steep stuff. Thanks!
    Yes there are places.......

If you want steeps, go to tirol

i bet marius will disagree...

freak~[&]

If you want snow don't go Tor Tirol. Hrhr
    Just trolling. And if you're headed east don't forget kanin / Sella nevea if it snows south oh the eastern alps and molltaler glacier if it's warm.

^^
    Quote Originally Posted by freak View Post
    i bet marius will disagree...
    sick111elf

I'm so stokes for the coming season. Hintertux is already white.

Does anyone know a proper bootfitter in Munich? I just had some boots more or less destroyed... went in for a toe punch came out with melty almost-holes. I need a new place to get stuff like this done.

LOL - I mean sorry bro.
    Good luck with the boot fitting thing here...
    Worth going a day early somewhere to get the boots done right MUC just is just a muck up.
    If I knew of somewhere to go I would tell you but it's on the other side of zee Alps my freund.

Quote Originally Posted by justr View Post
    I'm so stokes for the coming season. Hintertux is already white.

Does anyone know a proper bootfitter in Munich? I just had some boots more or less destroyed... went in for a toe punch came out with melty almost-holes. I need a new place to get stuff like this done.
    that's not bad...
    www.nosiesta.com
    IFMGA Ski & Mountain Guide

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    And if you're headed east don't forget kanin / Sella nevea if it snows south oh the eastern alps and molltaler glacier if it's warm.
    Kanin gondola wasn´t up an running last season, last thing I heard didn´t sound to hopefull for this season. but don´t quote me on that and obviously there´s still the sella nevea side to access.

They habe The Better and north facing terrain ontje Italian side anyway..