Page 695 of 820 FirstFirst ... 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 ... LastLast
Results 17,351 to 17,375 of 20483
    Unfortunately the Swiss Federal Government has just announced the closure of all ski resorts among other things (schools, museums etc). Verbier is closing immediately. Earn your turns time...

Reports from my employer suggests France is about to follow suit early next week...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    Unfortunately the Swiss Federal Government has just announced the closure of all ski resorts among other things (schools, museums etc). Verbier is closing immediately. Earn your turns time...
    Whoa!

Not so fast. Info is changing by the minute. As long as they meet the federal requirement to keep the restaurant and tram occupancy to under 50 people, they should be good to go. Titlis plans to remain opened.

Yeah, whilst I appreciate this may be unhelpful, I would wait until Monday to see what the upshot of all this is. I think most of the big places are gonna shut though. I would also caution that the Verbier tourist office released a confident statement 3 days ago that Verbier was fine and open for business so....yup

(says me from my quarantine - if I had to snap an ACL though, I guess this was the least bad time to do it)

The Minister for Home Affairs, Alain Berset, was specifically asked, how will the 100 people limit be applied in ski resorts. He replied, ski resorts will close. Didn’t seem like much room for manœuvre to me...

Damn, that was quick!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Looks like Davos was originally planning to stay open through the weekend, then was abruptly told to close immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ski touring apparently forbidden in Italy.

Edit: no still allowed! If you are alone and in your own community. I got carried away by whatsapp half truths.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

On the bright side, my ski pass (magicpass) will be good for all next season. Are other passes being handled that way?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

I think you misread that...

It does seem we will get the G3 money back though

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

FWT Final on the Bec tomorrow. Have drone and skins. Just need some more competitors...

The Minister for Home Affairs, Alain Berset, was specifically asked, how will the 100 people limit be applied in ski resorts. He replied, ski resorts will close. Didn’t seem like much room for manœuvre to me...
    Yeah, I heard that as well. Still not sure it's applied correctly though as one can still go to the crowded malls or IKEA. In any case, sounds like the few resorts that opened today will be fined and shut down at 5:00 p.m. for good. Had a few good runs today but the visibility wasn't great.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Ski touring apparently forbidden in Italy.

Edit: no still allowed! If you are alone and in your own community. I got carried away by whatsapp half truths.
    Actually you were right. In Italy at the moment you cannot leave your house without a permit ( work or health related). Non only because one could spread the virus but also because in case of an accident doctors and nurses are at the moment busy treating the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    Actually you were right. In Italy at the moment you cannot leave your house without a permit ( work or health related). Non only because one could spread the virus but also because in case of an accident doctors and nurses are at the moment busy treating more patients than what they are supposed to and there would be no place for extra injured

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    I think you misread that...

It does seem we will get the G3 money back though

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
    Sadly you're correct. My eyes havent focused from the jetlag. Chatel is still open tomorrow for a last lift day.

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    Actually you were right. In Italy at the moment you cannot leave your house without a permit ( work or health related). Non only because one could spread the virus but also because in case of an accident doctors and nurses are at the moment busy treating the virus.

Vendul is correct subtle. In Sudtirol and Trentino for example the population is under physical quarantine.

THEYVE SHUT THE BARS IN VERBIER TOO!!

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!

All work and no beer make David something..something...
    Name:  db881ecfba439021b248f58e695c4b3b.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  20.8 KB

Au revoir a les francais aussi...

I’ve never experienced a more bitter end to a ski season. That’s saying a lot as I ended two with a injury! Stay healthy guys, hope you all are back in the game next year.

I mean...my injury seems a little irrelevant right now..

FWT Final on the Bec tomorrow. Have drone and skins. Just need some more competitors...
    there can only be 1 winner

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    On the bright side, my ski pass (magicpass) will be good for all next season. Are other passes being handled that way?

out of interest ,do you exclusively ski in the magic pass area or ski else where as well? Resorts look tiny but i imagine with local knowledge they would be very big fun

i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    out of interest ,do you exclusively ski in the magic pass area or ski else where as well? Resorts look tiny but i imagine with local knowledge they would be very big fun

I'll follow the pow wherever but lately haven't needed to travel outside the area. It's vaud and valais resorts, which most are within a 2 hour drive. Mostly i go to glacier3000 for snow quality, convenience, and lack of crowds. The small resorts are great for storm days in the trees.