Page 90 of 820 FirstFirst ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 20483
    Lost and Verb, just figured it would be cool to hook up with any mags if you are there. I'm there with a pretty big group, although we might split up here and there. I think some of them have relatively good local knowledge, so there's no need for immediate "show me around" stuff. On the other hand, I bet you guys have a LOT better local knowledge, so just keep me posted if you're going to be there.
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

I'll be in Ver 3-4 Feb and 10-18 Feb
    Would love to hook up with any Mags...

PM and we can exchange phone numbers...

I'm in Verbier now, but skied today in Vicheres (sp?). Fantastic day. Just over a foot of new snow, OKish base. This resort has one chairlift, two draglifts, masses of open powder fields and trees, and it had about TWENTY skiers (including our group of 7) on the slopes today. We freshtracked all day long. And for the last run we went on the other side of the mountain for about 3000 ft of vertical through the fresh powder (we were the only skiers), all the way down to the road where the taxi was waiting for us.

Pictures of the whole week will come when I'm back in London (Sunday).

In the meantime, if anyone wants to hook up until Sat, please PM Hayduke or ulty guy for my phone number and work e-mail, as my internet access is limited. We're with a guide but perhaps we can meet up.
    You really need to stop knowing WTF you're talking about. (Tippster)

1/24, La Flegere, 30cm of dry powder on top of a hard refrozen base. Still scraping the base, but only just, so made for one of the better days of the season out there... hitting powder all day long with little effort.

Off to Les Trois Vallees to ski with a friend for a couple days. She swears there should be powpowpow alldaylong.

Seems the english maggots are decending onto the alps. I'll be back on Saturday afternoon let's try to do some drinks and ski Sunday perhaps, Roo, Rune, Horizon, etc......

I'll be in Verbier late Thursday until Sunday pm. PM me if anyone wants to ski.

Awesome day in Grands Montets

Up first bin, some runs in bochard (here still skiing through to base), then very nice on Herse far skiers right tugging the rock face, and then a few runs off the very top (not too much of a line too) incredible powpow on the glacier. End of the day run down the trees far skiers right past the refuge was $$$$$$$$ very deep pow, soft base. Snowing moderate to heavy below ~2000-2100mt all day, much better above that.

Great great day.

Just got off the phone with my brah. Traffic collapsed due to snow in southern Germany en route to the Arlberg. Bring it on.

Some parts of the alps are now avavailible in high res on google earth. Including 4vallées(Verbier). I'm checking out possible lines right now..

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Just got off the phone with my brah. Traffic collapsed due to snow in southern Germany en route to the Arlberg. Bring it on.
    was in munich today and there is about 15x more snow there than there is in the arlberg (ie 15cm compared to 1cm). the town at least was missed by the storm.

Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee
    Quote Originally Posted by powslut View Post
    was in munich today and there is about 15x more snow there than there is in the arlberg (ie 15cm compared to 1cm). the town at least was missed by the storm.
    damn do the alps always have this weird of weather patterns? Im used to Cali where for the most part...the storm goes west to east over the sierras, and distributes its snow and leaves, not this weird spinning crap or slamming the eastern alps with 120cm, the western alps with 25cm, and then a city with 15cm and mountains "nearby" with 1/15 of that!!! haha....I hope its usually a bit more predictable then this time around...

Quote Originally Posted by TDJ View Post
    Some parts of the alps are now avavailible in high res on google earth. Including 4vallées(Verbier). I'm checking out possible lines right now..
    ha! and what about the high-res vallon d'arbi? already tracked or not ?

Zermatt today, saw boot deep (30cm) of light fresh on frozen base mixed with tree stumps and rocks. Some nice turns in the morning with few things except the ice underneath hit. The vis was really bad first up, but then the top cleared while snow continued to fall from ~2200m and below. The afternoon saw some bolder lines atempted. This resulted in one destroyed snowboard, and a rather sore knee. Docs are hopeful I've avoided ligament damage, and x-rays are clear, but I am struggling to walk tonight. I'll see how it goes over the next day or two, but maybe this is an early end to my holiday. Anyway, Zermatt with another 30cm would be very good. That way the rocks that are now only just hidden would be buried.

Nice!!!!! Thanks for all of the updates.

Myself and 6 others(3 maggots) will be at the Hotel Le Morgane(right by the Aguille Du Midi) starting friday night. Hopefully we can hook up for at least some drinks and maybe some skiing. Call me if you're interested Idris or Bbirtle. And of course Roo & Brownmonkey. I'm bringin lots of bourbon and an electric ski suit.

Quote Originally Posted by powslut View Post
    Yeah I know the Arlberg always sucks donkey balls!

Gordy, you couldn't stand much Burbon last year, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by jskierpx View Post
    damn do the alps always have this weird of weather patterns? Im used to Cali where for the most part...the storm goes west to east over the sierras, and distributes its snow and leaves, not this weird spinning crap or slamming the eastern alps with 120cm, the western alps with 25cm, and then a city with 15cm and mountains "nearby" with 1/15 of that!!! haha....I hope its usually a bit more predictable then this time around...
    yeah there's like "mountains" and "valleys" 'n shit that affect the local weather. crazy.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    yeah there's like "mountains" and "valleys" 'n shit that affect the local weather. crazy.
    and lows tend to spin and wobble around a lot. much more difficult to predict than a strong cold front from the north.

damn it's cold out there. -6.5C in lausanne on my way to work this morning!

hey come on.
    a Vb-esque low is hard to predict/understand.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Idris View Post

Martina puts a brave face on things

Is that Martina who works at Chamex? (Hard to tell with goggles)
    Monty Python's version of the cougar phenomenon:
    "This is a frightened city. Over these houses, over these streets hangs a pall of fear. Fear of a new kind of violence which is terrorizing the city. Yes, gangs of old ladies attacking defenseless, fit young men".

I was in tirol for the last week. Waiting for snow. Went to Pitztal and it was actually pretty decent but groomers aint pow. Skied in the Zillertal Yesterday and it was absolute crap. They claimed 15cm of new but we found about 5cm on brown ice. Obertauren got about 10 they said. Kitzsteinhorn 5cm. So, where did it snow?

supersweet pow reported in dolomiti (arabba) by someone I trust

friends in arabba yesterday....

too bad I'm stuck in toronto...

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    supersweet pow reported in dolomiti (arabba) by someone I trust
    Check www.proguide.it for a short TR in Val Mezdi (Arabba)

well thats good news about arabba - will be in the area this weekend. Hopefully there will still be something left by then

..... mmhhh I really doubt something will be left in arabba.... you probably want to go marmolada, skin a bit and found your own line to track

Quote Originally Posted by str8line View Post
    Nice!!!!! Thanks for all of the updates.

Myself and 6 others(3 maggots) will be at the Hotel Le Morgane(right by the Aguille Du Midi) starting friday night. Hopefully we can hook up for at least some drinks and maybe some skiing. Call me if you're interested Idris or Bbirtle. And of course Roo & Brownmonkey. I'm bringin lots of bourbon and an electric ski suit.
    you're welcome.... so good you brought some white on the alps