Page 413 of 821 FirstFirst ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... LastLast
Results 10,301 to 10,325 of 20508
    Quote Originally Posted by powfiend View Post
    Flying into Zurich on Monday and wondering were to head to first? Looking for somewhere with cheap lodging and accessable steep terrain that's gonna get the best of this upcoming system. Any ideas? Much appreciated!
    Murren is running deals this Winter.
    Check them out.
    Deals include lodging, breakfast, tix, and guides.
    Good luck, that's all I know, and I learned that at the Zurich train station.

Oh, and Murren is a pretty awesome place to ski too.
    Ski, Bike, Climb.
    Resistence is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Oh you annoying little twat...

Luckily the latest meteo runs show some goodies on this side as well, 20-60cm depending location so snow wise things should be sorted.
    Was today at Punta Giordani and found some windblown but the winds started to be quite hard higher up & clouds forming over the ridge.
    So, hopefully something materializes.

And if not, then grinding with chains to swizz/cham.
    Excuse me, that's dr. Twit to you, mr. No-snow-tires-auto-gaper during HUGE dumps!

Teaming hordes around Cham..... Gotta mount up some 187 BROs.... T-0
    Last edited by jumpturn; 12-30-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Half seven in the AM here, and I've just taken the dog outside for a piss - such light snow covers everything, deep and even. I'm about to walk up the hill into the forest for twenty minutes with the hound and some Seths strapped to my back, and scoot down through some trees before locking him up with a bone for a few hours and doing some laps of the Aig du Midi midstation with some Toons.

What a glorious day!

Huge snowfall in verb

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    Huge snowfall in verb
    On my way, leaving work around 14:00, should be in the hotel in Martigny by 21:00, in time for dinner and a few beers

Too much wind, televerbier has closed almost all the lifts. Amazing to say, almost no one had skins at hand
    The free bus service plus a short 20 min skinning brought to some 500m vert of untracked 30-50cm pow. Repeated twice with a lot of fun.

Same thing in monte rosa: st.anna/champoluc/salati was closed early leaving only old yolanda chair running...
    Alagna was open normally though..
    Well, things are filling up a bit though 20-40cm of windblown depending on the place. High winds are a bitch though, lets see if the winds calm down tomorrow.

How was your localites? Open, closed?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Cham was mostly closed, but the pierre à ric at GM probably had 70cm on it for 1st tracks. In other words, it was upper thigh deep blower on Kuros and waist deep on thinner skis. The snow was very light and slidy. Les Houches was open.

Excellent conditions in Zermatt last Friday.

same in ovronnaz. they shutdown everything at 11:30 due to wind. i paid 48chfs for two ripz down. oh well. it was absolutely puking up there. we got 10cms in the hour+ we were there and there was probably 20 on the ground already. dumpicane part deux.

Apparently was great in Bruson although already starting to get heavy low down. Looking at Meteo Suisse tomorrow morning should still be good in the forests but then the warm front will hit and wreck everything low down...

Went to cham today over the Col de Forclaz with a visiting friend, only to find that we missed the Col de Montet closing by about 15 min. Tried Vallorcine, but that was closed too. Tried calling Champex Lac and they were closed for the day. Went to Bruson and arrived by 11:30am. Had some trouble figuring the place out, but once it was figured out a couple of 10 min hikes brought great fun.

Tomorrow is gonna be DEEEEP!!! Get after it in the morning though cause its going to get warm!!!

Arriving in Verb on the 2nd, staying in le stop til the 6th. After that, who knows?? Anyone whose around want to meet up and take laps or go out for a tour let me know!

Super sluffy here today - walking the dog through the forest, the banks by the side of the path would collapse if you so much as looked at them. Everything closed in Chamonix except for Les Houches. Which will be hell.

I'm going for a little tour up under the Midi wires again.

Verb = closed for too much, bruson = partially open.
    'nuff said....

tasty powpow.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Please, stay in Utah.

In other news, the Espace Killy was closed yesterday because of the wind.
    Still puking today, val d'isère slowly opening, but still no lift access to Tignes.
    More snow scheduled on sunday.
    Next week should be sweet and I'll be back in Paris. Great.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Cluster f*₵k today! Mont Blanc Tunnel closed due to avalanche danger (nice for the CM locals....).

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    dumpicane part deux.
    si, si senor! unfortunately happening without me. but even Nordkette got 60-70 in the morning and this is by far, not a w/nw-stau moutnain range...

(luckily, i have a lot training these days to make the perfect pizza piece while sliding down a STEEP skihill... maybe klar is still able to beat my skillz. need to battle her!)

Spent 5 hours getting back to Morzine from Tignes to be greeted with rain. Should have stayed there - St Foy yesterday was very very deep - only bottom two lifts open but plenty to keep occupied for the morning. A lot of snow falling in Tignes when i left this morning at 8.30am.. Now to find somewhere that for tomorrow that is open, and high enough to have avoided getting rained on..

Tomorrow rain and then look like the next system is rolling in later in the week.... Life cant get much better!!!

Today quickie sesh was pretty nice some natural jumps face shots were had but now I just want to stop working and get back to Tirol to get the 70cm deep goods instead of the 50cm we have been getting in the East (SBG)

FS: 2012 Volkl Shiro + Marker Jesters

For anyone who has still not yet completed there quiver for this winter..

I'm selling a pair of 2012 Volkl Shiro's in 183cm, with Marker Jester teams (din 18).

Near perfect condition - no damage whatsoever.

Selling as they are too short for me really, and need cash for trips.

See here for photos: http://www.skipass.com/petites-annon...-marker-jester

Make an offer on the price please..

Did a few laps of Bruson this morning - rain in the car park, heavy at the poma but nice up top

Deep in the trees

Well, tried to ski Verbier today, wanted to test my ex-demo but new to me powder boards, pretty hopeless. Only a small lower section open, and had to share that with 8 gazillion tourists.
    Luckily the new skis have demo bindings and after reading some threads on here the general thought is to be a few cm's back of center. Sure enough, right off the lift I buried the tips in wet heavy stuff and couldn't move. Found one little shoulder that was only 3/4 tracked out and did a few laps, each run I'd shift the bindings back a bit. Seem to be working pretty good now but hard to tell in those conditions. It was about 2 o'clock, I was soaking wet, the chair I was in line for shut down and everybody, the entire que, hopped on the cat track down to the gondola and I just couldn't be bothered and left. Try agian tomorrow.